• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 11/15/2016 at 6:00 AM, Teditis said:

But again... don't the Baptists believe the same thing; Water Baptism and Communion are essential for Salvation? 

Northern Baptists don't believe this.  Conservative Baptists believe that baptism is a testimony to what God has already done in our lives.  It is publicly confessing Christ as well, and identifying with His body.  The term Baptist covers many different denomination with differing beliefs.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 11/14/2016 at 1:56 PM, other one said:

Christ is the only want to heaven......   that means he and only he makes that decision......   not us.

We have been told if we do certain things and mean them that we "will" go to heaven, but he still makes those decisions no matter what we do.

Amen, the only way!

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I'll ask you the same thing I just asked Yowm..... What does Scripture say that is the pillar and foundation of truth?

Peace

1 Timothy 3:15 (SBLGNT)

[15] ἐὰν δὲ βραδύνω, ἵνα εἰδῇς πῶς δεῖ ἐν οἴκῳ θεοῦ ἀναστρέφεσθαι, ἥτις ἐστὶν ἐκκλησία θεοῦ ζῶντος, στῦλος καὶ ἑδραίωμα τῆς ἀληθείας·
The Church by which Paul refers to Christ Rom 16:6, 1 Thes 2:14, Gal 1:22  The Living Word John 1 which aligns to the Pillar and foundation of the scripture in Isa 28:16... no one claiming works as right to enter into the heaven will do so! Love, Steven 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

10 minutes ago, Yowm said:

And which of the 7 local Churches in Revelation was the Roman Church?

excellent question~~~~

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1868

On 11/14/2016 at 3:19 PM, Teditis said:

So I say YES!! Catholics are Born-Again, Spirit-Filled Believers. Though they do "add" to the Gospel of Salvation... they obey it's basic tenants.

RCC doctrine says you cant go to heaven unless you are Baptized--- that is trusting in a work rather than Jesus-- so I say no-- Roman Catholic Doctrine is not Biblical Christianity

I am not saying that there are not Born Again Catholics but the "Church" doctrine is not Christian

Edited by woundeddog

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Hoodie said  "Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing."  

The problem is that they added the traditions of men and false doctrine like salvation by indulgences, and refused to go back to the foundation of Scripture.  Had the Roman church reformed herself of the false doctrine there would have been no need for a reformation.  Instead she went on to add 500 years more of false garbage.   Had you stuck to the things we can agree upon included on page one I would have had much more respect for the Roman church.   By the way, I thought the the Greek church split over "and the Son" in the creed, believing only the Father sent the Holy Spirit.  But I could be wrong.

WOW is this verse out of context: 1Ti 3:14  These things I write to you, though I hope to come to you shortly; 1Ti 3:15  but if I am delayed, I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1Ti 3:1  This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work.  1Ti 3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 1Ti 3:3  not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 1Ti 3:4  one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 1Ti 3:5  (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 1Ti 3:6  not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 1Ti 3:7  Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

1Ti 3:8  Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 1Ti 3:9  holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 1Ti 3:10  But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. 1Ti 3:11  Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 1Ti 3:12  Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 1Ti 3:13  For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

I don't see any married bishops in the Catholic church, which then must be in disobedience to Scripture and not be the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.:P   

The bible seems first to be gathered in the near east, and Turkey, then in the greco-roman world as well as Egypt.  Not all of the early church fathers were considered to be "Catholic" but they remained quite parochial at first.  Each church had scrolls or letters and Gospels which they considered to be sacred.  Some regarded the Pentuatech as the correct OT and some regarded the Hebrew texts which were used in the Synagogue at the time of Jesus.  Some left out the Book of Hebrews or 2,3 Peter, Jude, and 2,3,4 John and even the Revelation.  Some included the Didache, The Egyptian and Etheopian churches still include apocryphal new testament writings not accepted by the Roman, Greek, Russian or Asian churches.  But we are thankful that the Holy Spirit has preserved the Bible for us, especially the Byzantine text.  

Sometimes the Roman church seems to quite out of touch with the Person and work of the Holy Spirit, raising the pope, their church and Mary to near equal standing as mediators between us and God.  They continue to make gravens images which they bow down to and pray before.  This is quite distasteful to many of us.

Sticking with comments on page one, yes I believe there are true believers in the RC church.  I have had good fellowship with several. But when the false beliefs are then promulgated I have to throw a temper tantrum. There is a time to put one's foot down and say enough is enough.

Guest BacKaran

The bible has one interpretation but Many applications.

Using hermanuetics and expository preaching one can know what God says in the Bible.

I've found that since I left the rcc decades ago, I left confusion, doubt and unanswered questions.

Being born again, non denominational, I have more companionship with others bacs as we view Gods word in God's way, not mans.

I can't think of any conversations where any bac disagrees with another bac on the principles and wording in the Bible, but those pretending to be Christians have alot of division amongst them.

I placed a post on the use of hermanuetics, its helpful in showing man's error when he claims the bible isn't enough or it has contradictions.

God is not a God of confusion.

The rcc needs, along with other churches, to use hermanuetics and explain the bible line by line.

The rcc restricts itself to using a three year plan of sermons from the pope who hand pickes the scriptures, repeating it over and over again.

Again, the only sacraments Jesus applied were baptism, the last supper along with prayer and worship with other born again believers.

Rome has definitely added useless and unnecessary "sacraments" in Gods name.

That is it's error and that's why it's misleading millions from the one True God. Rome takes the focus off Jesus and put it's on man's sacraments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, Willa said:

Hoodie said  "Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing."

That's Hoddie (bricklayer) not "Hoodie".  And that's also fantasy promoted by Hoddie.  Ask John Wycliffe.

Guest Teditis
13 hours ago, woundeddog said:

RCC doctrine says you cant go to heaven unless you are Baptized--- that is trusting in a work rather than Jesus-- so I say no-- Roman Catholic Doctrine is not Biblical Christianity

I am not saying that there are not Born Again Catholics but the "Church" doctrine is not Christian

How does God work that out then in real life? How does He Save people in a non-Christian environment?

Guest Teditis
15 hours ago, Willa said:

Northern Baptists don't believe this.  Conservative Baptists believe that baptism is a testimony to what God has already done in our lives.  It is publicly confessing Christ as well, and identifying with His body.  The term Baptist covers many different denomination with differing beliefs.  

That's good to know Willa. I knew the there are different groups/denominations that use the name "Baptist" in their name, but I don't know what all the distinctions are between them.