• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

yankee doodle on a noodle eating the toughest muffins ever made in the land of cotton ... what you doing :happyhappy: 

Eating crow :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

27 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

But you are not speaking out against love, you are telling people they do not know what they feel.  You are like a blind person telling someone with sight that the apple is really not red.

We know what we feel, we know what affection is, we know what love is, they are two separate things for which it is possible to have one without the other. I can tell you there were times when they were in their teens that I felt no affection for my children, but I still felt love for them.   From one who has experienced it, I can tell you with 100% certainty, love is more than just a verb or an action. 

Thank you Shadows for coming to my defense.  Your married  and you know what the love of a spouse is.  I don't know what a parent feels if they loose a child, because I have never had a child.  But I sure know what it is to say good-by to someone I have shared half my life with.  Thanks again Shadows.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Eating crow :D

that's liable to stick in your craw :o 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Nooby......the adults are having a discussion,,,,,:24:

5 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

that's liable to stick in your craw :o 

Naw....I floss.

e51c825746ace3fe013b4ed36720866b.jpg

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Nooby......the adults are having a discussion,,,,,:24:

Yes, I could see that an adult Christian discussion. :D

Guest shiloh357
30 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

You are totally out in left field.  You are sitting there telling me as a spouse who lost the love of her life after 25 years of marriage that you know what I went through.  

No, I am not.  I am not saying anything of the sort.    What I am saying is that love is not confined to marriage and simply because I have not been married doesn't mean that I cannot understand the objective facts that are common to all relationships.  Even in marriage, there are objective realities that do not require one to be married, in order to for one to understand them.

I have no clue what an addict goes through because I"m not an addict.  You have never been married so you have  no clue what we has spouses go through when we loose that person.  You also have no clue what it is to love someone as a spouse as I did.  The very fact that you used such a ridiculous  analogy shows that I am right and you are not.

I got news for you shiloh you can be wrong on things and this shows that.  

Blessings. RustyAngeL

maybe you ought to read what I wrote and respond to that instead of ranting about something I didn't say.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

No, I am not.  I am not saying anything of the sort.    What I am saying is that love is not confined to marriage and simply because I have not been married doesn't mean that I cannot understand the objective facts that are common to all relationships.  Even in marriage, there are objective realities that do not require one to be married, in order to for one to understand them.

This is where you are going wrong, Love is not about objective facts.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

maybe you ought to read what I wrote and respond to that instead of ranting about something I didn't say.

I"m done.  

Guest shiloh357
26 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

But you are not speaking out against love, you are telling people they do not know what they feel. 

No, I am not.  It's not like that at all.  I am saying that  love is not an emotion.  If it were an emotion, then most marriages would be in a shambles because emotions/feelings are conditional, love is not.   Emotions are hot one day, cold the next, fickle and preferential.  Love is what actually lasts because it is not based on the conditions being right.  

We know what we feel, we know what affection is, we know what love is, they are two separate things for which it is possible to have one without the other.

Yes, which is what I am saying.  Love and affection are separate things, but love isn't an emotion. Love is far greater than emotion.  It effects how we feel, but it is not a feeling.  It transcends feeling which is why people can love imperfect people in imperfect situations.   Loving one's enemies requires an act of the will, not an act of emotion.

I can tell you there were times when they were in their teens that I felt no affection for my children, but I still felt love for them.   From one who has experienced it, I can tell you with 100% certainty, love is more than just a verb or an action. 

Love is defined, biblically, in what we do.  It is a verb, but it is greater than emotions like affection, compassion, etc.