• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Rusty

You can look up "got questions"....it is not much different than our Worthy Ministry except there is no "discussion" or "fellowshipping" ....it has a wide array of folks that give their answers to questions asked....just like here ,,,,they have some pastors,bible college students,lay people etc,,,some have degrees ,some don't but the CEO of the company supposedly is actively checking answers & takes responsibilty.....I'm not sure but I believe he went to Calvary Bible College,,,you love Calvary!!

Anyway,they seemto be pretty good most times but you have to watch,I've seen some answers that I thought were way off....like listening to a sermon...they are just people & we are responsible to seek Gods Word for ourselves                             Hope that helps?        With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Louvain said:

I was Baptised as a baby but growing up and things going on in my life i became lost to God. Christ showed me my way home to him and now i feel like i want to be baptised in his love again. What do you think of this idea?

Hi Louvain.

Welcome to Worthy Forums. You go and get baptized. Just saying, no where is  infant baptism taught in Scripture. There is not one word that mentions any such thing.

On the contrary, it is clear from Scripture that baptism is only after men have repented and have been born again by the Spirit of God.

Infants are not lost due to the fact that they are not old enough to be responsible for any sins and therefore could not repent of known sins.

They cannot be fit candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life.

Only personal disciples and followers of Jesus Christ were commanded to be baptised (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark. 38>19-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2: 38-39).

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Who is S. Michael Houdmann? CEO of "Got Questions"

https://gotquestions.org/S-Michael-Houdmann.html

25 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Rusty

You can look up "got questions"....it is not much different than our Worthy Ministry except there is no "discussion" or "fellowshipping" ....it has a wide array of folks that give their answers to questions asked....just like here ,,,,they have some pastors,bible college students,lay people etc,,,some have degrees ,some don't but the CEO of the company supposedly is actively checking answers & takes responsibilty.....I'm not sure but I believe he went to Calvary Bible College,,,you love Calvary!!

Anyway,they seemto be pretty good most times but you have to watch,I've seen some answers that I thought were way off....like listening to a sermon...they are just people & we are responsible to seek Gods Word for ourselves                             Hope that helps?        With love-in Christ,Kwik

I have read many websites who do not adhere to "Got Questions" Some people hate them. Among them are the JW, Catholics and Mormons. There are many other Christian denominations that their belief does not line up with "Got Questions" and they think it is a website of false doctrine. I guess that is a matter of choice. Our world is full of them. I certainly would not expose my brothers and sister on Worthy to false doctrine.

46 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Through it all (love that Andrae Crouch song) we are to be as the Bereans who even double checked with Scripture what the Apostles were preaching, and were called noble for doing so...

Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
(Act 17:11)

\

There are several Christian Ministries I have researched that are quite scary :mellow:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Louvain said:

Thank you everyone for the very informative discussion. I have decided i want to go ahead and be baptized again. :emot-heartbeat:

Good for you!!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Peeps

No ,I am sure no one is suggesting you would intentionally introduce the Bethrren to false doctrine but it is still someones interpretation & hopefully,as Yown posted, each will seek God to Reveal the meaning of His Word in Spirit & in Truth

Hi Louvain

Excellent! Praise Jesus!  

Love & Blessings,Kwik

Guest Teditis
14 hours ago, Louvain said:

Thank you everyone for the very informative discussion. I have decided i want to go ahead and be baptized again. :emot-heartbeat:

That's fantastic Louvain!!

God be with you in your days ahead...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Out of the Shadows said:

It is based upon the grammar of the passage, a clear plain reading of it.  Anything else is adding to the passage.

And how is one to know without any sort of authorty if they have a "clear" and "plain" reading of the grammer of this or any other passage? For example, lets say we have four or five Protestant or Fundamentalist in a room (there are actually thousands of differnt Prot. and Fundy sects) discussing a certain passage in Scripture, and there are four or five differnt clear and plain understandings of this passage, all supposedly inspired by the Holy Spirit, without any sort of authorty, who holds the truth, and who does not?

Anything else is adding to the passage.

Yes, without any authorty, this is correct. Something that is very common among the thousands of differnt Protestant/non-Catholic sects.

The bible is not about what is not in it, but about what is in it.

Really? Then why does St. John say everything is "not" in the Bible? John 20:30; "Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of [his] disciples that are not written in this book." (Apostolic Traditions) Or... Jn.21:25; "There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written." (again, Apostolic Traditions)

How about the words Jesus spoke? "It is more blessed to give than to receive" Can you show the book, chapter and verse where Jesus spoke these words? And if you cant, and in your way of thinking, we should disregurd these words Jesus spoke? I think not! With this being said, are you willing to admit you were in error when you said..."The bible is not about what is not in it, but about what is in it."

Jesus and the apostles gave a very clear order of things, baptism 100% of the time comes after repentance.

Very clear 100% of the time? Acts 22:16: "Now, why delay? Get up and have yourself baptized and your sins washed away, calling upon his name."

Now I know you are very fond of the passage in Acts 2:38 and use it often to try and make a point. In regurads to Acts 2:38, I'd like to ask your opinion on it. In your opinion, is St.Peter 1. Preaching the Gospel to his "adult" hearers at the time? 2. Giving "complete" Catechetical Instruction on "eligibility" for Baptisim here? 3. Both? Or 4. Neither?

Do you know what you call baptism without repentance?

A shower/bath.

If this is your attempt at being a Bob Hope.... Keep your day job.

Peace

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

without any sort of authorty, who holds the truth, and who does not?

Well the "authority" that you claim for the RCC is extremely questionable, and today the Pope's authority is a joke.  So what authority are you looking for?  Scripture itself is the final authority.