• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, markdohle said:

Though I have been told I and all Catholics are going to hell....so I guess I am being judged by some, but not by you.

Underline: Nonbelievers condemn themselves by unbelief. Hi mark.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Guest BacKaran

Wow, thanks teditis, this is a first I've heard a rcc admit they, the rcc, add's to the gospel message...

Though they do "add" to the Gospel of Salvation... they obey it's basic tenants.

Yet the bible clearly tells the reader not to add or take away from the Word of God, isn't that a contradiction? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/16/2016 at 5:21 PM, markdohle said:

Jesus said in John 6:53

So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. 

Part of an article from a brother and author in Christ, Roger Oakland.
What is clearly being said in Scripture contextually concerning John 6:53. Emphasis mine:

"...Metaphors and Similes

Throughout the Bible, context determines meaning. Bible-believing Christians know to take the Bible literally, unless the context demands a figurative or symbolic interpretation. Before exploring Jesus’ words in John chapter 6 and elsewhere, let’s review a few examples of symbolism in the Scriptures. All scholars would agree that the following verses are metaphorical. An explanation follows each verse:

O taste and see that the LORD is good. (Psalm 34:8; Try to experience God’s promises to find if they are true.)

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14; For those who receive the gift of salvation, Christ’s Spirit shall dwell in their souls assuring them of everlasting life.)

Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll. (Ezekiel 3:1, 2; Receive into your heart, internalize, and obey God’s Word.)

And I could go on and on with one example after the next. At one point Jesus said, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up” (John 2:19). The Jews thought He spoke of the literal temple in Jerusalem, but if we keep reading, we find that Jesus was referring to His body (John 2:20-21). On another occasion, Jesus said, “I am the true vine” (John 15:1). Of course, we know that Jesus did not mean that He was a literal grape vine twisting around a post. When the Bible says God hides us under His wings (Psalm 91:4), we know that God is not a bird with feathers. God is the source of all life and our provider and protector, and these figures vividly illustrate this.

"...John Chapter 6: The Bread of Heaven

If we read the entire sixth chapter of John’s Gospel, we not only get the context, but also some startling insights into what Jesus meant when He said we must eat His flesh and drink His blood. John 6 begins with the account of Jesus feeding five thousand, followed by the account of Jesus walking on water. On the following day, people were seeking Jesus for the wrong reasons, which we understand from Jesus’ words in verses 26 and 27:

Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled. Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life.

These verses begin to frame the context of the verses that follow, specifically, that Jesus emphasized the need for them to seek eternal life. Jesus goes on to explain to them how to obtain eternal life. And in verse 28, when the people ask Jesus, “What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?” Jesus replies, “This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent” (vs. 29).

Here Jesus specifies only one work that pleases God, namely, belief in Jesus. Jesus reemphasizes this in verse 35 when he states: “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.”Notice the imperative is to “cometh to me” and “believeth on me.” Jesus repeats the thrust of His message in verse 40 where He states:

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus could not be clearer—by coming to Him and trusting in Him, we will receive eternal life. At this point in the narrative, the Jews complained about Him because He said: “I am the bread which came down from heaven” (vs. 41). Jesus responds to their murmuring when He states that He is indeed the “living bread” and that they must eat His flesh and drink His blood to obtain eternal life (vs. 42-58). However, let’s remember the context of this statement. First, Jesus contrasts Himself with the manna that rained down on their fathers and sustained them for their journey. But their fathers have since died. But Jesus now offers Himself as the living, heavenly bread, causing those who eat of Him to live forever.

Jesus is not the perishable manna that their descendants ate in the wilderness—He is the eternal bread of life that lives forever. Only by partaking in His everlasting life can we hope to live with Him forever. This contrast strengthens His main message, where Jesus says, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life” (vs. 47). Notice, Jesus said that as soon as we believe in Him we have—present tense—eternal life. It is not something we aim at or hope we might attain in the future, but rather, something we receive immediately upon accepting Him by faith.

When Jesus said these words, He was in the synagogue in Capernaum, and He had neither bread nor wine. Therefore Jesus was either commanding cannibalism, or He was speaking figuratively. If He was speaking literally, then He would be directly contradicting God the Father: “But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat”(Genesis 9:4). Therefore, because Jesus Himself said, “[T]he scripture cannot be broken”(John 10:35), He must be speaking metaphorically. And that is exactly how He explains His own words in the subsequent verses."
-Roger Oakland

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 4:24 AM, enoob57 said:

The doctrine of baptism is very simple: It is the, or should be,

It is the... or should be? In other words.... you are not sure?

first obedient act of public witness of an inward event of belief in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus The Lord.

Is this your personal opinion? If so, do you consider it absolute and without error? (i.e. Infallible)

We don't expect honesty from this sect of religious dogma which claims the Bible plus and Mary can forgive sins... it is blaphemous!

