• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

To try make the case that if we currently add more CO2 in our atmosphere we will be ok because we are then back to the conditions of preflood, is not only irresponsible but alarming. Two different climate conditions, two different environmental systems with weather phenomenon that never existed in the first condition. 

We are responsible for this planet and we are ruining it with fossile fuels.

There is nothing wrong with being alarmed with global warming. God’s sovereignty does not excuse man to abuse the command to subdue our planet and to pollute it further causing an imbalance to it.

You guys claim that global warming is a hoax its all political.

Global warming, mini-ice age, climate change, its all a distraction.

Fossil fuels aren't ruining anything.  I do find it amusing how many people fly and drive all over to protest fossil fuels, pipelines, etc.  Doing their part I guess to burn up as many fossil fuels as possible. 

Pollution, yes, that is, and should, be dealt with.  No acid rain in the news anymore.  Only smog I read about is in China now, not the U.S.

We have a sin problem, which will soon be taken care of, long before substantial CO2 change or climate issues.  

My question for those who are worried about fossil fuels, is what are you doing for heat, transportation, and all the so-called necessities in life we buy now, that are manufactured, and transported using fossil fuels?  Anybody living off the land, with no heat, no camp fires (studies have shown harmful effects just from cooking food above firewood, in addition to the smoke inhalation)

What is it going to look like if 8 billion people all try to live off the land with no fossil fuels?  I've never heard a protesters answer to this, have they thought about it?  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Because hermeneutics is so important to discern to the point God has given us through written material to obey Him

2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV)

[15] Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. [16] But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. [17] And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, [18] who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. [19] Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

I certainly did not understand the importance language structure in English class till much later in life when I realized the most important activity of all is knowing God as God 'IS'!!!  So much of the error out in the world with multiple denoms is hermeneutical violations that could be avoided by just scholarship of proper hermeneutical application... It is a lot of work and that is why 'a worker' is stated in the above Scripture. God indicates to all that would, will, apply effort to know Him is a difficult path but with this promise

James 4:8 (NKJV)

[8] Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

and God cannot be mocked

Galatians 6:7 (NKJV)

[7] Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Do the work- understand what God has written down for us to follow and enter into the straight path that is hard an few that find... 
1.jpg

Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

22 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

Because hermeneutics is so important to discern to the point God has given us through written material to obey Him

Silly enoob, didn't you read the title of this thread?  What rabbit trail are you trying to lead us down with that post!

I know! Right... Alice :blink: 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,594
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

38 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

2 Timothy 2:15 (NKJV)

[15] Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. [16] But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. [17] And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, [18] who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. [19] Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

I certainly did not understand the importance language structure in English class till much later in life when I realized the most important activity of all is knowing God as God 'IS'!!!  So much of the error out in the world with multiple denoms is hermeneutical violations that could be avoided by just scholarship of proper hermeneutical application... It is a lot of work and that is why 'a worker' is stated in the above Scripture. God indicates to all that would, will, apply effort to know Him is a difficult path but with this promise

James 4:8 (NKJV)

[8] Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

and God cannot be mocked

Galatians 6:7 (NKJV)

[7] Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Do the work- understand what God has written down for us to follow and enter into the straight path that is hard an few that find... 
1.jpg

Love, Steven

Shalom, Steven.

Yes, getting back to the topic, thank you for these diagrams. I've often thought that I would LOVE a diagrammed Bible, in which EVERY English sentence of Scripture was so diagrammed. The problem is, however, that I would like to see such a thing for the original languages rather than English, too. We are still at the whim of the translator. Have you encountered such a work in any of the languages?

I still believe that you are on the right track, though! We NEED such things to better understand what the authors meant when they wrote what they wrote and to understand what the Author meant through the writings of those authors.

Regarding the usage of the NKJV, I find it ironic that ONE "improvement" that it made over the KJV was to lose the CASE and NUMBER of the second person!

13 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Steven.

