IGNORED

The Torah tells us Jesus is not the Messiah it prophesies?

soonsister

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  647
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

I'm a member of a bible study group that I joined last month. Someone in the group received an email that concerned them and I must admit in reading it, this three year baby Christian was heart broken.
Can anyone help explain how the Torah's description of the Messiah that does not match the history of Jesus still allows for Jesus to be Messiah?

The Jews & the Messiah
http://www.northforest.org/BibleTopics/JewsMessiah.html

I hope that's allowed to post so you can understand the article that broke my heart. And caused me to seek a forum that would be able to help me. Thank you for any and all assistance and sincere replies.

Edited by soonsister

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

That site if it says what you think it says is like a poison needle - avoid it.

The TORAH and all SCRIPTURE all directs us to Y'SHUA MESSIAH. Perfectly.   No conflict.  No alternative.  No one else.

Read the TRUTH, DAILY,  and see what is really YHWH'S WORD, asking (praying) all the time for YHWH'S REVELATION of TRUTH

in Y'SHUA as HE SAYS in the NEW TESTAMENT:   "Then opened HE*(Y'SHUA) their(all the disciples, gradually; here specifically, each in their time as YHWH was pleased to do) understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,"

and likewise "HE showed them through all the TORAH and PROPHETS " concerning Y'SHUA MESSIAH.

Did you take a look and read that article?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/2003

It is my belief that the rabbis then and possibly still today only followed the first five books of the Bible so wouldn't have read Zech or Isaiah and other prophecies that Christ fulfilled at his birth and resurrection. They believed that the Messiah would do all these things at once. Jesus was and is the Messiah but some of the things they are looking for are still to happen. This gives me something to study in more debth so thank you for the post.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Hi soonsister Welcome to Worthy

I think we should all have a Jewish Christian teacher to listen to...The one i like is Dr Walter Bramson...He has audio files online free that explain Jesus in the old Testament from the Jewish perspective, absolutely fascinating!...

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

22 minutes ago, soonsister said:

Did you take a look and read that article?

Jews have been claiming that Jesus is not the Messiah ever since He walked this earth. SO WHAT?

Are you aware that there are thousands of Messianic Jews who have received Christ as Lord and Savior?  As mentioned already, just ignore all that nonsense and focus on Scripture. Here's a quote from that article:

"Modern-day Jews reject the Christian claim that Jesus was the Messiah, claiming that Jesus didn't match the profile of the Messiah."

They wanted a Messiah who would be a conquering King, not a suffering Savior.  So what? God has given us the truth about Jesus of Nazareth, and Jews can either believe it or disbelieve it.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36).

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

48 minutes ago, soonsister said:

I'm a member of a bible study group that I joined last month. Someone in the group received an email that concerned them and I must admit in reading it, this three year baby Christian was heart broken.
Can anyone help explain how the Torah's description of the Messiah that does not match the history of Jesus still allows for Jesus to be Messiah?

The Jews & the Messiah
http://www.northforest.org/BibleTopics/JewsMessiah.html

I hope that's allowed to post so you can understand the article that broke my heart. And caused me to seek a forum that would be able to help me. Thank you for any and all assistance and sincere replies.

Soonsister, Thankyou for stepping up and posting this. Whether we are close to the end times or this is a phenomenon of the explosion of the Internet, I do not know, but christian Anti-Missionaries are on the rise exponentially! Jews, Muslims and Atheists now have all Christian information for the last 2000 years at their fingertips in the comfort of their own living room. Needless to say this provides them with the ammunition they previously lacked to launch a full scale assault.

The good and bad of it is Christianity has built some doctrines on shifting sand that need torn down and has skeletons in her closet that need expelling. A good doctrinal attack by outsiders can only cleanse and strengthen the Christian, however such things can be exhausting and painful.

I read the article, starting skimming as I recognized the same ole stuff. Most of the confusion comes from the differing doctrines between Jews and Chrstians, Jews expecting one advent of Messiah where all is accomplished and Christians expecting two advents of Messiah with different things accomplished in the two advents. No big deal, when Messiah comes we'll all know! Yes, there are places where Christians are over zealous to make Messanic connections and places where Jews are over zealous to apply another meaning. It's all very subjective depending on your perspective.

However, if you're looking for advice, I'd say steer clear of this for now. First study and know the Words of Jesus forwards and backwards in the light of Jewish 1st century culture and Torah. Study the Old Testament knowing what Jesus taught from it and what he fulfilled and then you'll be ready to tackle articles like you posted. Even then it is not easy. I'm a believer in Yeshua who attends synagogue rather than Church, and I know how quickly one can get blind sided and lose thir balance. You may be able to hold your ground with Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses, but don't underestimate a Jew who has studied both Testaments and knows history,  they are your most formidable opponent and will crush you into a dizzing stupor unless you've studied yourself and even then its a possibility.

However if your interested in the Jewish perspective you might want to start with buying a "The Complete Jewish Bible", translated by David Stern and the companion "Jewish New Testment Commentary" 

Shalom

Snow, I'm really looking forward to finding the information you mention that's available from Dr Walter Bramson.

A I agree with you Sing about Jewish teachers.

When I came into the fold I didn't even consider the Jewish perspective because they'd rejected Jesus. Saying that I didn't look into why they did so. That I think is why that article was so concerning. Because it gave insight into why.

Thank you all for enlightening perspectives on this. I'll look for the information mentioned concerning David Stern's work. Thank you for that Zach.

I didn't consider the timeline of things either. That all the prophecies aren't to happen at the same time but over periods of years. Then and now.
The way that article reads it was all to happen back when . And when it didn't that's further evidence that Jesus was not Messiah.

I do agree Zach that it may be wiser to study more before taking all that in. When it was brought to my attention I devoured it and it scared me to death by the time I was done.
I was so afraid I'd been a fool. Or that we're all being led toward a fable.

One question I do have? The Messiah line coming from the line of David?
Don't Jews count their lineage through the mother? How do we know Mary was of the line of David when there isn't anything in the new testament that details her familial history as exactly as we read in the old testament patriarchs scriptures? The , begat's that are there in the old testament.

When Joseph wasn't Jesus mother we can't count his line as Jesus heritage. Where then does David come in?

Thank you all again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,675
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

10 minutes ago, soonsister said:

Snow, I'm really looking forward to finding the information you mention that's available from Dr Walter Bramson.

Hi soonsister

Make haste! I am excited for you! Your spirit is hungry and there are so many exciting teachings...

Be Blessed

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

23 minutes ago, soonsister said:

One question I do have? The Messiah line coming from the line of David?
Don't Jews count their lineage through the mother?

Jews count their "Jewishness" (if they are Jewish or not) through their mother. Tribal affiliation is counted through the father.