• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How come?

Hodie- I have already told you I am not going to waste my time in foolish pseudo-intellectual religious  debates with you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, woundeddog said:

Hodie- I have already told you I am not going to waste my time in foolish pseudo-intellectual religious  debates with you

If that is your wish woundeddog, just wanted to give you a chance for a rebuttal. However, I must forewarn you W.D. that I will continue to refute any future fallicies you may post reguarding the Catholic Church or her beliefs no matter how foolish or disigenuous you may claim them to be. Even if that means it to be one-sided, which would be no fault of mine.

Peace

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 hours ago, Hoddie said:

How do you know she went to hell....
I find that an odd thing to say about a loved one....

Peace....

:sherlock:

Peace

Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; Romans 5:1 (World English Bible)

And The Party

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, be with all of you! Romans 16:20 (International Standard Version)

At The End Of The Universe

And the One sitting on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He says, "Write this, because these words are faithful and true." Revelation 21:5 (Berean Literal Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

The Believer's Inheritance

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11 (King James Bible)

Don't Let Some Demon Snatch It Out Of Your Heart

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother(SObG)

Not to go off Topic but I was just looking at one of the posts by Brother HAZARD when he put up photos of the pope worshipping Mary,also a lady "napping" on a statue of her......It reminded me of something I can never forget,see if you remember too?"December 8"....ring a bell? (or sound an alarm-lol?)

According to the rcc,since 1854,this is what they call a Holy Day of OBLIGATION.....wow ,brings back memories!!!! December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Original sin and actual (personal) sin

The defined dogma of the Immaculate Conception regards original sin only, saying that Mary was preserved from any stain (in Latin, macula or labes, the second of these two synonymous words being the one used in the formal definition).[3] The proclaimed Roman Catholic dogma states "that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin."[3] Therefore, being always free from original sin, the doctrine teaches that from her conception Mary received the sanctifying grace that would normally come with baptism after birth.

THe definition makes no declaration about the Church's belief that the Blessed Virgin was sinless in the sense of freedom from actual or personal sin.[4] However, the Church holds that Mary was also sinless personally, "free from all sin, original or personal"

Virginal conception

The doctrine of the immaculate conception (Mary being conceived free from original sin) is not to be confused with her virginal conception of her son Jesus. This misunderstanding of the term immaculate conception is frequently met in the mass media. Catholics believe that Mary was not the product of a virginal conception herself but was the daughter of a human father and mother,[7] traditionally known by the names of Saint Joachim and Saint Anne. In 1677, the Holy See condemned the belief that Mary was virginally conceived, which had been a belief surfacing occasionally since the 4th century.[8] The Church celebrates the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (when Mary was conceived free from original sin) on 8 December, exactly nine months before celebrating the Nativity of Mary. The feast of the Annunciation (which commemorates the virginal conception and the Incarnation of Jesus) is celebrated on 25 March, nine months before Christmas Day.[9][10]                                                                                     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immaculate_Conception

Wow,huh? I remember the processions,there was a huge,immense,stature of Mary being paraded around by what looked like pall bearers & the entire school,nuns  would march around behind it singing praise & worship songs to this statue.....a dead person ....the kids had to fold their hands together ,heads down & pray to her

I wouldn't pray to her & was reprimanded,told my mom & dad that I only wanted to pray to Jesus & not to the statue of the big lady....dad straightened them out on that since he figured they worked for him seeing how  he paid them quite a salary for them to give me an education,they understood him perfectly for fear of losing tuition and I did not participate in processions worshiping any dead people or statues

With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 hour ago, FresnoJoe said:

:sherlock:

Peace

Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; Romans 5:1 (World English Bible)

And The Party

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the grace of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, be with all of you! Romans 16:20 (International Standard Version)

At The End Of The Universe

And the One sitting on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He says, "Write this, because these words are faithful and true." Revelation 21:5 (Berean Literal Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

With all due respect Joe, nowhere in the whole of your post do I see how woundeddog knows how his Aunt is in hell.

Peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

22 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother(SObG)

Not to go off Topic but I was just looking at one of the posts by Brother HAZARD when he put up photos of the pope worshipping Mary,also a lady "napping" on a statue of her......It reminded me of something I can never forget,see if you remember too?"December 8"....ring a bell? (or sound an alarm-lol?)

