• Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 minute ago, whatdoIwant2callmyself said:

:laugh:

Years ago I watched a documentary on the making of the Indiana Jones movie pictured in that poster. They said that particular scene occurred because actor Harrison Ford wasn't going to go through the process of learning a long complicated sword fight stunt.

I think it was one of the funniest parts of the film.

apparently, he was sick and wasnt feelin it. was improv at its finest!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Not being prepared to defend one's self is like not having a fire extinguisher in ones boat, having no insurance on our home or car, not locking our doors or windows at night or when away, saying;

"God will look after me."

Here's why one needs to defend ones self. This man is lucky to be alive. Australians are not allowed to own a firearm purely for self defence? Our courts are too lenient and let criminals out to offend again and again.

Man accused of bashing a 93 year old Geelong man insists he’s not dangerous.

AND HE GETS BAIL.

A 19-year-old man charged over allegedly bashing an elderly Geelong man in a terrifying home invasion insists he “wouldn’t hurt anyone”.
Kyle Elston was today a free man after a magistrate yesterday granted him bail over the alleged beating 93-year-old Wally Janeczko in August.
Some of Mr Janeckzko’s credit cards and cash were also allegedly stolen in the home invasion.
“I’m not a dangerous person,” Mr Elston told 9NEWS.
“I’m not a bad person, I don’t do bad things, I wouldn’t hurt anyone.”
Mr Janeczko was sitting his lounge room when an armed intruder allegedly burst into his Chaucer Street home, bashing him for around 15 minutes.
His pants were allegedly slashed with a knife as the intruder made off with the contents of his pocket, including $350 in cash.
Mr Elston spent three months in custody and was yesterday released from Port Phillip Prison.
The magistrate acknowledged a plan was in place to address the accused’s drug addiction issues, which Mr Elston’s sister Charmaine said started after he was given a “go at the crack pipe one night”.
“That’s how he got introduced into ice,” she said.
Ms Elston coaxed her brother into an apology on camera, with Mr Elston addressing Mr Janeczko directly.
“I’m sorry mate for what happened but I didn’t do it to you,” Mr Elston said.
Mr Elston will return to court in January.

Z 605.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

Not being prepared to defend one's self is like not having a fire extinguisher in ones boat, having no insurance on our home or car, not locking our doors or windows at night or when away, saying;

"God will look after me."

Hi Hazard!  I seldom lock my doors, though I probably should start getting in the habit.  I don't sit on the corner waiting for God to feed me, yet that does not change the fact that God will, indeed, look out for me without my needing to be prepared to harm another person.  Some christians eat pork, some don't.  

1 hour ago, hmbld said:

Hi Hazard!  I seldom lock my doors, though I probably should start getting in the habit.  I don't sit on the corner waiting for God to feed me, yet that does not change the fact that God will, indeed, look out for me without my needing to be prepared to harm another person.  Some christians eat pork, some don't.  

I hope God does look after you.

Do you drive a car and if so, do you have insurance? Is your home insured? I have had home insurance for over 50 years, never needed it but I have it just in case.

If a drug crazed criminal smashed in your front door, invaded your home and threatened to kill you and your family, and you  had a firearm, what you do?

Would you shoot him to save your family, or would you allow him to kill you and your family and be answerable to God.

Why did Jesus tell His disciples to sell their garment and buy a sword? A Roman sword was regarded as being the top weapon of the da.

Luke 22:36, Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Jesus never said, "Don't worry, I who raise the dead and heal the sick and make the blind see, will be with you and protect you from robbers and murderers."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Interesting topic, and one in which we all  have an  "opinion" I suppose. And stories to share.

I have one too. Didn't have to use a weapon per se, just an enticement in order to diffuse an attack situation.

Among  "my"  mentally  disabled group that I drove to church was a monstrously huge young man, one that could not restrain his appetite for  sodas. and one that had a bit of a temper.  He was  one big and tall  man. I had orders never provide him soda.

Okay, with that;  A lady  hollered out  "stop him stop him he is going to kill uncle", and pointed to the church Sunday school room  containing "my " group.

I ran in to see her uncle, my friend an 84 year old man of about 115 pounds and standing all of 5 foot 4 kind of "skating" with his hands behind his back in front of this  huge man. He was blocking this man from  getting to another  disabled person. The sight was  profoundly comical looking even as it was extremely dangerous. I raced into the scene with all of my own  short stature, bear hugged my  mentally disabled monstrous man of some violent tendencies, and said, as I grappled him while realizing I can't even come close to bringing my arms completely around his girth. "Hi! Lets go get a giant soda together, lets get in the church van and visit your care house and have a soda there!"

