• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

On 2/22/2017 at 10:58 PM, CCole1983 said:

If a Democrat recites "The Lord's Prayer" at a DNC rally, what would your reaction be? "Ohhh, that's terrible! Don't they realize the Democrats stand against God on every issue? They're doing nothing but pandering! They're giving the appearance of righteousness!"

So what makes it okay if a Republican at an RNC rally does the same thing? Is the Republican party so holy and righteous that it has Jesus' seal of approval? Does He endorse all they desire? Last time I checked, Jesus told Pilate that His kingdom was not of this world. and if God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, then I'm not convinced that the Republicans are more in with Him than the Democrats are. I will say the Republicans pay Him more lip service than the Democrats tend to, but that's only because Evangelicals are largely a voting bloc that only matters when elections are taking place.

Yet it's prayers and scripture at partisan rallies that reinforce this perception that the gospel and the GOP are one and the same, and in a fallen world perception is reality.

So saying a prayer at a partisan rally reveals nothing about the faith of the one saying it, because IT COULD BE just a quick way to score some quick Evangelical cred, and because President Trump is in for a massive fight for this term in office he's going to need all the early and consistent support he can get. But it further entrenches the idea that Christianity and the Republican party are one and the same. They're not. They never have been, despite what Jerry Falwell and Jerry Jr, Pat Robertson, Franklin Graham, James Dobson, Robert Jeffress, and Wayne Grudem say.

Why is it to you a partisan thing when people of both parties are Christian. This concerted effort to deligitimize the use of Gods Prayer by anyone in a political framework seems to suggest that you believe that God isn't present within the political spectrum. God is everywhere and in everyone, even those who reject him and make fun of those of us who do. he made us and he made some of us politicians, because he put that desire into their hearts.  Just because politics has become so toxic is not because God is not there. It is because those politicians who look away from God are seen by Satan and he places his influence in them as a tool to reach others.  That doesn't mean that those use the Lords Prayer  are the same one's that are affiliated with Satan and to use, as you say The Lords Prayer to cater to evangelicals. I don't think that God would allow anyone to get away with that and if he didn't stop the false reciter he would relate the truth of that deception to those same evangelicals through the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 2/22/2017 at 5:02 PM, CCole1983 said:

And if showing up and reciting a model prayer at a partisan political rally....
was the only means by which our light could shine....

I'd agree with you....
As it is not....
I don't....

:mgdetective:

The

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:2-4 ( New International Version)

LORD My God

“When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get. But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

“When you pray, don’t babble on and on as people of other religions do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again. Don’t be like them, for your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! Pray like this: Matthew 6:5-9 (New Living Translation)

Speaks HIS "Model" Believer's Prayer

Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” And he said to them, “When you pray, say:

“Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread,and forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation.” Luke 11:1-4 ( English Standard Version)

~

On 2/22/2017 at 5:32 PM, Churchmouse said:

What is really striking is the hypocrisy of attaching ill will to someone....
for assuming they are doing the same....
by attaching The Lords prayer....
to an event ....

:24:

Amen~! How Dare A Daughter Of The KING

‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out My Spirit on all people; your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on My servants, both men and women, I will pour out My Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. Acts 2:17-18 (Berean Study Bible)

Pray The Words Of Christ

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10:17 (New American Standard Bible)

In Public

Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14:13 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

:laugh:

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

It seems the argument against using the Lords Prayer is one that forgets one aspect of the forces that react upon this world. We have God, We have man and then we have Satan. I don't think Satan would want anything to do with what Jesus has brought into this world. He tried once and failed utterly.  I don't know about man other than what he is capable of and seeing the state of the world, I can imagine no boundaries other than those set up by God that he could rise above or fall to and I think that is the crox of the argument we have heard here. We simply don't know and my question to everybody is are we supposed to know?

Are we as Christian supposed to know what is in the hearts of others and would we really like to know the hearts of others, in the first place? What would we do with that information. Would we be wise enough to tell where the path of that person will take him or her? Would we just be able to see a snapshot of the state of that person's heart at that moment? Would we be able to go back and understand why this person's heart is in this condition. Maybe he, like some of us were raised in turmoil and reared in chaos so intently that he or she was not able to love because they simply have never been shown it?

You know the one that is so miraculous about Gods creation, MAN is that when the body senses that it is in danger the body will go into survival mode. If a person goes on a diet, dose not the metabolism strate feeding upon the fat reserves to keep it going? When the body gets too cold, does not the circulation shut down at the extremities to keep the warm blood around the vital areas of the body, for the same reason. Why should not the heart follow this same guidelines and place the warmth, joy and kindness that we are all aware we have inside us in a state of survival mode? why would the heart not shut down the expenditure of emotion when there is nothing and no one around them to replenish what that heart expends?

Can we see the point in time that if given enough love in large enough measure for long enough a time that will collapse this blockage of fear and anxiety and let the flood gates of that soul flow free? Would we, having the knowledge of such coldness of heart be able to see what this person will become if shown this love?

We don't have this power. We don't have this power because we don't have the ability to use it and we would most likely kill each other off or make bigger monsters of those who need and deserve the benefit of a doubt to allow them enough time to at least stop the bleeding of the spirit that drains from those who feel they are truly alone in a world of nothing.   There are two types of hurt in this world. There is the physical hurt that leaves scars we can see, because they are on the outside and they scab over and heal quickly. Then there is the hurts that can't be seen, because they are on the inside and run far deeper than any other wound. They too scab over in time but they never go away, unless touched by he who made us all and knows how to press the reboot switch.

This is, what I think may very well be going on here. We have a member here who has been wounded in his/her soul by the incessant clammier of self centered, self interested, power grabbing and power mongering, fear flailing and fear mongering servants of Satan in our political system that he/she has simply shut down all avenues of though other than to automatically bestow the evil intent of usury on anything that has any political stench to it, when it comes to the addition of religion. I had no idea where I was going with this when I started and up to the last I didn't know where it was going. It changed in my head so many times as I thought about it, so I truly thing the Holy Spirit guided me.  I had thought that we should give the first lady a break on this, because of what she did, but It ended up with the need to have compassion on the person who is, I think truly suffering and that, to me is the person among us who seems to be hurt so much by the malus of this world that he/she can not get past the idea that politicians aren't capable of acting out the message of our Lord in reciting the Lords pray.

I think we need to get down on your knees and pray, not only for this person, but for all of us and the world itself.

I don't know about you others but I was trapped in the mindset of skepticism about this man as he was skeptical of the first lady. It took a full nigh and into this morning for that reality to sink in and I know I owe this person an apology for my own prejudice in his matter.  I praise God for sending him here so I could, yet again learn a lesson of humility and understanding, but most of all not to let the evils of the outside world turn my heart against giving a fellow human being the same chances that I have asked for just recently.

Praise God in the highest for that is where he resides upon his throne. Thank him for his strength, wisdom and guidance, because without him we would be nothing but scavengers surviving as best we can in a world of chaos.

Praise the lord.

Edited by Churchmouse