• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

The only thing I can find promised in The Holy Bible is food and clothes. 

I enjoyed your post.  Its good to be reminded that really its My heart for yours.  And even more He says seek me with your whole heart. 

Hi Cletus,

Glad you enjoyed reading what we know is the truth. So good to have so many men, bros, in the Lord standing up & speaking out for this truth.

God bless you, Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, Marilyn C said:

I became aware of what I believe is a hidden lie, in the late `80`s. I have since watched it grow until it now has become a major doctrine in most organised churches.

I believe the Hidden Lie is a perversion of – God`s Plan for your life.

The `fall out` from this grave error is already apparent here on Worthy. People are disillusioned with God because he hasn`t fulfilled their dreams, or others have been asking for money to help fulfil this or that `God`s plan for their life.`

I`ll present what I believe is the Truth & the Lie, & then see what you have to say.

My thoughts on the truth of God`s Plan for our lives.

God`s plan for every believe is to make them like Christ.

`And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren.` (Rom. 8: 28 & 29)

How to become like Christ.

1. Focus on Christ. Learning of Him & His ways. (Heb. 12: 1 & 2,  Eph. 4: 15 & 16)

2. Learning to recognise the Holy Spirit`s promptings. To work with Him to change thoughts & attitudes. (Gal. 5: 16 – 26)

3. Develop a content, humble & thankful heart. (Phil. 2: 3 & 4)

Giftings & abilities, I believe are for serving others. (Eph. 4: 16)

My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught the God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`,

- here are 5 steps to fulfil your destiny.

-here are 7 steps to overcome obstacles to your God given destiny.

-here are 4 reasons the enemy is stopping you fulfilling your destiny, etc, etc.

A lifetime of sermons, as people are always chasing the elusive carrot of `destiny,` always expecting God to give them, make them, successful, important, etc.

How to fulfil your destiny. (lie)

1. Focus on self. Know who YOU are in Christ.

2. Learn the steps & obstacles regarding your destiny.

3. Don`t stop till you get your destiny

To deceive people (& probably deceived themselves) speakers use certain scriptures out of context to back up this grave error.

Have you heard sermons on this? What are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer are big proponents of this nonsense. You really hit it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Ezra said:

Here's what you said:

"My thoughts on the hidden lie of God`s Plan for our lives.

It is taught the God has an (earthly) destiny for each of us, `dream your dream`..."

Now that is definitely not a hidden lie, since our earthly destiny must reflect the earthly ministry of Christ.  And there is nothing wrong with dreaming your dreams, provided they are in line with the teachings of the Bible.  

It is not unheard of for God to speak to people in dreams but that in ancient times usually only occurred before the bible was fully committed to paper. And today it seems to only happen in countries where the bible is forbidden. I have heard of Muslims coming to Christ in the Middle East through dreams.

Ecclesiastes 5:7   For in the multitude of dreams and many words [there are] also [divers] vanities: but fear thou God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

6 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

It is not unheard of for God to speak to people in dreams but that in ancient times usually only occurred before the bible was fully committed to paper. And today it seems to only happen in countries where the bible is forbidden. I have heard of Muslims coming to Christ in the Middle East through dreams.

Ecclesiastes 5:7   For in the multitude of dreams and many words [there are] also [divers] vanities: but fear thou God.

Hi ThematrixHasU71,

Glad you also are aware of this `hidden lie` which actually is in full sight & some of the people teaching it. I do believe God gives dreams, but they are for things pertaining to serving others & not some grandiose plan that we will fulfil for our `destiny.` The intent & purpose is wrong.

Thanks for replying. Marilyn.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

God can give dreams as warnings. I think he still does.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

"Know who YOU are in Christ.  "   There is nothing wrong with this.  Read what God has made us to be in Christ in Ephesians 1.  This is our new identity in Christ.  We identify with HIM

Rom 12:1  Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service.Rom 12:2  Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Eph 5:26  that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 

We are cleansed as we read God's Word and conform our ideas to His, transforming our minds.

Mat 6:19  “Don’t lay up treasures for yourselves on the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; Mat 6:20  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume, and where thieves don’t break through and steal; Mat 6:21  for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I have to add that it was the "Four Spiritual Laws", the Holy Spirit Booklet of Campus Crusade and the 10 Basic steps toward Christian Maturity that God used so greatly in my life.  Through this I learned to recognize and walk in the Spirit.  It was exactly what I needed at the time.  That was 1970.   At no time did I associate this new and wonderful plan for my life, the abundant life, to be material in nature.  It was defined as being a fulfilling life, overflowing with contentment and the fruit of the Spirit.  But I went through the whole 3 day seminar and continued with the 10 week Bible Study.   So it was not out of context.

