IGNORED

Can a good christian also be a politician?

opportunitykenny

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

With what I have seen and experienced so far in the politics of at least my country, I can say that a good christian cannot set out to be a politician. If he is godly before he comes in, he will be corrupted by the system that operates there. And then becomes like them.

So if a good christian also be a politician, HOW and WHERE?

How is this possible? Where has it been done before?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  962
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,716
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Perhaps a politician may become a Christian, but a Christian may not become a politician. A bit synical I suppose, for sure a Christian may be led by God into politics.

We if given the talent and the encouragement via the Holy Spirit to become politicians, or are forced into it by circumstance, can be politicians of authority over many. Like Daniel we may even obtain a degree of authority within a government.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I would say very definitely "yes" and if more Christians would step up, our country would be in a good deal better shape. It is difficult for a christian to get in for 3, reasons, one the lack of morality in our country right now, and the false belief by many Christians that you can't be a politician and a christian at the same time, and finally many Christians belief that Christians should not get involved in politics. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I think it is possible to be a Politician and be a born again Christian.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105

"Good Christian" , would be subjective of course. For some a good Christian is someone who knows a woman should stay home,not work, etc... For others, a good Christian is someone who is staunchly right wing. 

You get my drift? 
I think we have a number of Christians currently in politics. In fact we elected a Presbyterian just this past November. Would he judge himself to fit the category of good Christian? I don't know the man so I can't answer that. However, I did read commentaries about him during the campaign and when he said he's not asked God's forgiveness. And the debate that raised up in Christian circles surrounding that disclosure as to whether or not he qualified to even be a Christian. 

There are many Christians in politics. I think if someone is personally considering a run for a public office they have to decide for themselves if they can be a good politician and a Christian. And then pray and go from there. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Lotus said:

"Good Christian" , would be subjective of course. For some a good Christian is someone who knows a woman should stay home,not work, etc... For others, a good Christian is someone who is staunchly right wing. 

You get my drift? 
I think we have a number of Christians currently in politics. In fact we elected a Presbyterian just this past November. Would he judge himself to fit the category of good Christian? I don't know the man so I can't answer that. However, I did read commentaries about him during the campaign and when he said he's not asked God's forgiveness. And the debate that raised up in Christian circles surrounding that disclosure as to whether or not he qualified to even be a Christian. 

There are many Christians in politics. I think if someone is personally considering a run for a public office they have to decide for themselves if they can be a good politician and a Christian. And then pray and go from there. 

No a born again Christian has a daily true relationship with Jesus Christ and their life has been changed.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No a born again Christian has a daily true relationship with Jesus Christ and their life has been changed.

I think you meant that for someone else? It has no relation to a response to my post that you quoted otherwise. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I don't see why not. Just because there are corrupt politicians doesn't mean a Christian can't go into the field. I have no problem with it and unless someone can convince me from scripture why it would be wrong then we are just discussing opinion.

55 minutes ago, Blue Lotus said:

I think you meant that for someone else? It has no relation to a response to my post that you quoted otherwise. 

No, I meant it just like I wrote it.

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, I meant it just like I wrote it.

OK