IGNORED

Feelings...

Running Gator

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

This is where you are going wrong, Love is not about objective facts.  

I didn't say it was.   I said that there are objective facts about relationships like marriage that don't require being married, to understand.  If that were not the case, then we would have no need for premarital counseling.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m done.  

I am with you sister.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

I didn't say it was.   I said that there are objective facts about relationships like marriage that don't require being married, to understand.  If that were not the case, then we would have no need for premarital counseling.

I wouldn't know.  Steve and I never went to premarital counseling.  I was 30 and Steve was 51.  Our pastor figured we knew what we were doing.  All we did was work out the the wedding.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

11 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

I"m done.  

I am with you sister.                                                                                                                OotS

Me too!

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, RustyAngeL said:

I wouldn't know.  Steve and I never went to premarital counseling.  I was 30 and Steve was 51.  Our pastor figured we knew what we were doing.  All we did was work out the the wedding.

But a lot of people do premarital counseling these days because so many people nowadays have unrealistic expectations about what marriage is, there are a lot of things they need to know about each other and about relationships, particularly college-aged people.   You would be surprised how many people go into potential marriage relationships with completely pie-in-sky fantasies and weird, impractical  ideas about love.

27 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

But a lot of people do premarital counseling these days because so many people nowadays have unrealistic expectations about what marriage is, there are a lot of things they need to know about each other and about relationships, particularly college-aged people.   You would be surprised how many people go into potential marriage relationships with completely pie-in-sky fantasies and weird, impractical  ideas about love.

I have no idea what premarital counseling has to do with love?  Premarital counseling basically helps to teach two people to live in close proximity to each other.   It could just as easily be done with two people moving into a dorm together.   

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Out of the Shadows said:

I have no idea what premarital counseling has to do with love?  Premarital counseling basically help to teach two people to live in close proximity to each other.   It could just as easily be done with two people moving into a dorm together.   

Premarital counseling can reveal if you actually love the person you want to marry. 

actually, living together is shown be disastrous for marriages, much of the time.  There may be some who beat the odds, but much of the time, it's really not about getting to know the other person as it is about wanting to have sex outside of marriage without the actual commitment marriage requires. And that violates God's prescription for marriage.

Yeah, most my posts fit on fortune cookie:emot-headphones:                                               Yown

I knew you would appreciate the humor,lol! My dad used to say "Less is more"    :D

Just now, shiloh357 said:

Premarital counseling can reveal if you actually love the person you want to marry. 

actually, living together is shown be disastrous for marriages, much of the time.  There may be some who beat the odds, but much of the time, it's really not about getting to know the other person as it is about wanting to have sex outside of marriage without the actual commitment marriage requires. And that violates God's prescription for marriage.

When I said it teaches two people to live in close proximity to each other I was speaking of after they were married, not before.  I do not know where you got the idea I was speaking of before marriage.

It could just as easily be done with two people moving into a dorm together.   

I believe OotS is referring to room mates not couples living together for extra marital reasons