Walter and Deborah

Sabbath Issue

21 hours ago, Riccardo said:

I like your articles Betha, but on Jesus rising on dusk on the first day of the week, I find no biblical support. Sunset Sabbath would be our Friday night.  Yes, Jesus is the one who created the Sabbath & Lord of the Sabbath, & to honour him because He rose on the first day is outside the bounds of the new covenant by 3 days when His blood was spilt & the covenant ratified. Therefore this theology has to have been added by man & is not biblical. Regardless of some or even if its in the majority of church fathers writings, when has the majority been right throughout the bible. 

God bless, keep up the good work.

sorry if I have not expressed myself clearly ! Yashua/Jesus did NOT rise at dusk  on the first day of the week...and scripture does not say that, nor did I.

Jesus rose BEFORE sunset on the sabbath (making it a sabbath-resurrection) because that He was also entombed/buried BEFORE sunset on the 'preparation (of a ANNUAL Holy day which was NOT a friday but a Wednesday) Lk 23v54...He was buried AS THE SABBATH DREW ON - had not yet started. so exactly 3 night(times) and 3 day(times) later He also ROSE BEFORE SUNSET. had Jesus risen after sunset ( on sunday morning) He would have been in the tomb LONGER than HE PREDICTED which would make Him a LIAR not to be trusted !!!(saying one thing but doing another).  When seen on sunday morning HE WAS ALREADY RISEN and out in the Garden....that is not the actual resurrection....HE had already been returned to LIFE BEFORE the women arrived much earlier at the tomb MK 16.

Sunset sabbath is at the end of saturday daytime, NOT at the end of friday.. 

to identify and know the TRUE Jesus(apart from a false imposter planted into unsuspecting chritianity by a false church (Roman Catholic) is absolutely crucial to our Covenant with Him and promised Salvation....because worshipping a false christ on sunday will lose us everything. There is only one true Jesus who can save. satan has gone all-out to deceive the whole world Rev 12v9, with false religions and GOD tells us 'to come out of it' or be destroyed along with it. That's how serious our situation is !!!

On 11/7/2018 at 6:39 AM, Betha said:

absolutely true. But what are gentiles/strangers from the covenant of promise and commonwealth of Israel to DO ?Eph 2v11......to turn to the LORD who can reconcile all men with the GOD of ISRAEL. They are NOT to remain gentiles or strangers....and as ONE FOLD all come under the same law....always have...always will....as they follow the TRUE Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today anf forever.

the sunday-resurrected christ is an imposter from Rome doing away with GOD's law/Commandments and leading MANY astray Mat 24.

the TRUE Jesus was resurrected at sunset sabbath as per HIS OWN prediction....Lord of the sabbath.

Have you ever heard of the 7th and 8th day?  This may be perhaps a circumcision of the Heart discussion that needs to be addressed. The 8th day after the 7 days of sukkot could be regarded as a circumcision of the flesh. Shemini Atzeret is apart of The High Holy days remembered by the House of the Lord. Where the parallels are found in the Torah and prophets are the promises of a circumcision of the Heart.

This may be difficult to understand for even the most studied believer.. But regardless of which day a person esteems, Blessings are the children's (sons and daughters bread given in portions upon the days.

Edited by pinacled

5 hours ago, Betha said:

sorry if I have not expressed myself clearly ! Yashua/Jesus did NOT rise at dusk  on the first day of the week...and scripture does not say that, nor did I.

Jesus rose BEFORE sunset on the sabbath (making it a sabbath-resurrection) because that He was also entombed/buried BEFORE sunset on the 'preparation (of a ANNUAL Holy day which was NOT a friday but a Wednesday) Lk 23v54...He was buried AS THE SABBATH DREW ON - had not yet started. so exactly 3 night(times) and 3 day(times) later He also ROSE BEFORE SUNSET. had Jesus risen after sunset ( on sunday morning) He would have been in the tomb LONGER than HE PREDICTED which would make Him a LIAR not to be trusted !!!(saying one thing but doing another).  When seen on sunday morning HE WAS ALREADY RISEN and out in the Garden....that is not the actual resurrection....HE had already been returned to LIFE BEFORE the women arrived much earlier at the tomb MK 16.

Sunset sabbath is at the end of saturday daytime, NOT at the end of friday.. 

to identify and know the TRUE Jesus(apart from a false imposter planted into unsuspecting chritianity by a false church (Roman Catholic) is absolutely crucial to our Covenant with Him and promised Salvation....because worshipping a false christ on sunday will lose us everything. There is only one true Jesus who can save. satan has gone all-out to deceive the whole world Rev 12v9, with false religions and GOD tells us 'to come out of it' or be destroyed along with it. That's how serious our situation is !!!

