• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom y'all,

I am the member formerly known as "yod" and I left here many years ago. Some of you remember me, most don't...but I'm the reason there is a "controversial topics" area. 

In August of 2008, after watching Obama swept Hillary away like a horsefly during his first primaries, I said that he was an enemy of the State, going to be the worst President of all time, and that we may not survive as a nation. I also predicted that he would not leave office without violence, and said I would publicly apologize if I was wrong. 

So here it is.....I was wrong about that.

Then I had to leave because I was very upset about how (supposed) Christians were covering for his blatant lies, or at the very least, confusing every issue by repeating the talking points of the DNC without critical analysis. 

It's one thing if someone is naive or ignorant, but it's another when they are intentionally deceptive; and I found out that directly confronting that deception violated the TOS here. I'm sorry, but I simply can't be "moderate" in the face of lies and intellectual dishonesty. It's already got me kicked off a thread here again. 

So I'm just here to fulfill my vow of admitting I was wrong about one particular aspect of our (thank God!) FORMER President. 

I'm hanging out for as long as (you and) I can take it. Being nice to someone whom I know is intentionally lying just isn't in my character. My paternal instinct will not allow me to act like intentional deception isn't a VERY big deal.

At the same time, I understand that the purpose of this board is not for ascertaining political truth, and that there are quite a lot of "newbies" to faith who visit, and may be turned away by any appearance of confrontation....so I voluntarily left in 2011 (I think?) and it's likely I will leave again soon, now that my vow is fulfilled. 

Just wanted to keep my promise. 

Edited by heyvavhey

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 minutes ago, heyvavhey said:

Shalom y'all,

I am the member formerly known as "yod" and I left here many years ago. Some of you remember me, most don't...but I'm the reason there is a "controversial topics" area. 

In August of 2008, after watching Obama swept Hillary away like a horsefly during his first primaries, I said that he was an enemy of the State, going to be the worst President of all time, and that we may not survive as a nation. I also predicted that he would not leave office without violence, and said I would publicly apologize if I was wrong. 

So here it is.....I was wrong about that.

Then I had to leave because I was very upset about how (supposed) Christians were covering for his blatant lies, or at the very least, confusing every issue by repeating the talking points of the DNC without critical analysis. 

It's one thing if someone is naive or ignorant, but it's another when they are intentionally deceptive; and I found out that directly confronting that deception violated the TOS here. I'm sorry, but I simply can't be "moderate" in the face of lies and intellectual dishonesty. It's already got me kicked off a thread here again. 

So I'm just here to fulfill my vow of admitting I was wrong about one particular aspect of our (thank God!) FORMER President. 

I'm hanging out for as long as (you and) I can take it. Being nice to someone whom I know is intentionally lying just isn't in my character. My paternal instinct will not allow me to act like intentional deception isn't a VERY big deal.

At the same time, I understand that the purpose of this board is not for ascertaining political truth, and that there are quite a lot of "newbies" to faith who visit, and may be turned away by any appearance of confrontation....so I voluntarily left in 2011 (I think?) and it's likely I will leave again soon, now that my vow is fulfilled. 

Just wanted to keep my promise. 

I remember you yod :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  20
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  2.49
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  04/11/1961

My husband might find you to be a kindred spirit. He tried joining worthy but lasted one day.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 minutes ago, shel said:

My husband might find you to be a kindred spirit. He tried joining worthy but lasted one day.

Why?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Hey Yod ... good to see you back.  You are not the only one who gets their fill of deceptive posting.  I took some time off myself.  The only question I have is why the name change?

Welcome back. I too remember you. The forum has changed a little, as you may find (or have found since you have over 200 post as the "new" you. Some new members bring with them some "profound" differences in theology, to which we (people who are educated in the Truth of Scripture) try and confront with love and patience. Still, and as always, we resist these false theologies with the Truth. Hopefully you can help us do that again, but with love and patience. Anyho......welcome back Yod.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

49 minutes ago, heyvavhey said:

I also predicted that he would not leave office without violence, and said I would publicly apologize if I was wrong. 

But you were not wrong, and you should not be apologizing.  If you add up (1) nationwide police murders, (2) other murders nationwide, (3) Jihadist violence supported by Obama, and (4) countless abortions supported by Obama, that is a whole ton of violence (and I have not even mentioned to attacks against Trump supporters).

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

The only question I have is why the name change?

Probably because he thinks Hebrew letters have some charming qualities.:)

28 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Hey Yod ... good to see you back.  You are not the only one who gets their fill of deceptive posting.  I took some time off myself.  The only question I have is why the name change?

Religious theories are open to debate, so it never bothers me what people think about that. It's their own soul they're cheating if they aren't willing to look at The Truth. 

But political deception is the full flower of human deception. That has caused more misery since Nimrod than anything else, and it almost always follows the same pattern.

Get one group fighting another until they don't notice who threw that bouncing ball. Divide and conquer. 

The best and easiest way to manipulate people is through anger. Envy gets them there fast. The best and easiest tool for accomplishing that is the lie, and it will be too late when they find out it was a lie. 

The most clear recent example of that is Ben Ghazi, I think. Obama would have lost that election if the truth were allowed out so they created a boogy-man of a film-maker, whom they summarily arrested (in California) and his Constitutional Rights didn't matter to the Left, as long as this rouse fooled the public for about 10 days. Their blatant lies caused confusion just long enough to get through an election and the truth (that we already knew) started coming out in the next month. 

I'm never going to give blind allegiance to any politician. Judging by the popularity of our new President there are those who already see him as a Messiah. I have come to love him, if only because of how much it twerks the liars, but I do so knowing that power corrupts and it's a daily test. Like every President, I will pray for him to succeed in leading our nation...but with him I actually have faith that he wants to do that. Since he has the self-discipline to have never smoked or drank in his life, I'm thinking there's a chance he turns out well for us. I'll be watching every politician suspiciously, though I see no reason to doubt. 

I'm mostly surprised to see that Trump is already confronting hot issues that NO POLITICIANS HAVE BEEN WILLING TO FACE. How refreshing to not have a politician in charge!? He can't be any worse than Obama or Hillary, that's for sure. 

It won't be easy to remove the entrenched as they are watch their gravy train pull out of the station...but for once in my entire life I think it "could" happen. It's a wrench in DC, if nothing else and I'm loving every second of it.

/

Edited by heyvavhey

37 minutes ago, OneLight said:

why the name change?

Too much hassle to figure out my password? Seems like I asked George to delete every word of my history back then, so the profile was probably long gone. I tried for a few minutes....don't remember why but a new name just seemed simplest.

Have you ever tried to get a name change on a paypal account? Can't be done; so I just applied the same method. New name for a new day for a new account. 

Edited by heyvavhey