• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

17 minutes ago, BacKaran said:

I know Bob DeWaay as it was his preaching that exposed me to hermanuetics and expository sermons.

I told my husband, I don't care if gas goes up to $50 a gallon, we are driving to hear Bob tell the MEAT of the Bible to those who are hungering for God's deeper Truths, we are way past the baby milk stage.

Ryan Habbena, preaching under Bob's tutilage, began a sister church in the East side of town and Bob's brother attends the with me and others.

Bob tells the Truth and if it seems blunt, that is the purpose of his messages.

Hell is not pretty, and if that's what it takes, pictures of hell and brimstone, to get people thinking seriously about their eternity, than Bob has done his job.

Is it love to let people remain in sin or with just the basics of the Gospel when they can dig deeper into God's Word?  Ryan has a radio show called Digging deeper and it's on audio sermon.com  as well.

People Should fear the future without God!

That's a great question... Are you ready to die?

I'm not afraid to die because I know Christ as my Savior and Christ was not shy about being blunt. He was a radical in His day, it's all in the Bible.

Bob is right on with God. His commentaries are wonderful letters of how to apply God's love in daily life.

Now Bob has different escathelogical beliefs than I but that's not a salvation issue. He is my brother in Christ.

John MacArthur is another wonderful preacher of God's. Again he is pretrib and I'm pre wrath, again, it's not a salvation or Gospel issue. We Can differ on things.

As a born again sinner in Christ, those who call me self righteous are those who are still bound in sin or who remain in error in their understanding of what the Bible really says and their hermanuetics.

Christ believers are not self righteous, we boast in nothing but Christ who did it all for all who are saved in His righteousness.

Bob is bold, people may not like that but he always tells The TRUTH. Just as Christ did, Bob will offend those who are perishing in sin.

I thank God for leading me to Bob DeWaay and John MacArthur and Paul Washer and Justin Peters and Martha Mac and the SO4J team, Ray Comfort and his team.

God's grown me so much in the last ten years, I cannot have imagined I would be bold aka confident enough to witness to others and asking others.. are you ready to die? What happens after you die? Do you know the Gospel message?

Hell is full of believers like the rich man... They didn't believe until they went to hell that Christ is who He said He is and now sadly they they learned the Truth to late.

Peoples actions aka sins and disbelief have consequences and hell or heaven is a conscious choice people make before they die.

There's no sugar coating the life of a born again Christian, it's a hard life but the rewards are eternal!

I listened to John MacArthur last night on the website you provided the link for. It's a good website. There's a lot to read and quite a few videos to watch. I did have to go to You Tube to watch some of the videos. Maybe the website ran out of bandwidth. I don't know because I'm not an expert on computer science.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BacKaran
2 minutes ago, JTC said:

I listened to John MacArthur last night on the website you provided the link for. It's a good website. There's a lot to read and quite a few videos to watch. I did have to go to You Tube to watch some of the videos. Maybe the website ran out of bandwidth. I don't know because I'm not an expert on computer science.

JTC, 

I'm using my phone, I don't have a computer so I understand slooooow speeds on YouTube!

John's books are wonderful. I suggest thrift books.com to buy cheap books. I usually pay$3-$5 for used books and there's free shipping also.

Have you read The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyon? A great book, I give it out to people visiting our church, it's that good! 

Keep up on the learning and understanding of Gods word. I encourage everyone to Always ask questions!

Some days I have so many ah ha moments with God I feel like my head will explode! 

I look forward to what He had to teach us in heaven!

Blessings to you,

Karan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Karan, No I never read Pilgrims Progress but back in the 1980's there was a Christian radio station that read it on the air at Christmastime so I heard most of it. I used to listen to it at work, it was very good. Nowadays I'm having an eye problem and reading has become difficult.

God Bless.