1 hour ago, Willa said:

"Know who YOU are in Christ.  "   There is nothing wrong with this.  Read what God has made us to be in Christ in Ephesians 1.  This is our new identity in Christ.  We identify with HIM

Rom 12:1  Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service.Rom 12:2  Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Eph 5:26  that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 

We are cleansed as we read God's Word and conform our ideas to His, transforming our minds.

Mat 6:19  “Don’t lay up treasures for yourselves on the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; Mat 6:20  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consume, and where thieves don’t break through and steal; Mat 6:21  for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

I have to add that it was the "Four Spiritual Laws", the Holy Spirit Booklet of Campus Crusade and the 10 Basic steps toward Christian Maturity that God used so greatly in my life.  Through this I learned to recognize and walk in the Spirit.  It was exactly what I needed at the time.  That was 1970.   At no time did I associate this new and wonderful plan for my life, the abundant life, to be material in nature.  It was defined as being a fulfilling life, overflowing with contentment and the fruit of the Spirit.  But I went through the whole 3 day seminar and continued with the 10 week Bible Study.   So it was not out of context.

Hi Willa,

Good to read your reply. It reminds me a lot of what I also went through in the `70`s. And you are right, there is nothing wrong with knowing who you are in Christ, however as I showed in the OP that is what this false teaching emphasises. It has a place, but NOT the focus. There in is the deception.

Eph. 5: 26 is actually - `That he might sanctify & cleanse IT with the washing of water by the word.`

The `IT` refers to the Body of Christ & the word `her` has been wrongly put in, in many interpretations.

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

God can give dreams as warnings. I think he still does.

So true Wayne.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Hi Marilyn I really like your post. I sometimes listen to June Hunt. I don't know if you have heard her. She has a radio ministry.  She often quotes the verse I know the plans I have for you one of peace and a future.  I do think this is true if one has relationship with the Father. His plan might not be our plan. He might want us to be in a wheelchair like Jona toda.I am convinced of this that God works out our life so we do become conform into the image of Jesus. I think that is his real purpose. And most times that requires us to suffer in some way. A lot of christians would disagree with me on this.They think the highest purpose is to be happy. Do you know some christians feel full joy when suffering but at the same time they are not happy at that moment.  There are a lot of lies in the church. Good subject sister.

40 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

Hi Marilyn I really like your post. I sometimes listen to June Hunt. I don't know if you have heard her. She has a radio ministry.  She often quotes the verse I know the plans I have for you one of peace and a future.  I do think this is true if one has relationship with the Father. His plan might not be our plan. He might want us to be in a wheelchair like Jona toda.I am convinced of this that God works out our life so we do become conform into the image of Jesus. I think that is his real purpose. And most times that requires us to suffer in some way. A lot of christians would disagree with me on this.They think the highest purpose is to be happy. Do you know some christians feel full joy when suffering but at the same time they are not happy at that moment.  There are a lot of lies in the church. Good subject sister.

Hi Wayne,

Just looking at your interests, I do love Jazz, & fancy your grandfather being bunny Berigan. Well, I would have loved to hear him jam.

Now to our topic. So glad you liked the post. I think so many are deceived by it. Was surprised I didn`t hear from those who sort of believe it & to give scriptures why. Anyway you have brought up the classic scripture that is used. So I am pleased we can have a close look at it.

`For thus says the Lord: After 70 years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you & perform my good word toward you, (Israel) & cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, (Israel), says the Lord, thoughts of peace & not of evil, to give you a future & a hope.

Then you will call upon me & go & pray to me, & I will listen to you. And you will seek me & find me, when you search for me with all your heart. I will be found by you, (Israel) says the Lord, & I will bring you, (Israel) back from your captivity; I will gather you (Israel) from all the nations, & from all the places where I have driven you (Israel), says the Lord, & I will bring you to the place from where I cause you to be carried away captive. `(Jer. 29: 10 - 14)

As we can see this is a specific promise of the Lord to the nation of Israel which is actually in the process of being fulfilled.

Now this brings us to the difficulty that many people have had those wonderful verses given again & again to be applied to them. Now can we just pick & choose verses that were given specifically to Israel, & say, "Yes I`ll have that." No we can`t. However we can learn of God`s faithfulness to a rebellious people, we can learn of His unfailing compassion & mercy. The truth is we learn of God, His character & His purposes. So then we look at what He has specifically promised to us, believers in the Body of Christ.

God has promised to make us like Christ & that nothing can separate us from His love. (Rom. 8: 29  &  35 - 39)

`Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? .....For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.` (Rom. 8: 35 - 39)

For believers it is the Lord who finds us. He draws us to Himself. Whereas when God is talking to Israel in Jer. 29. He is saying that they will need to seek Him & turn from being a rebellious nation. Difference there.

The thing to remember about the scriptures written to Israel (& other nations) is that it is specifically about them. What we can learn is concerning God, His character & His overall purposes for Israel & the nations. The Body of Christ was NOT known & not written about.

regards, Marilyn.