• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

15 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

if that is the case, then he is a false teacher then.

And so are every single one of us as we are not perfect.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

Nonsense. Every preacher on earth would qualify for that label if it were true. 

The literal word of God does not exist for us today. The autographs are lost to us. Therefore "literal" does not ever apply. If one thought it should, then there would be 612 laws we'd still obey to this day as followers of the Jew's messiah. Jesus was a Jew not a Christian. He stated he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill the law. He also said not one jot nor tittle would pass from the law until all is accomplished. Not all is accomplished being Jesus ministry included the teaching that he would return again. Not all prophecy is fulfilled either. Jesus knew all things happen in their time.

Therefore, if there were such a thing as the literal word of God, there would have to be such a thing as the literal obedient servant of the word of God.
Which would result in pain and carnage among the people of God because the Mitzvahs would literally apply.  
Today there are Christians that will tell you the ten commands no longer apply! Because they say Jesus nailed the law to the cross. No he didn't. He stated that wasn't what he was here to do. (Abolish) 

Charles Stanley is not a false teacher. This thread was started not to go down the road of that one that is in Controversial topics forum wherein those accusations against Charles Stanley are published. 
I think if someone insists on calling Dr.Stanley a false teacher they should go there and do so. Because that is on topic. This thread topic is just the opposite. 

And I thought part of the terms of use here and the rules for posting concerned remaining on topic. The false teacher allegation against Dr.Stanley is not the topic of this thread. 

Are we as Christians incapable of keeping this thread positive? Are we incapable of respecting the original author of it and their opinion of high esteem concerning Dr.Stanley? Thinking otherwise, are we incapable of going to the proper forum and discussing our opposing opinion in that proper place? 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

I will say this and leave.

You will know them by their fruit

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  713
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

This is true. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Just now, worthy said:

Amen, and Charles Stanley has this fruit.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

23 minutes ago, Redemption79 said:

That is your opinion. I do not see it. Your interpretation of Scripture and Dr. Stanley's may be different.

An excellent Pastor will say "I am not perfect. I make mistakes and I am only human".

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Amen, and Charles Stanley has this fruit.

Exactly. He loves the Lord. I have observed that.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

"Watch this". "Listen, Listen", are two phrases you would hear often in his sermons.  Mr. Charles Stanley is a solid pastor and Bible teacher.    When i was going through some very trying time of spiritual warfare, with no one to turn to really, his sermons were a blessing and comfort and encouragement to press on.  Yes, he had some trials in his life too, but he is still in this sinful world like we are and the devil is not a respecter of any person and will tempt and bring  aggravations to try us.  

One distinctive trait you will hear him mention in his sermons is his mother who he heaped praises for guiding him in his early years. His father was not in his life, i forgot why.  He will often show how a Godly mother persistent prayer and teaching him the right way of walking with the Lord was a blessing to his life and would pass that teachings on to his listeners.    For the naysayers, why not listen to a few of his sermons and come back with a report.   

I use to look forward every Sunday for his weekly sermon and his sermon would hit home.   He would also hold and read the Bible from his hand and not use the pulpit for the entire service, that must have been very tiring, but he did it.  Now  that he is old, he uses the pulpit.  May God bless Mr. Stanley and his ministry.  

I agree with Onelight . Every pastor will preach what he interprets the Bible to mean to him and for sure, there will always be some who would not disagree with those interpretations. 

Edited by warrior12

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I've heard Stanley now and then, not my favorite but neither would I dare call him a false teacher. My 2 ¢ .

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Who is your favorite?