With that  his anger melted, and  I drove him home got the soda and shared it with him.

My weapon of choice was a promise of a soda- and where did that brilliant strategy come from? Haven't a clue. I am just happy he didn't kill any of us, and instead bought into the idea of having a soda.

Perhaps God continues to use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise? Anyway that is my silly tale of  assaults at church.

On the subject of; is a pastor Godly in his behavior if he carries a weapon? Sure he is.

Should he carry one? Depends on his personal situation and how he is led by the Holy Spirit  after prayer and Bible study on the issue along with practical application of the law, civil and criminal law of the place he is situated.

I wouldn't find him more or less faith filled in either conclusion that he might reach. For I know the depths of study and prayer that my pastor does in all matters that he is called to weigh. I would presume no less of any  serious pastor of some experience and standing in  his local body  of Christ.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You bring up a good point neighbor and that is wisdom. Many people assume that if a person carries a gun that's their first line of defense, and in some cases with some people that is true. However, with most weapon owners, me included the firearm is the absolute last line of defense, we would all rather stop a violent confrontation with the promise of a soda. Like I said I carry on a regular basis, everywhere I'm legal to. However, I have never had to draw my weapon for anything more then target shooting or hunting.

Guest shiloh357
12 hours ago, hmbld said:

That's not faith; it's presumption.  It's like expecting God to keep you in good health while you live on a steady diet of of Doritos, Mountain Dew, jelly donuts and Big Macs.   God expects us to live responsibly.  It's why we have health insurance, property and casualty insurance, flood insurance, God doesn't always protect us from adversity and so we prepare for calamity.  Christian houses catch on fire just as easily as non-Christian homes.  Danger and disaster come to us all and our faith in God doesn't make us immune from those things.

I am not married, but I cannot imagine having a wife and kids and not being willing to fight to the death to protect them if it came down to that.    The Bible  puts a rather high premium on the wisdom of preparation. Faith isn't  a matter of thinking that I don't have to prepare for danger 'cause I believe that God will save me out of it.  Rather, I prepare and I have faith that God will bless those efforts to be ready.

I pray that I never have to draw my weapon on anyone.  I hope it never comes to down that.  It's the last thing I'd ever want to do; but if an attacker left me with no non-lethal options available to protect my family, he is responsible for what happens next. He called down the thunder.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Morning Good people,

Please forgive this extra add on- I just thought of what I consider to be the very worst advice ever. That of our well meaning, but sometimes unthinking Vice President Joe Biden. He stated he had told his wife  that if someone broke into their home while he  was away  she should take the shotgun, go onto the balcony, fire both barrels into the air to scare off the intruders and wait there for the neighbors to call the police.

After I got through laughing  the first time I heard him stating that , I got to wondering, does he not love his wife very much? He just told her to go trap herself on a balcony  and announce where she is by  firing a weapon to empty, which will leave her trapped, unarmed, and will have ticked off  some of the neighbors as they take hits from falling shot. -Couldn't have planned a poorer strategy if one tried.

May God protect her from ever having to remember that advice under stress. I love the counter advice to that from Jeff Quinn, never rack a weapon as it gives away your position, always have fully loaded weapon  with  one in the chamber too. For without that you are giving up one round one you might need in a gunfight.

I have been unfortunate enough to face the wrong end of a small arm twice in my life. Once by a law enforcement officer who had mistaken me for  a burglar at the place I worked. He was literally shaking in his boots. I thought I was  about to be dead. And, once  by a man gone violent against one of his family, when I walked into the room unknowing only to find a 1911 model 45 pointing at me from about five feet away. I was very fortunate in both situations. I mention them  as examples that  even in the best of plans things go wrong, and that  when the energy levels get high and excited all "plans" tend to go astray.

As result, for myself, though I  do have some training and have a Conceal Carry Permit, I don't carry. Some days I do reconsider that decision, for it is getting kinda strange out there, and stranger all the time. So I do feel need to be somewhat ready for having to upgrade my own  means of defense.

Reminds me of the caution - Never start a fight with an old person, cause if they can't beat you they will just kill you.- Doesn't seem to be  especially or uniquely Biblical advice, but it seems to be coming to that- better not to engage in fights of any kind as, one never knows how deranged, demon possessed, or just plain self generated mean a person is today.

All that and I still would rather say; "Hi pilgrim", and raise a hand in a friendly wave than check my pocket  for  a holstered weapon. Praise God, so far it has worked out well. I even say, "Hi pilgrim" and wave to my pastor's armed body guard :D

Edited by Neighbor