What do you believe?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are tattoos and body piercings a sin?

• Yes
    • I Do Not Care
    • No

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

Although I did desire a Marine Corps tattoo back in the 60's, I just never got drunk enough to do it. :huh:  I even wanted to get one that a lot of the other guys did . . . . .  a little devil holding a pitchfork saying "born to raise hell".  Thank you lord for watering down my alcohol!!!

I do not believe that it is a sin to get one, even today.  I watched the video offered and agree with the "for the dead" statement.  My KJV says; "nor print any marks upon you".  I wonder how it could be a sin for a girl today that may have had cancer treatment leaving her without eyebrows, electing for a tattoo version.  Then I strongly suspect that it would be just fine with The Lord if she decided to have her eyebrows permanently tattooed on.  So the "for the dead" part fits perfectly.

And furthermore, "make no cuttings in your flesh", why would The Lord insist on circumcision?   So once again, we have to fall back on "for the dead".  There are no contradictions in God's Word.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, 1x1is1 said:

Although I did desire a Marine Corps tattoo back in the 60's, I just never got drunk enough to do it. :huh:  I even wanted to get one that a lot of the other guys did . . . . .  a little devil holding a pitchfork saying "born to raise hell".  Thank you lord for watering down my alcohol!!!

I do not believe that it is a sin to get one, even today.  I watched the video offered and agree with the "for the dead" statement.  My KJV says; "nor print any marks upon you".  I wonder how it could be a sin for a girl today that may have had cancer treatment leaving her without eyebrows, electing for a tattoo version.  Then I strongly suspect that it would be just fine with The Lord if she decided to have her eyebrows permanently tattooed on.  So the "for the dead" part fits perfectly.

And furthermore, "make no cuttings in your flesh", why would The Lord insist on circumcision?   So once again, we have to fall back on "for the dead".  There are no contradictions in God's Word.

True, there are no contradictions in God's Word. If we look at the Bible in context of the culture in witch it was given, then we can see that one of the reasons for circumcision is to separate the people that followed God from the world. This would bring it in line perfectly with “for the Dead” and also Jesus tells us to be separate from the world.

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. - Matthew 5:13

I do love that verse, especially in the “socially correct” age

Love,

Your Brother In Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Davida said:

It's like membership into a worldly club/pop culture. I think they are ugly -even the roses & butterflies Lol!. Spiritually it seems like defiling what GOD made perfectly & wonderfully & covering it with ink-who's idea would that have been?

That's a good point 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,168
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

8 hours ago, Giller said:

Right on, let us stick to scriptures rather than man's ideals.

I cannot imagine being in the place of giving account before 'The God', A Being upon which all else answers to yet answers only to Himself! Having given His Word on a subject and ignored as if what He says has no matter... I am reminded of this verse that speaks about His full disclosure of Himself and the results of such

Revelation 20:11 (ESV)
[11] Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. [12] And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done

I believe this is in fulfillment of Jude 23 in regard to God's Holiness

Jude 23 (ESV)
[23] save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh

Now that the setting is realized in advance by a merciful God to tells of this-> imagine oneself standing here like this
1.jpgHow shall this man reply to God in view of this verse below

Leviticus 19:28 (ESV)

[28] You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/5/2017 at 6:53 AM, enoob57 said:

How shall this man reply to God in view of this verse below

[28] You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.

Love, Steven

One of his many sins that would stand before God to be sure if he was currently lost!

I'd start with that "GUILTY" tat right between his eyes! :o Mentioning a few of those other sins tatted on his face letting him see his guilt before God!

Then, mention the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, calling on him to repent and believe, so he could be forgiven! :)

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/5/2017 at 3:53 AM, enoob57 said:

I cannot imagine being in the place of giving account before 'The God', A Being upon which all else answers to yet answers only to Himself! Having given His Word on a subject and ignored as if what He says has no matter... I am reminded of this verse that speaks about His full disclosure of Himself and the results of such

Revelation 20:11 (ESV)
[11] Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. [12] And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done

I believe this is in fulfillment of Jude 23 in regard to God's Holiness

Jude 23 (ESV)
[23] save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh

Now that the setting is realized in advance by a merciful God to tells of this-> imagine oneself standing here like this
1.jpgHow shall this man reply to God in view of this verse below

Love, Steven

That is totally obnoxious and he probably does not care what God thinks. I know a born again Christian man who has recently gotten  Romans 8:28 tattooed on his arm. I do not think there is anything wrong with that.

1 minute ago, B3L13v3R said:

One of his many sins that would stand before God to be sure if he was currently lost!

I'd start with that "GUILTY" tat right between his eyes! :o Mentioning a few of those other sins tatted on his face letting him see his guilt before God!

Then, mention the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, calling on him to repent and believe, so he could be forgiven! :)

Uniquely soaked in the pride of rebellion... and the probability of no remaining portions within the heart for God's Word to soften! It is why I teach children The Scripture... it is the very best of soil given to the sons of God  to plant God's Seeds in :thumbsup: 

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is totally obnoxious and he probably does not care what God thinks. I know a born again Christian man who has recently gotten  Romans 8:28 tattooed on his arm. I do not think there is anything wrong with that.

I personally don't feel pressed in anyway not to love any portion of God's Word... as God Sees Love as obedience to what He has Said-> let the whole council of God be ever in the heart of desire unto God Who has given it!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

43 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I personally don't feel pressed in anyway not to love any portion of God's Word... as God Sees Love as obedience to what He has Said-> let the whole council of God be ever in the heart of desire unto God Who has given it!

I have never had a tattoo and I do not have the desire to ever have one but I think it is all in a choice of what you have tattooed on your body. I think you can see a person's heart by what they have tattooed. A butterfly or a ladybug? I do not see anything wrong in that. Or a verse of Scripture?

Just now, missmuffet said:

I have never had a tattoo and I do not have the desire to ever have one but I think it is all in a choice of what you have tattooed on your body. I think you can see a person's heart by what they have tattooed. A butterfly or a ladybug? I do not see anything wrong in that. Or a verse of Scripture?

Only that you have gone from where God Says none to what you feel is ok... and this would of course be between you and what God has written :)