zorgblar

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe that the shroud of turin and stigmata are christian?I am not sure about the shroud of turin.But i believe in stigmata.Because in galatians 6:17 doesn't paul say he has stigmata?:D

Jesus Himself showed a Disciple (Thomas) His wounds after His death and Resurrection (John 20:19-31.) Other Scripture describes Christ as looking like "the Lamb who was slain." (Revelation 5:6) The scripture you quoted is not the same thing as Paul does not describe what exactly his marks are, so anything we may think he is referring to would be strictly conjecture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. COL 1:24

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, zorgblar said:

Do you believe that the shroud of turin and stigmata are christian?I am not sure about the shroud of turin.But i believe in stigmata.Because in galatians 6:17 doesn't paul say he has stigmata?:D

No, Paul did not claim to have anything like the stigmata.was talking about the visible scars he had from being stoned nearly to death, and being flogged and beaten with rods, etc.    He was a physical mess and probably walked around scarred and scabbed from what he had endured.  Paul would not have been impressive or pleasant to look at, frankly. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

No, I don't believe the shroud was Jesus' . I don't believe in the stigmata or any of the other strange appearances of statues crying or bleeding or the mary type apparitions, this type of phenomena was never revealed in Bible scripture and think it is demonic deception. 

I believe the Stigmata  being used is the focus on the marks from the wounds of the crucified body of Christ, though I do strongly doubt them being supernaturally impressed on anyone else.  Basically, I think zorgblar cold of worded it better.

Guest BacKaran

No. It was proven after Padre pios death, his assistant confessed that she bought some sort of acid in town for him. He placed a few drops to create his stigmata.

Plus, crucifixion was thru the wrist not the palm. The pain has no muscle but the wrist has muscle and bone.

Google Roman crucifixion and you will learn the Romans perfected this torture with making sure the nail went thru the what nerve for maximum pain.

After being beaten, whipped beyond recognizing Him, Jesus took it all for me, a sinner whom He so wonderfully lived and died for me.

Edited by BacKaran

1 minute ago, BacKaran said:

No. It was proven after Padre pios death, his assistant confessed that she bought some sort of acid in town for him. He placed a few drops to create his stigmata.

Plus, crucifixion was thru the wrist not the palm. The pain has no muscle but the wrist has muscle and bone.

Fisher Roman crucifixion and you will learn the Romans perfected this torture with making sure the mail went thru the nerve for maximum pain.

After being beaten, whipped beyond recognizing Him, Jesus took it all for me, a sinner whom He so wonderfully lived and died for me.

Which is why I believe the OP could of worded it better.  I personally do not believe in the Shroud of Turin, and also believe the wrist was used, not the hand.  It has been said that the nail through the hand would not of held the weight of Jesus on the cross, even with the ties said to of been placed on the arm.  The nail would of ripped through the skin and ligaments and he would of fallen upside down.

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

We'll have to wait OneLight,  to see what he was referring-my thought was he was referring to the stigmata phenomena.

If he is, then I full disagree with the OP and will stand corrected.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I was referring to the stigmata phenomena in general.So your right davida.

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

You agree that people having appearance of holes in their hands is a sign from GOD???  Not me.

Please read what I posted again.  I disagree with him if that is what he posted, and the correction comes when I thought he meant otherwise.

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If he is, then I full disagree with the OP and will stand corrected.