Hi Betha,

I enjoy our exchange some on this site I feel are aggressive & patronising id you are in disagreement. I'm still at a loss to see how Jesus was crucified on Wednesday.

1/ it was preparation day 2/ the ladies preparing his body stoped preparing His body (in there labor of love) because the sabbath drew near, Clearly here is a case for sabbath keeping alone, Jesus hadn't taught it was abolished to is closest loved ones. 3/ Now on the first day of the week (very early in the morning) the women came with spices to Finnish their burial preparation which they had to stop as the sabbath drew near.

I'll say no more on the subject unless I get clearer light,  I find those 3 points extremely  strong to go against.

God bless    

On 11/23/2016 at 5:49 AM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV 

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

@Betha

At GENESIS.1 & 2, circa 6000BC, God created the earth-system in 6 days, rested on the 7th day, sanctified the 7th day and deemed His Creation as good.

At EXODUS.20, circa 1500BC, God made the "resting on the 7th day" into Law as the Sabbath law for the Jews = they were required to rest from doing any work from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Hence, the beginning of the Jewish tradition of counting days in a week of 7 days which was later adopted by the Holy Roman Empire in the 4th century AD and thereafter by the rest of the civilized world. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Common sense would tell us that emergency relief work during natural disasters or seeking refuge during war could be done during the Sabbath-rest day which was what King David and Jesus Christ had done. Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Sabbath, and His apostles were everyday, including the Sabbath-rest day, doing the "emergency relief" work of preaching and saving people from the spiritual disaster of hell or eternal damnation. "There is an exception to every rule".

When the mostly lawless Gentiles were brought into the sheepfold of early Jewish Christians, God exempted the Gentile Christians from any of His laws/commandments which proved a burden to them, eg laws on circumcision and clean/kosher foods(ACTS.15:24-29 & 21:20-25). They were still required to keep laws/commandments which were not a burden, eg morality laws.

When the dominant European-West-Asian Roman Empire under Emperor Constantine became Christian in the 4th century AD, the early Christians adopted the Roman rest day of Sunday as their Sabbath-rest day. They also adopted the Roman calendar, ie they abandoned the Jewish Sabbath-rest day and Jewish calendar. Today, most of the world, except Muslim countries and Israel, have adopted the Roman rest-day on Sunday and the Roman calendar.

If Christians have to live in a Muslim country, then they should follow the local "Sabbath-rest day" which is Friday, ie rest on Friday instead of Sunday Church.

Today, some Christians have to do shift-work, eg police/fire officers, doctors and nurses, which schedules their one rest-day per week on any day of the week.

In short, it is good for Christians to keep the Sabbath-rest day law/commandment because it is healthy for the body which is the temple of God but it can be on any day of the week.(ROMANS.7:7 & 12) Usually, it is on Sunday Church. OTOH, the Christian work of saving souls from eternal hell can be done on any day of the week, including the Sabbath-rest day.

Edited by discipler777

3 hours ago, Riccardo said:

Hi Betha,

I enjoy our exchange some on this site I feel are aggressive & patronising id you are in disagreement. I'm still at a loss to see how Jesus was crucified on Wednesday.

1/ it was preparation day 2/ the ladies preparing his body stoped preparing His body (in there labor of love) because the sabbath drew near, Clearly here is a case for sabbath keeping alone, Jesus hadn't taught it was abolished to is closest loved ones. 3/ Now on the first day of the week (very early in the morning) the women came with spices to Finnish their burial preparation which they had to stop as the sabbath drew near.

I'll say no more on the subject unless I get clearer light,  I find those 3 points extremely  strong to go against.

God bless    

thank you for your patience and willingness to discuss ! this being a complicated subject it takes time Remembering that gentiles/christians have little or no practical experience/understanding of GOD's Holy days....this is not an accusation but fact. 

Let's try it this way for easier understanding. If Jesus rose before sunset on sabbath and we count 3 days and 3 nights back from then we get saturday daytime and saturday night time,  then we get the same again for friday part day part night, and again for thursday part day part night which brings us to the sun setting on wednesday which was the prep day for thursday it being a holy day  as it 'drew on' (also called a sabbath) Joh 19v31 (each ANNUAL Holy day (7 per year Also called sabbaths, has their own preparation day other than the weekly cycle).

so we have thursday a High day or sabbath beginning at sunset wednesday until sunset thursday on which the women could NOT do any work. yet they still had to obtain/buy spices in their raw state (leaves, twigs, petals/ flowers, roots) AND 'prepare them' suitable for 'anointing/rubbing in.'...so they did that on friday daytime. it's not a quick job but takes a lot of work as I KNOW, having worked in a HERBALIST making ointments. We had machinery to help with the grinding etc....and they did not, obviously taking much longer  Material also has to be carefully weighed, timed and measured at every stage. so they worked all day friday until sunset when they had to rest for the weekly sabbath as per commandment Lk 23v56.  NOTE...they had not started anointing Jesus any time before then because there was not time,  nor were they finishing it sunday morning.......they never did anoint him at all because when they got to the tomb with the prepared ointments JESUS WAS ALREADY RISEN Mk 16.

i am happy to explain in even more detail if you need but hopefully this might help.

