• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I love the New King James, but only recently, have I actually begun to study it.

Before that, my favorite Version was the NIV.

But I do have the KJV, The Living Bible, The Good News Bible, and the Amplified, and I read them from time to time as well! :(

Yomo

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  01/20/1959

I mainly use NIV, KJV, and NLT in that order. I also have AMP, Message, and ASV. I use Olive Tree Bible Reader and BibleThumper to access these on my Sony Clie. Wonderful study tool!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

I use NKJV and Amplified version.

Cheers! :(

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

May I just take a moment to thank all of you for keeping this the most civil and loving 'Bible version' thread I have ever had the pleasure to read? :rolleyes:

This is the way it's supposed to be!

May the Lord help us to continue in such a way where only love, honor, and respect is lifted to Him!

t.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

KJV all the way, although, I did recently get a new Study Bible which is (gasp oh no oh my)  New JKV.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heathen :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest gypsyrn

I read the KJV study bible, though it can be difficult for some to fully understand the study version has definitions, references, explanations and MORE. Plus in comparing the NIV and KJV there are discrepancies between the two. For your own personal preference I recommend you get more than one version and by reading them decide what feels right yourself.

Guest RevBillyBob

Shane,

This topic cannot and should not be discussed to the exclusion of the KJV. I would like to make an easily verifiable point, namely that about the time that the English language developed into the form we recognize today, God gave the KJV of the Bible to the English speaking world through King James I of England's directive. The manuscripts that were used for the Authorized Version were hand written copies that had been checked many times for accuracy to the original. I would also like to point out that God said "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly." (Rev 22:18-20).

An easily verifiable point that needs to be made about the new versions, is that the MESSAGE IS DIFFERENT because all these new "versions" come from a new manuscript which was contrived by two anglican priests in England, with its completion in 1881. These priests were named Brooks Foss Westcott and Fenton John Anthony Hort. It is fully documented that these men took it upon themselves to bring a NEW greek manuscript to the world, and these men also kept company with Madam Blavatsky, the founder of the Theosophical Society which she founded for the purpose of worshipping Satan. These men were members and sometimes founders of some very ungodly clubs such as the Hermas Club, Ghostly Guild, Society for Psychical Research, Eranus, Synthetic Society. It is no wonder that the message of the versions taken from this manuscript are different and therefore corrupt. God said not to add to or take away from His word. As an example the NIV omits over 64,000 words, most of which are vitally important to the context/understanding. At the time the first of the new versions came out, concurrently with the completion of Westcott and Hort's manuscript, revival had swept the U.S. and much of the world through the use of the KJV. By comparison, in 1973 when the first really modern (to us) version (NIV) hit the market, abortion was legalized in the U.S. and the homosexual movement started to stir. Since the KJV has slipped from contemporary society, our society has been rolling downhill very quickly.

This message is getting long and the evidence not stated is voluminous. You can access that information at www.avpublications.com There you can order a book called New Age Bible Versions, with over 700 pages of fully documented evidence to show that the new versions are not the Holy Bible, but are Holey Bibles.

At http://www.biblechurchonline.com/bible.html you can check any new version against verses of the KJV and see differences in the message.

It was this evidence that convinced me, a former user of the New American Standard that I was wrong. My spiritual growth has accelerated significantly since I switched to the KJV, because of solid evidence. 2 Timothy 3:16 tells us that the word of God intends to reprove us and to correct us.

Let me close with a question: If the King James Bible is God's word, how can any other text that delivers a different message also be the word of the One, True, Living, Infallible, Holy God?

If the new versions are God's word, which one is? They are all different. If a new version is God's word, why did He withhold His word from the generations that preceded Westcott and Hort?

Please understand that I am not trying to start a fight or controversy, but I am standing with the evidence from God's word & historical fact, warning those who may have been deceived by these new versions that Satan is at work and trying to nullify the Word of God, as he has from the beginning. "My son, fear thou the Lord and the king: [and] meddle not with them that are given to change: For their calamity shall rise suddenly: and who knoweth the ruin of them both?" (Prov 24:21-11)

To be deceived is to think that you have the right answer, when you don't. Satan is a master of deception and has deceived many, including me. I had to "Humble (myself) under the mighty hand of God..." because I was deceived.

Please understand that I took the time to post this because it is a ministry that I have before the Lord Jesus Christ. As His servant, I must state that the version we use is optional (free will), yet we will be judged for the deeds done in the body, whether they be good or evil, therefore, is it not true that we should listen carefully to see who is speaking and BE SURE that we are obeying the Word of God and not of Satan? Remember, scripture teaches that Satan can appear as an angel of light.

God bless you,

Bob Carpenter

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/05/1967

NASB is my favorite. I also mark it up and highlight. :emot-prettywink:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I use the Modern King James Version (not to be confused with the NKJV). I also use the NASB and KJV as comparison. When Im in the mood, I use the Geneva bible and the original 1611 olde english KJV. I love reading the olde english with its unique spellings.

Sorry Rev, but I disagree that the other versions are not of God. Homosexuality etc did not come about because of bad bible versions. That evil happened because mankind is degenerate by nature. Many of these problems you point out were in vogue long before 1973. We are approaching the end times when evil will run rampant. It is to be expected that homosexuality and the like will increase. I dont like it, but there isnt much I can do about it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

RcV. (see below)