• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,624
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"prayer is also out of space and time"

Yes!  I believe so.

Guest BacKaran

Well, dissention will always be as long as false churches and cults live.

People who try to defend the RCC can't because according to Gods Truth, it's an abomination in many ways, along with praying to or for the dead.

Sorry ted, you're not open to His Truth but feel free to post more lies and His Truth will be told.

And why would anyone want to be in a worship service where they don't agree with the pastor? Time to find Him.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

FYI, you're blocked to prevent further dissention on your end.

Ok my friend, sorry that you blocked me, I like you and respect you.  One thing, though you won't see this:   You need to look up what an opinion is, for all of your thoughts on any matter or an opinion I believe.  We do love the same Lord, but if you don't believe that, not a problem.

Peace
mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,434
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 1/27/2017 at 9:57 AM, markdohle said:

Just as I lose out if I don’t grow in my ability to allow the process of purification to occur in my life with others, the same is tragically true with my relationship with the Lord.  The process of sanctification is long and drawn out in this life.  If not finished, then this grace-filled process continues.  After we let go of the brain in death, what is unconscious in us becomes conscious, we can’t hide anymore from what needs to be healed and purified by the grace of the Lord…..it is not punishment, though like all healing, painful.  Just as it is in our experience of deep relationships with others, if rejected then there is only a shallow attachment. 

Mark, the above in red, is it not essentially the meaning  of  " PURGATORY", which evangelical christians do not see in scripture and therefore is not in their theology.  You are disguising the promotion of purgatory in the form of your eloquent writings.  Purgatory is not supported by evangelicans as far i know. 

After death is judgement, the dead can no longer do any acts nor anyone can intercede on their behalf for any favor or blessings ect.    The good Lord has given us living a memory that we can reflect and remember our loved ones and it is part of our living life and nothing is wrong in that.  Some may not even want to remember as is was not a lovable situations.  .  Praying for the living soul, is indeed of utmost importance as they still have life and where life there is hope of repentance and salvation.

Hebrews 9King James Version (KJV)

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

1 hour ago, Davida said:

As White Rabbitt so aptly put it :

"You speak softly (Mark ) and you make it sound lovely.

But the verses you are referring to are 1 Corinthians 3:10-15;

It is being spoken to a very living church and it speaks of warnings, enduring things, the Day of the Lord, spiritual works being tested, fire, life tested, spiritual loss, and spiritual failure.

Nothing here refers to the dead, only the living."

This is exactly why Christians are warned to "Beware of wolves in sheep's clothing..." Matt 7:15   I see always the subtle twisting of the Truth & message of GOD's Word to justify your errant message of error.  This to me never "charming" or acceptable when the  Bible scripture is used to peddle False teachings and it must confronted and be addressed as White Rabbitt did.

FYI , Fundamentalist Christianity is called Fundamental because it  believes in the whole Word of God i.e.  the OT and NT - not just the NT.

Bible Believing Christians reject the Catholic Churches mysticism & false teachings we attempt as always to show the CATHOLIC CHURCH as a Pagan cult that was mixed with Christianity. What do you get when you attempt to mix light and darkness together?  you get a corrupted version of righteousness that is not righteous but deviant.

2 Cor 6:14 "Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what partnership has light with darkness?"
As the Bible says we can't mix dark with light - As true Bible believing Christianity cannot be joined to Roman Catholic Church.  In in the paragraph above you tried to link Fundamentalism - with the Westboro Baptist church that is a false equivalent and probably an attempted "dis" and dig by you towards the Christians that call your message DEVIANT. 

The Westboro Baptist church - is a False  phony Christian cult - it is neither Christian nor Baptist -but it is a "fake Christian cult" and by this definition it is similar to the Cult of Mary Catholic Church and the complete  Opposite of Fundamentalist Evangelicalism because Evangelicals are taught and believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God and taught not to take scripture out of context to support unchristian beliefs & doctrines. 

The Catholic Church only claims and desires itself to be the Queen & head of the "universal Christian church " but it is not.  Christ's Church is the Body of believers that obey God's Word.

Thank you for sharing my friend.  We disagree, fine with that ;-).  Not a pagan, catholic's are not pagans, the mystical life is important as are the writers like John of the Cross, Julian of Norwich, St. Theresa, Joh Paul 11 and many more.  The sacraments are important as well, for in the Eurarchirst we receive the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ.   Devotion to the saints is not pagan, as has been told to you many times....which is ok my friend. 

Wish you peace.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, Teditis said:

Praying for the dead can, possibly, do more for the pray-er than it can do for the prayed.

As MarkDohle points out, the life of a "saint" goes further than mere life and death here on earth and it is a relationship

with our friends and loved ones that continues beyond the grave. Love for such a one would lead one to want nothing but the best

for anyone... including those who have passed on before us. Nothing can prepare us for what lies beyond death and a simple prayer

for the dead does nothing to harm either us or those prayed for. But it can expand one's own devotion to the Love of Christ as we

take time in prayer to remember those who have passed on... to pray for the part that we don't know about and ask God to give them

the best judgement because the deceased may have impacted our lives to His Glory.

So where is the harm, in your mind, for praying for the deceased?

A lovely post .

Guest Thallasa
22 hours ago, BacKaran said:

God cannot be in the presence of sin so those in heaven with Him are the redeemed, saved.

Either one is Alive with Christ

Or

Dead with sin.

No need to pray for the dead, pray for them while they are Alive so Jesus, as our only Intercessor, would answer your prayers.

Look up necromancy in the Bible.

Do not inquire about the dead.  Do not ask, do not pray,as theBible says.... Let the dead bury their dead....

There has to be some mistake here ,a very serious one .

Guest Thallasa
21 hours ago, Teditis said:

One can pray for whatever one wishes... God asks us to pray for the Will of God.

Loving someone who is deceased is an example of an Love that is exemplary choice of loyalty and affection that is beyond the grave.

What can be done in praying for someone who has died is that our own Love can become more like God's

in it's everlasting devotion to others... as the OP suggests.

I think that you used it... out of context... just to try and prove your own biased opinions about the RCC.

You have a hatred towards a group of people and try to pass it off as a loyalty to God.

But hatred and God don't mix, see? RCC'ers proclaim Jesus as their only Lord and Savior. But the rest of what

they believe, you can't reconcile. What you can't reconcile you reject and call demonic. Well, shame on you.

:thumbsup:

There is a lot of the way that the RCC conducts itself ,and a number of practises that I disagree with as a an ex RCC ,but I appreciate that in our Relationship with God, each of us has a different way of expressing  it  ,so I leave those who wish to participate to continue , and I need another manner of relating to God .  All part in my opinion of a great whole as long a the hate stops   .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1Co 9:19  For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more;  1Co 9:20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 1Co 9:21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law, 1Co 9:22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

Brother Mark, I again implore you to speak to and emphasize the doctrines we hold in common, becoming all things to all men.  It is sad that you are not open to correction of Scripture regarding the traditions of men.  But I do urge you not to be divisive on these forums.