IGNORED

What Does The Bible Say About Interracial Marriage?

What do you believe?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Is Interracial Marriage a sin?

• Yes, it is
    • I Do Not know
    • No, it is not

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I do not think we know really, where Cush is. First off, there is Cush, mentioned in early Genesis. I think to take geography from pre-flood times, is a bit risky. No doubt the Earth looked a bit different after the flood, and I doubt a 600 year old man, spend a lot of time exploring the geography of the planet, to reestablish former points of reference know to Adam and descendants.

Seems as though there is a lot of debate or doubt about Cush, though it also seems that the scholars are reasonably in agreement, that it was in northeastern Africa, likely bordering the Red Sea, though the boundaries do not seem to equate necessarily of any country like Ethiopia, Egypt, etc. In may have included both, or neither, or both and more, some even place in on the N.E. side of the Red Sea, but that appears to be rare, not a consensus.

Since this topic is really about racism, I suggest if we want to continue it, we should start a new topic, sorry of I sort of diverted the thread a bit.

One can read more on the web of course, perhaps http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/cush/ will get you started.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, worthy said:

Moses only had one wife but I may be wrong. I will have to do more extensive studies on it.

Nothing to worry about.  The fact is that there were *inter-ethnic* marriages.  The Bible speaks of only one race -- the human race, having *one blood*.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Nothing to worry about.  The fact is that there were *inter-ethnic* marriages.  The Bible speaks of only one race -- the human race, having *one blood*.

That's it in a nutshell Ezra!

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Since this topic is really about racism, I suggest if we want to continue it, we should start a new topic, sorry of I sort of diverted the thread a bit.

You are right....I chased a rabbit.

As everyone else has said, the Bible does not prohibit marrying someone of a different skin tone than yourself.  We are all varying shades - from very light - to super dark - of the same brown.