• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

You only live once that's the motto- or at least it is for those who live by it. Many people say yolo but don't live by yolo however there are those who do people who go all out in life they literally live everyday as if it's there last day many are not even Christians but they do everything they can they experience everything they can and they give it their all they live by yolo.

The reason this is what they is because many people are content to sit around and do nothing all day they are alive but they don't live but for these few who live by yolo being still and not living life is worse than death.

Yolo is something we as Christians more than anyone must learn to understand for after all the spirit moves it does not sit still and do nothing. Just something to ponder:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I dont know what yolo is.

Thanks.

Yolo is hedonistic. One needs to live for the Lord. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

I dont know what yolo is.

Thank you jade I don't have a clue either.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

There are two schools of thought about YOLO. One is that you live your life for yourself and the other you live your life for others. The difference between the two is shattering, since if you live only for yourself that is all you will end up with.  My Dad live life for himself, even when he was with the rest of our family. I'm not disrespecting him, but I am using him as an example. My dad was the type of person who tried to impress people with the devices he bought instead of working on himself. He ended up without anything and died alone in a elderly residence when he could have had so much If he hadn't lived for himself.

I think as a believer I lived yolo in the sense that When I made a promise to God to give it all i have and to be reckless and abandon in seeking him in knowing him in loving him and in turn love others the same way he has helped me to keep that promise.

I am not out on the streets preaching the gospel or out doing great and powerful miracles or moving huge crowds of peoples to follow God but I am here doing whatever I can however I can always being willing for him to use me however he can I search his word I ponder upon the things of God and my entire thought process my every day of my life revolves around him and about him and for him.

For me this is my living out yolo in my faith and as Yowm pointed out the world wouldn't consider this as yolo, we live by this motto by living for God everyday however we can because faith is a way of living for some but for others it's a passion that burns with fierce love.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,206
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Interesting to note what our Lord says before the `catching away` scripture.

`...that you aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, & to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly towards those who are outside, & that you may lack nothing.`

`But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep......`then we who are alive & remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds...` (1 Thess. 4: 11 - 17)

There is a lot of `driveness` in the world & in the church, whereas the Lord would have us to behave properly & listen to the Holy Spirit. People are watching how we live & I believe as things get really serious, (economic collapse etc) then those we have built relationships with, will be more ready to ask why we are not fearful etc.

In all God`s timing, Marilyn.

God spoke to me of a storm coming our way the likes of which this world has never seen and if our hearts are not prepared none of us will stand and I always add that how we prepare our hearts is to continuously seek to deepen the bond love and the relationship with God because only then will our heart be able to stand when no one else can.

Your post reminded me of this and makes me think he has spoken the same thing to you

48 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Interesting to note what our Lord says before the `catching away` scripture.

`...that you aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, & to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly towards those who are outside, & that you may lack nothing.`

`But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep......`then we who are alive & remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds...` (1 Thess. 4: 11 - 17)

There is a lot of `driveness` in the world & in the church, whereas the Lord would have us to behave properly & listen to the Holy Spirit. People are watching how we live & I believe as things get really serious, (economic collapse etc) then those we have built relationships with, will be more ready to ask why we are not fearful etc.

In all God`s timing, Marilyn.

Interesting point.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

images (20).jpg