• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, Out of the Shadows said:

The fact that 3 people have had to leave the Trump team due to ties and dealings with Russia is significant on its own accord and does not need innuendo from "unnamed sources".

You are ignoring the circumstances under which these people had to leave. The fact of the matter is that the entire Establishment decided to use Russia as a scapegoat when Hillary saw that she would be losing, and the media were delighted to publish lies in order to achieve their objective of undermining Trump.  

It has been admitted on all sides that THERE IS NOT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE to prove any kind of Russian connection between the elections or Trump's campaign.  This has been a smear campaign by everyone, hoping that some of the muck would stick.  It is disgusting and sickening that the NY Times continues to get away with publishing garbage while people attack Infowars (which has become credible enough to expose these lies).

This was all a strategy to deflect attention from the Clinton Crime Syndicate and all their associates, which was a hundred times more serious, but was deliberately suppressed and ignored by the media. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, ruck1b said:

For this Admin.  The fact that you are acting as if there were no Russian ties, and as if the Admin new nothing about them is ridiculous. But hey, no need to debate it.  This is a right wing site, you all will gobble up anything that is right wing, so called conservative and latch on to it with fervor, so need for the unnecessary back and forth.

Come on, ruck, not all of us believe everything coming out of the administration.  I actually support Flynn resigning; no way he was anything but baggage after he lied to the VP.  I support the President but that doesn't mean I support everyone around him.  I'm willing to bet there are more of us who try to be fair than you think.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

Come on, ruck, not all of us believe everything coming out of the administration.  I actually support Flynn resigning; no way he was anything but baggage after he lied to the VP.  I support the President but that doesn't mean I support everyone around him.  I'm willing to bet there are more of us who try to be fair than you think.

sorry for making a blanket statement MG, I should have qualified my statement a bit more. 

1 hour ago, ruck1b said:

sorry for making a blanket statement MG, I should have qualified my statement a bit more. 

Hey, you aren't the first to do so, nor will you be the last.  The political climate is so charged right now that people are freaking out all over  Sometimes I get a headache from watching news.  :blink:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  312
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  09/05/1998

20 hours ago, Steve_S said:

I usually look for an amalgamation of information as opposed to individual sources because things are so polarized now.

I consider both the new york times and infowars to be similar in trustworthyness right now, though, which is near 0, the reason being for inforwars is that it perpetuates conspiracy theory and for the new york times because it allows its editorial board and news room to be full of people who are totally partisan politically and basically now openly so. Why would you trust info from a source who has basically a self avowed desire to destroy a politician, when they are presenting evidence against that politician, especially when the story does not name sources and only names one of the aides in question, nor does it provide any information on the content of the contacts, nor does it even claim that the aides knew they were speaking to russian intelligence officers. Foreign service intelligence officers, by their very nature, are covert. If you called your insurance company and the guy who answers is an intelligence operative working there to maintain a cover, then you have been in contact with a foreign intelligence officer. This is not a typical thing to happen to most people, but it happens. It is a lot more likely to happen in the case of people who foreign governments are attempting to gather intelligence on, such as presidential campaigns of rival nations. I'm not saying this did or did not happen, just that when you run a story like that with significant implications, but are unwilling to really provide any evidence of those implications, you could be doing damage that is unwarranted. The story basically says "we talked to some people and they said that some other people talked to some other people." This is why i distrust the new york times.

What does that mean in practice? 

We can agree that the New York Times has political leanings, although every other form of media does to some extent. There's a significant difference between a reputable newspaper with political bias and straight-up conspiracy theories. 

The article doesn't have any verifiable evidence. It does seem consistent with what we've learned about Russia's involvement in the election as well as the ties it has to the Trump Administration, but obviously that isn't conclusive. We'll have to wait and see. 

I don't believe it is possible to report anything without a bias involved somehow, and it doesn't matter if it's a liberal or a conservative source. So I don't look for unbiased sources when I take in the news.

With that said, there aren't too many news sources that I trust in the US. While I don't believe that bias can be removed, I do believe even with a bias it is possible to report something accurately and fairly, except US based media largely doesn't do that. I don't care if it's Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, the NY Times, Washington Post, or whatever it might be. In fact, I would say the only news source that presents the news accurately and fairly is C-SPAN (I recommend some strong coffee though to get through it). Otherwise I look to the BBC and Sky News.

Regardless though of who reported what and for what reason, this is not a good look for the Trump administration, and he needs to generate some confidence in his administration among the public. And while I don't believe there was collusion, I find it difficult to believe that Trump requested Flynn's resignation for simply lying. I do think there's more to it, but we may never know what that is.

21 hours ago, Tea Ess said:

The New York Times is a reputable news source. It's extremely ironic that you would consider them to be untrustworthy while using InfoWars as a source.

The N.Y. Times IS a reputable news source .... for reporting leftist propaganda. 

2 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The N.Y. Times IS a reputable news source .... for reporting leftist propaganda. 

If you'd like, I could share some actual far left sources. The New York Times is not one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Tea Ess said:

If you'd like, I could share some actual far left sources. The New York Times is not one of them. 

Yes, go ahead.  I try to remain open to learning things I haven't encountered before.  And note; I didn't say 'far left', I said leftist.There IS a difference.

Just now, MorningGlory said:

Yes, go ahead.  I try to remain open to learning things I haven't encountered before.  And note; I didn't say 'far left', I said leftist.There IS a difference.

The most comparable sources to InfoWars on the left would probably include Salon, Al Jazeera, and maybe Buzzfeed. I try to avoid sites like that.