Yes, getting back to the topic, thank you for these diagrams. I've often thought that I would LOVE a diagrammed Bible, in which EVERY English sentence of Scripture was so diagrammed. The problem is, however, that I would like to see such a thing for the original languages rather than English, too. We are still at the whim of the translator. Have you encountered such a work in any of the languages?

I still believe that you are on the right track, though! We NEED such things to better understand what the authors meant when they wrote what they wrote and to understand what the Author meant through the writings of those authors.

Regarding the usage of the NKJV, I find it ironic that ONE "improvement" that it made over the KJV was to lose the CASE and NUMBER of the second person!

The diagrams are not mine... but lost the credit to give to whom did them :( 

regarding the NKJV case and number -I would think that will not continue in the righteousness of the eternal state...

1 Corinthians 15:28 (NKJV)

[28] Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

in the unbounded perfection unity without concession to number seems the direction..... we are so embalmed in the death here it seems life is hard to see in the salvation :) then 

1 Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV)

[12] For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Love, Steven

35 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The diagrams are not mine... but lost the credit to give to whom did them :( 

regarding the NKJV case and number -I would think that will not continue in the righteousness of the eternal state...

1 Corinthians 15:28 (NKJV)

[28] Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

in the unbounded perfection unity without concession to number seems the direction..... we are so embalmed in the death here it seems life is hard to see in the salvation :) then 

1 Corinthians 13:12 (NKJV)

[12] For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Love, Steven

Shalom, Steven.

Umm.... I think you may have misunderstood my last sentence above. We were discussing English. In the English of 1611, the "thee's" and "thou's" had their place, but in the English of the late 20th Century adopted for the NKJV, they chose to drop the "thee's" and "thou's."

The chart is something like this:

SECOND PERSON

I. Singular
A. Subjective - "thou"
B. Objective - "thee"
C. Possessive
1. Pronoun - "thine"
2. Adjective - "thy"

II. Plural
A. Subjective - "ye"
B. Objective - "you"
C. Possessive
1. Pronoun - "yours"
2. Adjective - "your"

In modern English, we have reduced all this to just...

SECOND PERSON

I. Singular and Plural
A. Subjective and Objective - "you"
B. Possessive
1. Pronoun - "yours"
2. Adjective - "your"

Thus, we have lost the CASE (subjective and objective differences) and NUMBER (singular and plural differences) information in the second person.

That's all I was saying.

6 minutes ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Steven.

Umm.... I think you may have misunderstood my last sentence above. We were discussing English. In the English of 1611, the "thee's" and "thou's" had their place, but in the English of the late 20th Century adopted for the NKJV, they chose to drop the "thee's" and "thou's."

The chart is something like this:

In modern English, we have reduced all this to just...

Thus, we have lost the CASE (subjective and objective differences) and NUMBER (singular and plural differences) information in the second person.

That's all I was saying.

No I understood I was suggesting what we hold important here may not be of eternal importance :) such as case and number :thumbsup: 
read below where I said case and number- it is an appologetic of my understanding of importance of such ...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Openly Curious said:

I'll make this short because there's no cause to go into a lengthy explanation. And I don't want to raise your ire any more than is here.

Your remarks that I was referring to were personally directed at the member that posted the OP. And those remarks made it apparent you'd not realized the member you were confronting had merely shared an article someone else wrote. Which you apparently did not read or you would have noted the author credit at its end.

Further, and finally, your critique of Hermanuetics and how it relates in any wise to doctrine demonstrated you are unaware that the two are related.

I'd recommend you do not get mad at what you do not know. Rather, take the time and demonstrate the patience to learn what may enrich your journey with our Lord.

God bless.

Edited by whatdoIwant2callmyself

Shalom, Steven.

Okay, but just for the record, I don't believe in a static, "they lived happily ever after," existence in the Eternal State. I believe in a DYNAMIC eternal God; therefore, I believe in a DYNAMIC eternity!