• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

17 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Of all the years I have listened to Dr. Charles Stanley on television, radio, read a couple of his books and a number of his devotions I have never disagreed with what he has said. He is right on in my opinion with Scripture.I can not say that of any other Pastor. There are a couple of things that I disagree with on "Got Questions" which I post a lot. As far as another Christian, I will not give them any kind of endorsement. There are some views that I support and some that I do not. I really do not give another human being that much power.

You are wise to give nobody but Jesus power in your life, but that is not what we are talking about.  Agreeing with someone does not equate to giving them power over you.  It only means you agree with them.

I really like Stanley's teaching as I have watched him for years, but I do not agree with 100% of his theology.  I also like other preachers/teachers, but I don't agree 100% with them either.  The more one learns of someone, the probability that they will find something in which they have to disagree with become greater.  That is why we are all different as we see from different points of view.  Look at the four Gospels.  They do not agree with each other 100%.  They are all true, but where one sees something one way, the other saw it a little different.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You are wise to give nobody but Jesus power in your life, but that is not what we are talking about.  Agreeing with someone does not equate to giving them power over you.  It only means you agree with them.

I really like Stanley's teaching as I have watched him for years, but I do not agree with 100% of his theology.  I also like other preachers/teachers, but I don't agree 100% with them either.  The more one learns of someone, the probability that they will find something in which they have to disagree with become greater.  That is why we are all different as we see from different points of view.  Look at the four Gospels.  They do not agree with each other 100%.  They are all true, but where one sees something one way, the other saw it a little different.

There are very few fellow Christians that I agree with 100%. Why do you not agree with other preachers/teachers 100%. Not one?

The Bible tells us that we are suppose to know the true literal words of God so well that we can spot a counterfeit immediately. That is my goal. I think that I have good discernment. There is only one word of God. It is suppose to be interpreted literally. If a person tries to give those word his own meaning that is where you have a counterfeit.

1 minute ago, Davida said:

I've listened to Charles Stanley and I'm the same, there are some things once in a while ,I don't agree with but these don't amount to much. Differences in the little things does not make as a False teacher.

There are Biblical issues that we should not divide over as Christians such as OSAS and if a person is pre,mid or post trib. There are other things that can not be denied such as a deity of Jesus Christ and the Holy Trinity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

He is not a false teacher. But a little boring at times lol. I still would listen to him.

1 minute ago, Wayne222 said:

He is not a false teacher. But a little boring at times lol. I still would listen to him.

What do you call not boring? What gets your attention?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

It's just the way he talks. He makes you wait a lot and he pauses too much. He has a thing he says it goes listen now listen. 

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

There are very few fellow Christians that I agree with 100%. Why do you not agree with other preachers/teachers 100%. Not one?

The Bible tells us that we are suppose to know the true literal words of God so well that we can spot a counterfeit immediately. That is my goal. I think that I have good discernment. There is only one word of God. It is suppose to be interpreted literally. If a person tries to give those word his own meaning that is where you have a counterfeit.

We are not perfect, not one of us.  There will always be something we disagree with.  That is nature in action.  I suggest that if you think you agree with someone 100%, you have either not listened close enough, researched what they have said and placed it beside scripture enough, or just have not known them long enough.  The word enough is in every example.  It is our duty as Christians to take the very words we hear from someone who is trying to teach us something and place it beside scripture to see if it lines up with scripture.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Davida said:

Extremist fundamentalism? that was words from the Hillary. Ya lost me at that phrase...

Hillary did not coin the phrase. Extremist fundamentalism makes news regularly. And has for years. 

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

We are not perfect, not one of us.  There will always be something we disagree with.  That is nature in action.  I suggest that if you think you agree with someone 100%, you have either not listened close enough, researched what they have said and placed it beside scripture enough, or just have not known them long enough.  The word enough is in every example.  It is our duty as Christians to take the very words we hear from someone who is trying to teach us something and place it beside scripture to see if it lines up with scripture.

That is true. We are all sinners and we will not come to perfection until we are in heaven. That is why I have never heard anything Dr. Charles Stanley has said that has not lined up with Scripture. If you have please share.

Just now, missmuffet said:

That is true. We are all sinners and we will not come to perfection until we are in heaven. That is why I have never heard anything Dr. Charles Stanley has said that has not lined up with Scripture. If you have please share.

I could, but you will disagree with me, so I will not.  The point is, if you studied his theology long enough, you will find something you would disagree with as he is not Jesus, but only a human like you and I.