• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

11 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

The Church (Dead and Alive) is Raptured.....(First Resurrection). Then after the Tribulation, those Killed by the Anti-Christ who were MARTYRS/Beheaded  (These are the Martyrs under the Alter who are told to WAIT) will be Raised from the dead after the Anti-Christ has been Killed......(They are ALSO the First Resurrection) they will live and rein with Christ Jesus for the 1000 years on Earth. 

Then 1000 years later Satan is loosed, some men follow him, and God destroys them with Fire. The BRIDE is in Heaven (New Jerusalem) and she comes down and is called the CITY in Rev 21, just like the HARLOT is called a CITY (Babylon) in Rev. 17:18. 

That means we are in Heaven for the 1000 years then come down or they come up however its going to work. 

Shalom, Revelation Man.

Sorry, but that's BACKWARDS! It's not the Bride that is called the city; it's the city that is called the "Bride!"

<Sigh.> Look at it AGAIN:

Revelation 21:1-2
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
KJV

Revelation 21:9-10
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,...
KJV

In the first case, John uses the simile "AS a bride." The city comes down out of the sky prepared LIKE a bride on her wedding day!

In the second case, John uses the metaphor, "the bride, the Lamb's wife," to record the messenger's words. And, notice this: The messenger doesn't show John a group of people; he shows him the CITY!

Now, in your first paragraph, all you're doing is spouting off the rhetoric of your theological position. You've given NO Scriptural evidence to support your view; you've simply ALLUDED to Scriptures and HOPE that I will see them the same way as you see them. I DON'T!

And, why would anyone want to be in the sky for 1000 years?!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

True ... the bride is the city

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

True ... the bride is the city

Shalom, Daniel 11:36.

No, the city is the bride! Read for understanding, not to prove yourself right!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

You and I will have to disagree on this one

• Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

4 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

No, the city is the bride! Read for understanding, not to prove yourself right!

There should be no disagreement; when Revelation 21:2 is read as Written. ....made ready as a bride.....  AS; similar to, like, but not actually a bride.

You are both wrong!  Jesus' Bride, is the true Christian Church, Rev 19:7-8,  not a city, which is the place John 14:1-3 also prophesied about.

1 hour ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

You and I will have to disagree on this one

Shalom, Daniel 11:36.

Why?! Have you not been reading the Scriptures? Who comprises the "church?" Is there a difference between Jew and Gentile within Christ? If the "church" is comprised of Jews as well as Gentiles, then why would THEY be excluded from the Kingdom here on this earth for the 1000 years?

They would NOT be excluded, and if the body is to be complete, then neither will WE who are Gentiles!

The ONLY satisfying conclusion is that we ALL shall be on the earth during the 1000 years, participating in the Kingdom of God through His Christ - His Messiah - His Representative to this earth as its King of kings!

The New Jerusalem, that which is the description of this place everybody calls "heaven," does not come into play until AFTER the Millennium and AFTER the GWTJ which is AFTER the Fire!

1 hour ago, Keras said:

There should be no disagreement; when Revelation 21:2 is read as Written. ....made ready as a bride.....  AS; similar to, like, but not actually a bride.

You are both wrong!  Jesus' Bride, is the true Christian Church, Rev 19:7-8,  not a city, which is the place John 14:1-3 also prophesied about.

Shalom, Keras.

That would SEEM right, except for Revelation 21:9-10:

Revelation 21:9-10
9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
KJV

The "bride, the Lamb's wife," is NOT the "true Christian Church" (which is a theological construct meant to sound so noble and "spiritual"); it's "that great CITY, the holy Jerusalem!" IT'S A METAPHOR!

Revelation 19:7-8 is part of this:

Revelation 19:5-9
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
KJV

Verse 5 notes that we are ALL God's servants, ones who fear Him! We are to be glad and rejoice and give honor to Him for "the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife has made herself ready." In other words, the New Jerusalem is COMPLETE!

To her was granted that she should be dressed in fine, clean, and white linen, the righteousness of the holy ones!

Did you know that the original model of the New Jerusalem, once known as "Enoch's pillar," and today called the "Great Pyramid of Giza," was originally covered in a white limestone encasement?

At completion, the Great Pyramid was surfaced by white “casing stones” – slant-faced, but flat-topped, blocks of highly polished white limestone. These were carefully cut to give them the required dimensions, and when finished they would have given the pyramid a smooth, flat finish. Visibly, all that remains is the underlying stepped core structure seen today. In AD 1303, a massive earthquake loosened many of the outer casing stones, which were then carted away by Bahri Sultan An-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din al-Hasan in 1356 to build mosques and fortresses in nearby Cairo. Many more casing stones were removed from the great pyramids by Muhammad Ali Pasha in the early 19th century to build the upper portion of his Alabaster Mosque in Cairo, not far from Giza.

from The Vintage News.

However, you ARE right that this is the same home that is prophesied by Yeshua` in John 14:1-3.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

Retrobyter,

I stand corrected.  I am guilty of not reading further into the context, something I have had to correct others on!  My main task is to warn people about the forthcoming Day of the Lords wrath

However, I read your 2 posts above and am in full agreement with them.  The 'true Christian Church', comprises of every individual  born again believer, people from every race, nation and language and it is them who will participate in the Marriage Supper and will eventually inhabit the Holy City. Rev 22:14

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 5/9/2017 at 1:14 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

True....
the bride is the city....

~

On 5/9/2017 at 4:15 PM, Retrobyter said:

No....
the city is the bride....

:sherlock:

It Seems To Me

And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. Revelation 21:19-22

That Believers ARE The City

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

It Seems....

:emot-heartbeat:

12 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

~

:sherlock:

It Seems To Me

And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. Revelation 21:19-22

That Believers ARE The City

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2:5

It Seems....

:emot-heartbeat:

Shalom, Fresno Joe.

Sorry, bro', but it's a different building. See, 1 Peter 2:5 is part of the following:

1 Peter 1:22-2:10
22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth, so that you have a sincere love for your brothers, love each other deeply, with all your heart. 23 You have been born again not from some seed that will decay, but from one that cannot decay, through the living Word of God that lasts forever. 24 For

all humanity is like grass,
all its glory is like a wildflower —
the grass withers, and the flower falls off;
25 but the Word of Adonai lasts forever. (Isaiah 40:6-8)

Moreover, this Word is the Good News which has been proclaimed to you. 
2:1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice, of all deceit, hypocrisy and envy, and of all the ways there are of speaking against people; 2 and be like newborn babies, thirsty for the pure milk of the Word; so that by it, you may grow up into deliverance. 3 For you have tasted that Adonai is good. 
4 As you come to him, the living stone, rejected by people but chosen by God and precious to him, 5 you yourselves, as living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be cohanim set apart for God to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to him through Yeshua the Messiah. 6 This is why the Tanakh says,

“Look! I am laying in Tziyon a stone,
a chosen and precious cornerstone;
and whoever rests his trust on it
will certainly not be humiliated.” (Isaiah 28:16)

7 Now to you who keep trusting, he is precious. But to those who are not trusting,

“The very stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone”; (Psalm 118:22)

8 also he is

a stone that will make people stumble,
a rock over which they will trip. (Isaiah 8:14)

They are stumbling at the Word, disobeying it — as had been planned. 9 But you are a chosen people, the King’s cohanim, a holy nation, a people for God to possess! Why? In order for you to declare the praises of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; before, you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. 

CJB

This is talking about us being part of God's TEMPLE as priests (cohaniym), but in the New Jerusalem there is NO Temple!