If you are refurring to the Catholic Church, please show in any official documention of the Catholic Church where it teaches the Bible plus Mary can forgive sins. I would suggest starting with the Catechism of the Catholic Church. If you cannot, would you be ready and willing to admit you were/are in error?

Quit looking to man and self and cry out to God to deliver you...

How can you be so sure that He (God) has not deliverd me?

You must be born again to have The Resident Truth Teacher and you alone are responsible for yourself that of verification that The Holy Spirit is there within by yeliding to the Scripture alone!

Thats interesting, being there are thousands of non-Catholic Christian sects in the world today with more new ones appearing every week. All use the same Bible, yet each interprets it differently, and consequently they end up teaching "another Gospel" (Gal. 1:8-9). And yet they all try to justify their existence, and thus their actions of further dividing the Body of Christ by claiming,"The Holy Spirit Told Me".

Common sense and reasoning by intelligent people quickly show that this mentality is not in line with the teaching of Jesus Christ, as He called for "One Fold with One Shepherd" (John 10:16). These divisions of the Body of Christ are in opposition to the teaching of Holy Scripture, so how could it ever be possible that the Holy Spirit is prompting those who cause them?     ("Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ, THAT YOU ALL SAY THE SAME THING; AND THAT THERE BE NO DISSENSIONS AMONG YOU, BUT THAT YOU MAY BE PERFECTLY UNITED IN ONE MIND AND IN ONE JUDGMENT." 1Cor. 1:10. See also 1Cor. 11:17-22.)

For those who claim that "The Holy Spirit told them", I must ask, "Are there thousands of Holy Spirits telling each division a different truth, or is there only one Spirit which speaks truth to the only Church which Jesus Christ founded and speaks lies to the rest?" Which option would answer the question? It is obvious that neither does, for Holy Scripture gives us the answer.----"We are of GOD. He who knows GOD listens to us; he who is not of GOD does not listen to us. BY THIS WE KNOW THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH AND THE SPIRIT OF ERROR."---1John 4:6

The Bible is very clear that those who cause these divisions are not from GOD, so therefore, the Holy Spirit could not possibly be prompting them. ----"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are of GOD; because many false prophets have gone forth into the world. By this is the spirit of GOD known: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh , is of GOD. AND EVERY SPIRIT THAT SEVERS JESUS, IS NOT OF GOD, BUT IS OF ANTICHRIST, of whom you have heard that He is coming, and now is already in the world."----1John 4:1-3

Satan will give you 99 truths if he can get you to swallow one lie.

Peace

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Scripture is 100% truth. What more do you need?

He needs the tradition of men and veneration of Mary, plus works, plus plus plus....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

How can you be so sure that He (God) has not deliverd me?

That fortunately is on your own head... but the teaching of CC is an abomination of Scritpure...

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Scripture is 100% truth. What more do you need?

Really?   Then please tell me what Scripture say's is the "the pillar and foundation of truth"?

Peace

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

He needs the tradition of men and veneration of Mary, plus works, plus plus plus....

I'll ask you the same thing I just asked Yowm..... What does Scripture say that is the pillar and foundation of truth?

Peace

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

That fortunately is on your own head... but the teaching of CC is an abomination of Scritpure...

Say's who....You?  If so, do you consider your opinion to be fallible or infallible?

Peace

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
(1Ti 3:15).  It is not saying that the church is the source of Truth but that the universal duty of the church is to support and defend the truth.

Thats right!! Both Scripture and you are supporting my arguement. You're both are saying.... The Church!! (singular) when Scripture say's "The Church", it's not talking of some invisiable Church. No....Jesus said his Church would be "the light of the world." He noted that "a city set on a mountain cannot be hidden" (Matt. 5:14). This means his Church is a visible organization. It must have characteristics that clearly identify it and that distinguish it from other churches.

Among all the Christian churches, only the Catholic Church has existed since the time of Jesus. Every other Christian church is an offshoot of the Catholic Church. (even yours) The Eastern Orthodox churches broke away from unity with the pope in 1054. The Protestant churches (plural) were established during the Reformation, which began in 1517. (Most of today’s Protestant churches are actually offshoots of the original Protestant offshoots.)

Only the Catholic Church existed in the tenth century, in the fifth century, and in the first century, faithfully teaching the doctrines given by Christ to the apostles, omitting nothing. The line of popes can be traced back, in unbroken succession, to Peter himself. This is unequaled by any other in history. You being a Protestant, who and when was your church established?   So thanks Yowm for supporting the teachings of the Catholic Church.  :)

Remember, the Jews had the Scriptures long before there ever was a RCC.

And you must remember, history shows it was the Catholic Church that compiled the Bible in the first place.

Peace