7 hours ago, pinacled said:

Have you ever heard of the 7th and 8th day?  This may be perhaps a circumcision of the Heart discussion that needs to be addressed. The 8th day after the 7 days of sukkot could be regarded as a circumcision of the flesh. Shemini Atzeret is apart of The High Holy days remembered by the House of the Lord. Where the parallels are found in the Torah and prophets are the promises of a circumcision of the Heart.

This may be difficult to understand for even the most studied believer.. But regardless of which day a person esteems, Blessings are the children's (sons and daughters bread given in portions upon the days.

of course i have heard of what you mention here but maybe needs it's own thread.

3 hours ago, discipler777 said:

@Betha

At GENESIS.1 & 2, circa 6000BC, God created the earth-system in 6 days, rested on the 7th day, sanctified the 7th day and deemed His Creation as good.

At EXODUS.20, circa 1500BC, God made the "resting on the 7th day" into Law as the Sabbath law for the Jews = they were required to rest from doing any work from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Hence, the beginning of the Jewish tradition of counting days in a week of 7 days which was later adopted by the Holy Roman Empire in the 4th century AD and thereafter by the rest of the civilized world. ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabbat

Common sense would tell us that emergency relief work during natural disasters or seeking refuge during war could be done during the Sabbath-rest day which was what King David and Jesus Christ had done. Jesus Christ, the Lord of the Sabbath, and His apostles were everyday, including the Sabbath-rest day, doing the "emergency relief" work of preaching and saving people from the spiritual disaster of hell or eternal damnation. "There is an exception to every rule".

When the mostly lawless Gentiles were brought into the sheepfold of early Jewish Christians, God exempted the Gentile Christians from any of His laws/commandments which proved a burden to them, eg laws on circumcision and clean/kosher foods(ACTS.15:24-29 & 21:20-25). They were still required to keep laws/commandments which were not a burden, eg morality laws.

When the dominant European-West-Asian Roman Empire under Emperor Constantine became Christian in the 4th century AD, the early Christians adopted the Roman rest day of Sunday as their Sabbath-rest day. They also adopted the Roman calendar, ie they abandoned the Jewish Sabbath-rest day and Jewish calendar. Today, most of the world, except Muslim countries and Israel, have adopted the Roman rest-day on Sunday and the Roman calendar.

If Christians have to live in a Muslim country, then they should follow the local "Sabbath-rest day" which is Friday, ie rest on Friday instead of Sunday Church.

Today, some Christians have to do shift-work, eg police/fire officers, doctors and nurses, which schedules their one rest-day per week on any day of the week.

In short, it is good for Christians to keep the Sabbath-rest day law/commandment because it is healthy for the body which is the temple of God but it can be on any day of the week.(ROMANS.7:7 & 12) Usually, it is on Sunday Church. OTOH, the Christian work of saving souls from eternal hell can be done on any day of the week, including the Sabbath-rest day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:49 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV 

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Amen.

1 hour ago, Betha said:

sorry, missed text in above post...here it is

far too many people think we are still bound to OT Sabbath instructions when sabbath commandment is mentioned....that is not so .

Since Christ there has been a ''change''in the law but not all of it was abolished, only some that were fulfilled. Jesus told us he had not come to destroy the law....yet people today are hellbound to do just that when nailing the 10 Commandments to the cross. they are determined to do something Jesus did not do nor give MAN licence to do.....no wonder He calls them LAWLESS.

In the NT we can do many works on the SABBATH that could not be done in the OT....so we have no excuse not to observe it.   

Edited by Betha

Keep in mind that before Jesus came no one had the Holy Spirit within them the way we do now.....    we do not need the Sabbath to remember and take a day off just to be with the Lord.....  we have him all the time and we rest in his work not ours...…     but to have the Holy Spirit we have to follow the laws he gave us in the NT, but if we don't have the Holy Spirit we will be condemned by the old law....   The old law didn't change, it was just made none effect to those who accept Jesus and follow him.

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1