Guest BacKaran
23 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I wouldn't pay $3-$5 for that book when it is free online. It is good but I liked Bunyan's Holy War better :)

Hi

I like to have a book in my hands vs my phone. I will check out Bunyons Holy War, thank you! ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, BacKaran said:

http://so4j.com/gospel-of-jesus-christ

Wonderful true Christian site with the Truth and exposing of fakes preachers teachers and prophets.

Let me know what you think.

Karan ?

I am DeWaay, De Truth.....sorry had to go there. :)

Not trying to mock him, if he is a genuine believer, its an appropriate name

Guest BacKaran

Matrix, your are so fun knee!!

Lol?

13 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I am DeWaay, De Truth.....sorry had to go there. :)

Not trying to mock him, if he is a genuine believer, its an appropriate name

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,592
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 3/7/2017 at 1:09 PM, BacKaran said:

http://so4j.com/gospel-of-jesus-christ

Wonderful true Christian site with the Truth and exposing of fakes preachers teachers and prophets.

Let me know what you think.

Karan ?

What I think is that there is controversy  here, if the man, Bob DeWaay, was let go  by his church after pastoring there for twenty years.

The article at the  link following tells a tale- don't know if it is correct or not, and don't know if it affects his message anyway. But, it does tell a tale if true  of  some serious personal character flaw, one that might  elicit sympathy and or empathy. In any case, if this has been his personal behavior, it is certainly seems to  disqualify such a man from being pastor at a body of Christ. 

The link to the story of his alcohol induced illness is at http://www.solasisters.com/2011/06/sin-church-discipline-and-thoughts.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,592
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

I don't believe there is a controversy. He had a 'secret' alcohol problem and when confronted, he stepped down and submitted to discipline. Matter over.

Unfortunately he was deceptive, all while criticizing others over many separate issues of personal behavior and beliefs. Deception is his sin, the alcoholism and disease is  a result of that sin, and not the sin itself. Alcoholism with it's disease would not have flourished without the deception.

The article is I think rather excellent in tone and overall description. I'll leave it to individual readers of the two part article whether it is sympathetic to the man's plight as a deceiver or not. Personally I find it to be a good testimony of the article writer's understanding of what it is to be Christian.

As for me, it seems ( to me ) that the finger pointers that jump up and down hollering false teacher false teacher are often diverting attention away from their own failings, whether they be famous or just a poster on a board somewhere. Personally I think Jesus is more tolerant of us than we are of each other.

Guest BacKaran

Hi,

I attended Bob's church and yes, he used alcohol to sleep. Then it became an addiction and he lost control. There was already a split happening in the church due to escathelogical differences and Bob stepped down after confessing his sin to the congregation.

Then people split on whether he should remain in the church or leave. He left and half the church went with him, some went to Ryan's sister church in the east suburbs, where I go and the rest stayed at TCF. 

Bob was very repentful, took time off to deal with his constant health issues, and with encouragement from other elders, he is now back to preaching the Truth.

That's exactly what the Bible says should happen and did happen.

I'm very glad to have Bob as my brother in Christ. Bob is a godly man after God's own heart.

YOWM, you are correct. If only the name it claim it, faith and health, live your best life now, prosperity false preachers would confess and turn to His Truth instead of selling it, just think how many people would be in The Word.

I'm reading Adrian Rogers book. Interestingly enough, my brother wanted to ask if his girlfriend could move in with him in my basement. He said we'll pay you! I said I can't compromise. He didn't understand me. I said I can't compromise with God. He says..Oh oh, well your son had his girlfriend live with you...I said that was before I was born again.

So if we get married, it's OK. That's correct I said but don't get married to save on money... He said they've talked about marriage so.....I did thank him for understanding my view...

Adrian's book had this to say which was so timely.... Please read below.

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

My main point is that when a repentant brother turns from their sin, we are to restore such a one. The difference is with some of the exposed hucksters running around the airwaves, when exposed and called on their heresies, they don't repent but keep spewing out their poison.

IMG_20170308_170434.jpg

IMG_20170308_170311.jpg