According to the rcc,since 1854,this is what they call a Holy Day of OBLIGATION.....wow ,brings back memories!!!! December 8th is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Wow,huh? I remember the processions,there was a huge,immense,stature of Mary being paraded around by what looked like pall bearers & the entire school,nuns  would march around behind it singing praise & worship songs to this statue.....a dead person ....the kids had to fold their hands together ,heads down & pray to her

I wouldn't pray to her & was reprimanded,told my mom & dad that I only wanted to pray to Jesus & not to the statue of the big lady....dad straightened them out on that since he figured they worked for him seeing how  he paid them quite a salary for them to give me an education,they understood him perfectly for fear of losing tuition and I did not participate in processions worshiping any dead people or statues

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Catholic Answers: Holy Days of Obligation

I thought Easter was a Holy Day of Obligation.  Seems like the names of these days have changed, and that more are associated with Mary now.  I remember August 15th (or was it August 14th), November 1st, December 8th, December 25th, January 1st, etc.  Easter and Good Friday were not holy days of obligation for some reason if I remember correctly.  My parents avoided "High" Masses whenever possible.  It was get in, get out, with your duty fulfilled.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

I always realized the difference between praying in front of statues and praying to the person they represent.  But why pray to a middleman or woman?  I had my St. Joseph Missal in Latin and English, with todays readings in back.  Five separate ribbons kept my place during Mass so I could follow along.  After Vatican II, my Missal became obsolete.  The Mass was now in the common tongue of the people.  My father had a couple of Catholic Missals with him that he brought home after WWII.  My mother started throwing or giving my father's things away while my wife was still providing hospice care for my dad in another room.  My mother and sister thought taking care of my father, cleaning him up and such was disgusting work.  But my wife and I (mostly my wife) did the dirty work.  Even my atheist brother-in-law helped more than his wife, my sister.

Truthfully, I miss my mother-in-law most of all.  She was a wonderful woman with a heart of gold geared toward works.  She accepted Jesus late in life before it was too late.

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother(SObG)

Not to go off Topic but I was just looking at one of the posts by Brother HAZARD when he put up photos of the pope worshipping Mary,

First off Kwik, 100% sure the pope is not worshiping The Blessed Virgin Mary. Thinking otherwise is nothing more than total ignorance of Catholicism.

Secondly, I'll ask you the same thing I asked Hazard (which he has yet to answer)

How do you know for sure what are the thoughts, or in the minds and the hearts of the people praying in those photos? Can you say that you are 100% sure they are worshiping a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the Pope?

also a lady "napping" on a statue of her......

Again, how do you know she was napping, were you there? Or is this just your juvenile attempt at sarcasm?

It reminded me of something I can never forget,see if you remember too?"December 8"....ring a bell? (or sound an alarm-lol?)

Wow..... For the life of me, I will never understand why so much disdain for the mother of our Lord. There will come a day when many will have to stand before our Lord and explain why they so dis-respected His mother, instead doing as Scripture says, and refure to her as Blessed. ----Lk.1:48

Peace

15 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I always realized the difference between praying in front of statues and praying to the person they represent.

Then I'll ask you the same thing I asked Hazard and Kwik. How do you know for sure what are the thoughts, or in the minds and the hearts of the people praying in those photos, or in front of statues? Can you say that you are 100% sure they are worshiping a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary or the Pope?

Peace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

BLESSINGS SAvedONe

I dunno,I suppose the obvious answer is because the enemy will do anything,feed any lie to people to distract them from Jesus,it is not flesh & blood that is our enemy,they are merely puppets carrying out the devils deeds......All distractions from the ONLY WAY to our Heavenly Father    I was only 5 yrs old when that happened for the first time,as a little one I was terrified of this statue & besides the "spirit of fear" they loosed upon us with  "do this or else!"   I was not a fearful kid,I was not brought up that way plus I KNEW MY JESUS!    I ran to mom & dad so fast if anyone tried to intimidate me or tell me something I knew was just not right...from very early on I knew there was something rotten in Denmark!!!!lol

Just the implication ....."OBLIGATION" paints a different picture other than LOVE,GRACE,FORGIVENESS,FREEDOM.....doesn't it?

Oh boy,I am sure glad to hear your Mom in Law was Saved,,,I didn't know that!                               Much love,Kwik