• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

19 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Not only did not most most College Education Women not vote for Trump, most women in general did not vote for Trump

This is not accurate at all. More than half of the white women voters voted for Trump. 

Some 53 percent of white women voters supported the Republican candidate, CNN said, the majority of them (62 percent) non-college educated.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fared-well-women-voters-despite-sex-assault-050433269.html

"Despite sex assault" is untrue also.  There was no sex assault case against Trump (unlike Bill Clinton).

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

This is not accurate at all. More than half of the white women voters voted for Trump. 

Some 53 percent of white women voters supported the Republican candidate, CNN said, the majority of them (62 percent) non-college educated.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-fared-well-women-voters-despite-sex-assault-050433269.html

"Despite sex assault" is untrue also.  There was no sex assault case against Trump (unlike Bill Clinton).

You will notice I said "women", not White women.  

From Nebula's link... Preliminary exit poll results show that while she won women by 12 points overall (Trump won men by the same margin, a historic gender gap)

You are correct, there was no case, there was just him bragging about it.  For some reason a male bragging about sexual assault bothered some women.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, nebula said:

Going back to the OP a bit, I heard an interesting analogy.

College is great for building models about reality, but they don't do as well with applying the reality to life, and when life throws monkey wrenches in the works, the educated would rather explain why the monkey wrench is the problem rather than that the model is ineffective.

This is a rather broad brush to be painting with.  The "educated" include doctors, nurses, engineers (of about a dozen different varieties), statisticians, computer programmers, physicist, architects , and more.  I can say with 100% confidence you are very glad the person that designed the braking system in your car is college educated, as well as the guy that designed any bridge you might drive over. 

As I said in a different thread (or maybe it was this one), college is a tool that opens more doors for a person.  It is not what you learn in college that is important, it is how you apply it.  Having a college education allows a person to do a great many more things than if they did not have it.

Apparently there was a movie with Rodney Dangerfield where he started and ran a business, and then went to college to get a business degree that was needed for some reason. There was a scene where the teacher told the class how much money was needed to start a business, and Rodney's character contested the claim, that triple that was needed - because the figure given didn't calculate this need and that need and this fee and whatever. So the professor who studied business all his life argued back with the man who actually worked a business on what needs to be done and how and why. Which do you believe was in greater touch with reality?

The movie is called "Back to School" and he goes to be close to his son who in college.  In the scene you are speaking of the professor was giving a hypothetical example and Rodney's character took exception because it was too vague and also did not include money for bribes and other such things.  While it was very funny, it was after all just a comedy movie.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

Having a college education allows a person to do a great many more things than if they did not have it...

True enough.  And then again, as the saying goes, it's not what you know but whom you know.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

1 hour ago, Out of the Shadows said:

This is a rather broad brush to be painting with.  The "educated" include doctors, nurses, engineers (of about a dozen different varieties), statisticians, computer programmers, physicist, architects , and more.  I can say with 100% confidence you are very glad the person that designed the braking system in your car is college educated, as well as the guy that designed any bridge you might drive over. 

As I said in a different thread (or maybe it was this one), college is a tool that opens more doors for a person.  It is not what you learn in college that is important, it is how you apply it.  Having a college education allows a person to do a great many more things than if they did not have it.

The movie is called "Back to School" and he goes to be close to his son who in college.  In the scene you are speaking of the professor was giving a hypothetical example and Rodney's character took exception because it was too vague and also did not include money for bribes and other such things.  While it was very funny, it was after all just a comedy movie.

You are painting with a broad brush yourself.

I have a Bachelor's Degree. It did me squat to train for actually working in the field. I know many people who have go-no-where degrees and people who ended up with jobs that their college degree didn't give them any perks with.

Not everyone goes to college to be a doctor, nurse, engineer, etc. A lot of people go to college "just because" and pick a major without having actual career goals. But even still, students going into such fields are not showing appreciation for learning critical thinking skills. (I hear the complaints!) 

I wish you could spend a few semesters as an adjunct faculty instructor and interact more with instructors and students.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

Not only did not most most College Education Women not vote for Trump, most women in general did not vote for Trump

A majority of American women did not vote for Trump. This is true. However, many women did in fact vote for Trump. See thread below:

@Out of the Shadows I'd say a significant amount of women voted for Trump though. A lot more than anticipated too.

It is interesting that 43% of White women, 26% of Hispanic women, and 4% of Black women voted for Trump. That's over 4 out 10 White women and nearly 3 out of 10 Hispanic women voted Trump. Even among black women  4 out of 100 voted for Trump.

A little over 4 out of 10 women voted for Hilary.  A little over 5 out of 10 women voted for Hilary.

It's also interesting that 43% of white-college educated women voted for Trump. That's over 4 out of 10 white women voted for Trump. A little over 5 out of 10 women voted for Hilary.

It is also interesting that 42% of college graduates voted for Trump. That's over 4 out 10 college graduate students voted for Trump. A little over 5 out of 10 college graduates voted for Hilary.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls/national/president

So saying "most" college educated women did not vote for Trump and "most" women in general did not vote for Trump while accurate is a bit distorting.

Sure, the polls could be off. In fact, the polls could be very off but that's what we have to look at.

God bless,
GE

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

What's even more interesting to me is that over 5 out of 10 married Americans voted for Trump. Also those with 50K or more in annual income tended to vote for Trump. Since education is often linked to income it's surprising the numbers on the college grads. Of course, younger folks ages 18-29 could be distorting those numbers.

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/30/1978

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:22 PM, Out of the Shadows said:

I voted for Trump and most women I know voted for Trump but most women I know (myself included) are followers of Christ. Non Christian women are another story because the god of this world has blinded their minds and they don't think anything about voting someone in that is pushing to legalize full term abortion.