• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, iamlamad said:

Wow! And again another WOW.  You simply amaze me.

You will learn soon enough, if you have not already, that Retrobyter has manufactured his own theology, and it would be a waste of time trying to refute it or argue against it.  Of course, he will provide lengthy dissertations to uphold his views, but they are essentially incorrect.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

6 minutes ago, iamlamad said:
And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

It seems even the disciples disagree with you. 

Shalom, iamlamad.

They THOUGHT they were seeing a ghost! Did they? Nope. "Spirit" (Middle English from Latin) and "ghost" (Old English from German) are used synonymously in the English Scriptures, hence "Holy Ghost" being a way to say "Holy Spirit."

NT:4151 pneuma (pnyoo'-mah); from NT:4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:
KJV - ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare NT:5590.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

----

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

A breath is willing? NOT!

As noted above, a "breath" gives wind to "words" and "words" display the "mental disposition" or the "ATTITUDE" that a person may have. What Yeshua` was saying is that people often have good intentions, but the feet behind those intentions - the actions - don't always perform the intentions! 

----
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

The Holy Spirit is a breath? Get real!

Actually, He is more like a WIND! And, yes, that is PRECISELY how He is described as early as Genesis 1:2!

----
And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

A "breath" has a name, can think and can speak? Get real!

For the same reason as above, a daemon - a lesser god in Greek mythology - is only detected by his words given form by his breath. So, yes.

----

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
He cast out breaths? Get real! These are BEINGS. Our spirit is a BEING. We ARE a spirit being possessing a soul.

Same argument.
----
God is a Spirit: is He only a breath? Get real!

Quote the REST of that verse:

John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
KJV

How is that done? You OPEN YOUR MOUTH as you bow to Him! You SAY something with your breath, and say it TRUTHFULLY!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

23 minutes ago, Ezra said:

You will learn soon enough, if you have not already, that Retrobyter has manufactured his own theology, and it would be a waste of time trying to refute it or argue against it.  Of course, he will provide lengthy dissertations to uphold his views, but they are essentially incorrect.

Shalom, Ezra.

I'll deal with you later, bro'. Gotta get some sleep.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

You tell me Ezra, I have you dispensationalist, inventing an antichrist cutting a covenant with many, inventing demons carring bad peoples spirit to the underworld....and attacking scriptures that two or three witneses is not a biblical rule for prophecy...and the most disturbing of all that Ecc 12 is written by the Devil.

Where did you come up with these fantasy scenarios? For example, who said Ecc 12 was written by the Devil? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

No that is more opinion based.

John clearly shows Jesus went to Jerusalem to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles but secretly (John 6:4; 7:1-10)  because the Jerusalem authorities sought his life (John 5:18).

Christs journey in Luke 9:51 demands an addition Passover season and Jesus’ public ministry lasted 3.5 years, 

First of all, he uses the word: "clearly", which means it's anything but "clear".  Rather it is his conclusion, and inchrist's credibility on Bible interpretation has been questionable.

Second of all, Luke's account does NOT "demand" a fourth festival, being parallel to John.

The Feast of Tabernacles is not the Passover Appointed Time. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, inchrist said:

Angles wear pink tutus....please find me scriptures that states they doesnt.....seriously is that how scripture works with you?

Ecc. 12:7 says, “Our bodies will return to the dust of the earth, and the breath of life will go back to God, who gave it to us.”

Refutes your nonsense.

Then this I found actually disturbing in order to keep your nonsense afloat....You now attack the very scriptures.

So because you theory is beared out false you now attack scriptures, that its breathed by the Devil?

You accusing Ecc 12 to be written by the devil

Remember your Creator
    in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
    and the years approach when you will say,
    “I find no pleasure in them”—
before the sun and the light
    and the moon and the stars grow dark,
    and the clouds return after the rain;
when the keepers of the house tremble,
    and the strong men stoop,
when the grinders cease because they are few,
    and those looking through the windows grow dim;
when the doors to the street are closed
    and the sound of grinding fades;
when people rise up at the sound of birds,
    but all their songs grow faint;
when people are afraid of heights
    and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
    and the grasshopper drags itself along
    and desire no longer is stirred.
Then people go to their eternal home
    and mourners go about the streets.

Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
    and the golden bowl is broken;
before the pitcher is shattered at the spring,
    and the wheel broken at the well,
and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
    and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

“Meaningless! Meaningless!” says the Teacher.[a]
    “Everything is meaningless!”

Does ecc 12 sound like its written by the Devil?

Tell me is Job 27:3 also written by the Devil?

as long as I have life within me, the breath of God in my nostrils,

It is written that we must rightly divide the word of God.

Would YOU preach a sermon from any of the Job chapters of what his three friends said, when God said, what they said, was wrong?  How can it be "scripture" suitable for doctrine when it is wrong in the mind of God?

OF COURSE a human dies when they quit breathing. One way is called drowning. We MUST have air to live.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

So according to you, God is BREATH! Get real.

Therefore, when Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who came with her weeping, He groaned in the spirit and was troubled.

This is not talking about a breath! It is talking about the inward man.

For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.

And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.

Wow! a "breath" caused her to be bend over! Get real! This spirit was a demonic spirit: a BEING that is evil.

Luke 24: 36 Now as they said these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” 37 But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed they had seen a spirit.

You really think they thought they saw a breath? Get real!

Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”

Do you really imagine Jesus is speaking here of a breath of air? If so, you are beyond hope.

Matthew 14: 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

Do you really imagine they thought they saw a breath of air?

So what is this "inward man" Paul writes of? It is our SPIRIT MAN inside.  We are made in God's image, so we ARE a spirit, we possess a soul (mind, will, emotions, etc, and we live in a body.  God IS a spirit being, He possesses a soul, and He also has a body. He has hands, arms, eyes, ears, etc. Abraham SAW Him. Moses SAW Him.

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

iamlamad

I far rather value Retros attempts with scripture, because atleast he puts in effort to provide evidence for us to examine. Than fanciful opinions like the one above here.

Matthew 16:22  22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Are you willing to tell us all that these words of Peter were "God breathed?"

9 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

The truth is, the Greek word, Pneuma, has different meanings:

he KJV translates Strong's G4151 in the following manner: Spirit (111x), Holy Ghost (89x), Spirit (of God) (13x), Spirit (of the Lord) (5x), (My) Spirit (3x), Spirit (of truth) (3x), Spirit (of Christ) (2x), human (spirit) (49x), (evil) spirit (47x), spirit (general) (26x), spirit (8x), (Jesus' own) spirit (6x), (Jesus' own) ghost (2x), miscellaneous (21x).

But we all SHOULD KNOW that when used here:

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

It is referring to the third person of the triune Godhead - NOT a breath! In many cases in the New Testament it is referring to living beings.

Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Here Paul is talking about our INWARD man, which is our spirit - the very spirit we are suppose to walk after (versus walking after the flesh). Paul  is NOT talking about a breath of air!

10 hours ago, Ezra said:

I agree 100%!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, inchrist said:

But even if I do judge, My judgment is true, because I am not alone when I judge; I am with the Father, who sent Me. 17Even in your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. 18I am One who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me also testifies about Me.”

This is where inchrist persist s in his attack and elevate himself to post turtle status.

I am not going to argue with such a person.

He has no proof, just his word "he says so" and has the audacity to quote the Lord for himself.

Such a claim should never be made, but when a person seeks to win rather than find truth, this is where one ends up.