IGNORED

Is Maryology Idolatry?

Spock

Guest Judas Machabeus
6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

So when Pope Francis says that Atheists can go to heaven, you just follow what he says?      It reminds me of what the Mormons say.   They believe that when their leaders speak/teach, the thinking has already been done. 

That's not what I said Shiloh. And I know you're a smart man so I feel you're being a bit dishonest with this comment. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, Judas Machabeus said:

That's not what I said Shiloh. And I know you're a smart man so I feel you're being a bit dishonest with this comment. 

So you don't know the catholics dumbed down even forbid the study of Scripture literally for hundreds of years?

2 Timothy 3:15 (KJV)

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Come on now.... clearly it is not of Godexclamation thumbsup.jpg

Guest Judas Machabeus
Just now, enoob57 said:

So you don't know the catholics dumbed down even forbid the study of Scripture literally for hundreds of years?

That was rude and has nothing to do with my comment to Shiloh or his to me. This is purily an unprovoked attack against the Catholic Church. 

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Well, you can't have it both ways.  Either he speaks for the RCC or he doesn't.   No, being dishonest is pretending that when Catholics ask Mary for guidance and help, they are really only asking her to pray for them, or that it's no different than us asking other Christians to pray for us.  THAT's what is dishonest.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Judas Machabeus said:

That was rude and has nothing to do with my comment to Shiloh or his to me. This is purily an unprovoked attack against the Catholic Church. 

Really :o 
I thought it quite apropos... the catholic religion has fruit for all to examine unles they are taught not to question but to blindly follow- that is the point Shiloh was making!
Was it not true? Is it not an undeniable history? I'm sorry you feel the need to defend against the truth but there it is exclamation thumbsup.jpg

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

14 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

.... This is purily an unprovoked attack against the Catholic Church. 

Well,  there's 2 possibilities it seems:

the rcc is right,  and the world will attack it.

the rcc is wrong, and the righteous saints will expose/attack it.

Either way,  expose or attack is unavoidable.

Guest Judas Machabeus
28 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Well, you can't have it both ways.  Either he speaks for the RCC or he doesn't.   No, being dishonest is pretending that when Catholics ask Mary for guidance and help, they are really only asking her to pray for them, or that it's no different than us asking other Christians to pray for us.  THAT's what is dishonest.

Guess I was wrong. 

Cheers

Guest shiloh357
33 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

It is true, though.  The Catholic Church murdered people like John Wycliffe who translated Scripture into the language of the people and away from the Latin Vulgate.  

The way you keep people under your control is to keep them poor and keep them dumb.   Have a Bible no one can read and they have to depend on you to tell them what it says, you can pretty much make stuff (like paying indulgences, purgatory, etc.)

The RCC for centuries was a bloodthirsty organization.  Even some of the Popes murdered their way into the papacy (so much for apostolic succession).  The historical RCC was never Christian.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

There was a time not too long ago when RCC teaching and RCC bashing was not allow.  It was then decided to allow RCC teaching in hopes that an honest discussion about the RCC doctrine could be had in peace.  This thread reminds me that not all good ideas bring forth good fruit.

Thread locked but not deleted.  Let the reader be convinced by the words of the posters as to what is true.