Rick-Parker

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

But I still like him. He is God's servant. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

There is a very serious warning in the book of Revelation. Why is that?

Revelation 22:18-19  For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

40 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

But I still like him. He is God's servant. 

I agree. No human is perfect. However, Dr.Charles Stanley is a man of God. And I think this thread was intended to represent a positive observation regarding his ministry . Being the Controversial topics forum is the fitting place for that which would think to state otherwise. 

It is unfortunate if a positive thread cannot have a long life in this community.  

39 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

There is a very serious warning in the book of Revelation. Why is that?

Revelation 22:18-19  For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

You do understand John was speaking of the book of prophecy that is revelation? 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Jewels7 said:

You do understand John was speaking of the book of prophecy that is revelation? 

Yes, I do understand that. Does that mean that we can take away or add to the words of the other books of the Bible?

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Yes, I do understand that. Does that mean that we can take away or add to the words of the other books of the Bible?

Thanks. I was just wanting to clarify. 

48 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I could, but you will disagree with me, so I will not.  The point is, if you studied his theology long enough, you will find something you would disagree with as he is not Jesus, but only a human like you and I.

You do realize no one is claiming Dr.Stanley is like unto Jesus? What is being discussed here is the positive of his ministry. And that is not detracted from because someone may disagree with what he says. As we are all not going to agree with everything every pastor has to say about the scriptures. Just as we don't agree with one another always in how we understand them. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, Jewels7 said:

You do realize no one is claiming Dr.Stanley is like unto Jesus? What is being discussed here is the positive of his ministry. And that is not detracted from because someone may disagree with what he says. As we are all not going to agree with everything every pastor has to say about the scriptures. Just as we don't agree with one another always in how we understand them. 

You misunderstood what I meant.  By saying Stanley is not Jesus was not a slam.  You should of followed the conversation to see what I meant.  I meant that he is not 100% correct, and neither is anyone else.  I was trying to explain why people do not agree with others 100%.  The only one we could ever agree with 100% is Jesus.

As for In Touch Ministries, this is one of the best I have found.  I also like Alistair Begg's Truth For Life, but I don't agree with everything he says either.

10 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You misunderstood what I meant.  By saying Stanley is not Jesus was not a slam.  You should of followed the conversation to see what I meant.  I meant that he is not 100% correct, and neither is anyone else.  I was trying to explain why people do not agree with others 100%.  The only one we could ever agree with 100% is Jesus.

As for In Touch Ministries, this is one of the best I have found.  I also like Alistair Begg's Truth For Life, but I don't agree with everything he says either.

You misunderstood, I didn't say it was a slam. I didn't accuse. I asked a question. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Of course not hence the scripture in proverbs

Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.