• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

2 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

Two ways. The Liberal way and the Conservative way.

I don't know. Pages have been spent discussing the word "hate" and whether or not God has this emotion.

Now I'm being accused of man-blaming.

Very little has actually been said about divorce in the context of spousal abuse and what the Scriptures are saying.

Guest shiloh357

I think a failure to understand Jesus' remarks about divorce the light of rabbinic excess at the time, as really done a lot of damage and forced women to stay in abusive marriages that they should gotten out of. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

13 minutes ago, nebula said:

I don't know. Pages have been spent discussing the word "hate" and whether or not God has this emotion.

Now I'm being accused of man-blaming.

Very little has actually been said about divorce in the context of spousal abuse and what the Scriptures are saying.

People see through the filters of their own making.  What those who accuse people of doing need to understand that they put on these filters long before they ever met y or me. They need to leave them at the door and approach issues without the baggage they carried with them. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

9 hours ago, StanJ said:

I would say God feels about these sins....
the same way he feels about ANY sin....

that it is not acceptable....

:sherlock:

Death

For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. For he “has put everything under his feet.”  1 Corinthians 15:25-27 (New Living Translation)

Is Destroyed

but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 2 Timothy 1:10 (New International Version)

And As For God's Feelings

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 (English Standard Version)

God Be True

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 (Berean Study Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Guest Teditis

We all have "filters" that we bring into every aspect of our life... that's just a simple fact.

The trick is to learn how to work with them... especially in conversations with others.

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

says the pot to the kettle?

And by this you assume that I don't think I'm included in the term people.  To date I have openly apologized for my behavior here which should have given you an indication that I am. Where have I given you any indication that i am in any way pointing my fingers away from myself or that your post here would be any way constructive to the point I was making. I add my own experience in onto thing when I try to understand human nature because I am human.

8 minutes ago, Teditis said:

We all have "filters" that we bring into every aspect of our life... that's just a simple fact.

The trick is to learn how to work with them... especially in conversations with others.

Agreed. What makes our use of them effective is using those experiences in a constructive fashion.  My mother once told me and what Davida seems to be alluding to is when you point your finger at someone you have3 fingers and a thumb pointing back at you and this, we should all keep riveted in our heads when speaking about others.

Guest Teditis

I've always liked that little adage about pointing fingers and having 3 pointing back at yourself. I try to remember it

when conversations get heated or whatever. It's lost on many though... anger and having been hurt in the past themselves

keeps them blind to the truth of it.

Anyway, yeah... we need to be constructive in all of our interactions. Keeping in mind that our conversations should have a goal

even if it's just a short-term goal like keeping the peace with whomever we're dialoguing with. And the same goes true for the OP,

in marriages we need to be constructive with our partners and to ourselves. Unions should be fought for to keep in place and compromises

need to take place. Removing "filters" is a must. Still, there are times when all avenues have been tried and not worked to bridge the gaps

and divorce is the last remaining path to take.

25 minutes ago, Davida said:

good example of over reaction.  

Attempts at diminishing someone is incompatible to a constructive environment. Do you have anything to say about the post I made I will listen because I value your input there. If it is all about your feelings towards me then they are your feelings and your issue. If you wish to discuss those, then I suggest you PM me and keep the Ad Hominem's to a minimum. Continuing this on the open board will be reported.

Edited by Churchmouse

3 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I've always liked that little adage about pointing fingers and having 3 pointing back at yourself. I try to remember it

when conversations get heated or whatever. It's lost on many though... anger and having been hurt in the past themselves

keeps them blind to the truth of it.

Anyway, yeah... we need to be constructive in all of our interactions. Keeping in mind that our conversations should have a goal

even if it's just a short-term goal like keeping the peace with whomever we're dialoguing with. And the same goes true for the OP,

in marriages we need to be constructive with our partners and to ourselves. Unions should be fought for to keep in place and compromises

need to take place. Removing "filters" is a must. Still, there are times when all avenues have been tried and not worked to bridge the gaps

and divorce is the last remaining path to take.

The one thing about divorce is that it has already in a persons mind before the paperwork is signed. It's an abdication of more than a couples duties to each other. It's an abdication of Gods purpose, which leads me to believe that what was there to tare a marriage apart was there before the marriage was consummated.  It's the same thing as the parables of he who builds his house on the sand as opposed to he who builds his house on a rock.

I think that divorce is the result of not taking marriage seriously and the vows, thereof.