IGNORED

Not speaking in Tounge

Guest kreatha1950

Guest kreatha1950

What do you say or do if your church members think or say that you are not save if you don't talk in tounge. when I hear someone speaking in tounge it sound like they or losing their mind. The children get confuse, and I tell the members and pastor that my children don't want to come back, because they sound confuse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

I would find another church, because they are not teaching accurate truth. Speaking in tounges is a wonderful thing, but you don't have to in order to be a Christian.

Admit you sin, ask forgiveness, ask Jesus into your life. That is what being born again is. The blood of Jesus changes you, heals you, delivers you. Speaking in tounges is outward evidence of batisim in the Holy Spirit. (which you don't have to have in order to be a christian, but I would encourage you to study it out)

Blessings,

Kraz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I will agree with Kraz here...but I would also like to add thatI don't believe tounges is the only evidence of the Holy Spirit indwelling in you...there are other gifts. Look them up...you'll see :( Discernment, is one of them. :rolleyes:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

What do you say or do if your church members think or say that you are not save if you don't talk in tounge. when I hear someone speaking in tounge it sound like they or losing their mind. The children get confuse, and I tell the members and pastor that my children don't want to come back, because they sound confuse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking in tongues is a gift, along with many other gifts through the Holy Spirit and yes you can be saved without speaking in tongues. In the future i would be more careful as to how i referred to this gift for it is a gift from the lord through the Holy Spirit. Maybe you need to do a study on the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I do believe in tongues but it has nothing to do with salvation. I agree, find another church. Our salvation is a gift. It is about the sacriface of Jesus on the cross and not what we do. Those who tell you your not saved if you don't speak in tongues are so far from the truth...Yes find another church and don't look back.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Find another church. Nothing good will come of staying in a church like that and I will bet there will be a whole lot of other false teaching accompanying that rediculous comment.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi Kreatha.

Before you give up on the Church you are attending I would weigh up if it is just one or two that say you must speak in tongues and if it is a general teaching that the Pastor endorses. For some people demonstrating their 'gift' becomes a bit of an idol and is not part of the fruit of the Spirit that we are told we should expect to see in a Believer.

I have been a member of a number of Churches over the years and have never been in one where I was able to accept everything that was taught...but I have also learnt that I can respectfully disagree with my brethren on some issues and still enjoy true fellowship.

I pray that you will be able to see things clearly and make the right decision for the sake of your family and acccording to the leading of the Holy Ghost...may you get clarity and assurance one way or another.

Regards Botz

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

I am in a church that believes basically the same thing and I'll tell ya it is very hurtful to the one who does not speak in tongues.

I spoke once, many moons ago while driving and havent been given the utterance since that time. This is a very beautiful gift from God, but it is not the only evidence of salvation, faith is.

I agree with the rest, you need to do a study on the gifts and I would start with 1 Cor 12, 13 and 14 as well as Romans 12 for starters, and pray for God to give you understanding.

One of the problems with this taching is that it makes one doubt their faith when a church preaches the unbiblical teaching of one must speak in tongues

Romans 14:23

And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

The very church that is to be encouraging the body, instead puts one in doubt and makes a shipwreck of their faith. I have seen it happen, it has happened to me. But praise God He never left me alone. satan is very subtile in his approach even within the confines of church.

It makes one feel like a second rate Christian, even perhaps rejected by God.

Kreatha, believe what God says and not what man interprets to be truth. Read your bible, pray for all the gifts, they are very real an active today as they were in the past, but they are imparted by the Holy Spirit of God and He distributes them as He sees necessary.

Believe what God says, and trust Him at His Word. He says:

Romans 10:13) for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Romans 5:1

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

It is our faith that justifies us before God, even this faith to believe in Him is a gift from Him;

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

The very faith that God gives us to believe in Him, is a precious gift from Him. Faith to believe in God is not natural to the natural man. So if you believe in Jesus and have been granted repentance, and have called upon His Name, then rejoice and praise the Lord, for His wWord says that you will be saved.

Romans

1) Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

5:2

through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we [ Or let us] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Romans 10:17

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

Praise the Lord for the faith that He has given us to believe. As far as leaving the church, this too requires much prayer, for God may have you there for this very reason....to teach them to rightly divide His Word of truth.

I hope this helps and wish I had a little more time to respond but I gotta go.

May God richly bless you, kreatha, and I encourage you to study Gods word and let Him guide you in all truth.

In Jesus

kevin

Guest kreatha1950
I would find another church, because they are not teaching accurate truth.  Speaking in tounges is a wonderful thing, but you don't have to in order to be a Christian.

Admit you sin, ask forgiveness, ask Jesus into your life.  That is what being born again is.  The blood of Jesus changes you, heals you, delivers you.  Speaking in tounges is outward evidence of batisim in the Holy Spirit. (which you don't have to have in order to be a christian, but I would encourage you to study it out)

Blessings,

Kraz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I would find another church, because they are not teaching accurate truth.  Speaking in tounges is a wonderful thing, but you don't have to in order to be a Christian.

Admit you sin, ask forgiveness, ask Jesus into your life.  That is what being born again is.  The blood of Jesus changes you, heals you, delivers you.  Speaking in tounges is outward evidence of batisim in the Holy Spirit. (which you don't have to have in order to be a christian, but I would encourage you to study it out)

Blessings,

Kraz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said Kraz :mgqueen:

Speaking in tongues is a gift from GOD.

The moment a person receives Jesus Christ into their hearts, GOD puts

HIS HOLY SPIRIT in their hearts. At that moment that person is saved.

LOVE and PEACE to everyone, :mgqueen: