IGNORED

More on Terri Schiavo

Abigailwc

Guest sonchild

I read the article. This is the best I have read on the true thinking of these people who are lost in their own world. Seems impossible, but I know it is true.

I am seeing something else very troubling in that some people who I know are Christians are leaning toward euthanasia. They are saying with great confidence and faith that the doctors can call the shots in that area basically and we should listen to these doctors. I can't even count the number of times that doctors have been completely wrong in treatment and/or diagnoses that I know of , and that's just in my own family. They are mere humans like all of us.

I have learned that when a doctor says something cannot be helped that what he is really saying is "In my opinion with the knowledge that I have, this cannot be helped". We have to keep our hearts and eyes on the Truth, which is the Word of God.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Excellent article at NRO you all on the underlying and terrifying basis under which Terri's death is considered justifieid in many circles who view her as being a non-person. 

http://www.nationalreview.com/smithw/smith200503290755.asp

Carlos

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:emot-hug:

We look back to Nazi Germany and think, "HOW could this happen?!" Well... by labeling people as non-human and "ending their suffering" under the guise of "mercy" made it palpable. (I do believe there is a moral difference in removing life support from the terminally ill and starving someone who simply cannot feed themselves). After society accepted that, then it made it easier still to exterminate those with "less" value than those on the other side of the gas chamber door. Hitler didn't start with throwing millions into concentration camps- there was that first "worthless non-human." He started with "mercy" for the "greater good of society" and for those who would be "better off dead." What precedent will the Terri Schiavo case set??? In hindsight of Hitler's T-4 Program we can say to ourselves, "I would have done something." Well, staring this same line of thinking in the face...

[*]Wesley Smith (attorney for the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide): Bill, do you think Terri is a person?

Bill Allen (Florida bioethicist): No, I do not. I think having awareness is an essential criterion for personhood. Even minimal awareness would support some criterion of personhood, but I don't think complete absence of awareness does.

[*]Definition of a person:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

There are people who now say,

Edited by Cerran

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Cerran,

One little problem with your view..... and that is the fact that Michael Schiavo made no mention of his wifes verbally expressed living will...UNTIL, he won something in the region of $1000,000 to spend on Terri's rehabilitation.

The money that was awarded to him seemed to have a remarkable effect on his powers of recall........

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Ask yourself, if Terri had a living will that stated no life support means would we even be having this discussion?

EATING and DRINKING are not considered " Life support" in medical terms.

Pope John Paul II is likely to be tube fed, I just read in a new brief.

I am working with a little 12 year old girl who is being tube fed because she can't digest food.

This tube feeding is costing our health care @ $10,000 a month !!!

She may be designated a 'vegetable too - and all "medical support" be removed from her .....

what do you think...?

But your argument above is speculative and based on coinjecture.

The point is noone really has written evidence either way.

The cost of medical care is sky rocketing. It isexpensive to keep people alive who will not return $ to the system.

Its easier to designate them as 'vegetables', come up with a new term PVS, as if the euphimism will justify the killing.

That is what it's about.

It's not even about Michael Schiavo.

The Bushes went through a dance to perform as if they were pro-life and satisfy the public that voted them in - but in fact everyone knows from the beginning that it was faite accompli.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

Cerran,

One little problem with your view..... and that is the fact that Michael Schiavo made no mention of his wifes verbally expressed living will...UNTIL, he won something in the region of $1000,000 to spend on Terri's rehabilitation.

The money that was awarded to him seemed to have a remarkable effect on his powers of recall........

Except that Terri's wishes did not hinge solely on Michael's testimony. If it had that might be a valid argument.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Good news you all!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050330/D89551380.html

Pray, pray that the Lord above would show mercy to Terri by having the court order her tube reinserted. Pray that He would protect Terri's organs and otherwise keep her in health until life giving water and nutrition can be given to her once more.

I don't know if the tube will be reinserted but a ray of light has just shone.

May God's will be done but who knows if through the prayers of the Church His hand might be moved to incline the hearts of the judges to let her live.

Pray too that Michael would get tired of all this and would just throw his hands into the air and give her over to her family. So that they could love and take care of her.

Carlos

reltih,

I find it terribly sad that you such a cruel heart to not even show the slightest compassion for another human being whom God loves- to devalue her life based on insurance premiums and to relish in her suffering because you disagree with others

Edited by Dr. Luke

Thanks for the update, Carlos. I had been reading news on terrisfight.org but it is no longer there :emot-handshake: Prayers are continuing. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Cerran

Except that Terri's wishes did not hinge solely on Michael's testimony. If it had that might be a valid argument.

No argument....but that is what happened.

AS I understand it,the only other thing that Terri's wishes were based on, was what she supposedly said to Michael Shaivo's family. :emot-handshake::emot-handshake:

Perhaps you would like to explain just why MS received such a large sum of money...when he knew that Terri had made a verbal living will....in his presence...and members of his family.

I, along with many others, cannot even begin to comprehend how he is allowed to have any say over what happens to Terri.

He has made a new life for himself....and the only way he could possibly still be considered Terri's husband...is the scrap of paper it was written on.

Travesty of Justice..