• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Davida said:

I believe the Bible states that the raptured saints will be returning with the Lord.  

1Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."   The Lord Returns and we saints will be with Him. 

The quote from 1Thess 4 that you give says that the dead in Christ are resurrected at the Lord's return and that the living rise up together with the resurrected "dead in Christ" to meet the Lord' in the air

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Shiloh,

Adam needed sleep but he would not have been tired throughout the day, he would not have had damage to his body or have died.

Now what of the human, do you believe that Mary passed on? How was the Lord part of the human race?

Marilyn.

Amen. And even after the fall Adam lived over 900 years in an age when their were "giants" according to Genesis 6. Adam's children were also long-lived and giants compared to man today... so also was Adam.

20 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

I didn`t say that Jesus` death was a result of a fallen state. I agree that He gave up his spirit, however his body then died.

As to Adam, well if he could have had injury then a serious one would lead to death which was not at that time.

Now you didn`t answer as regards to Mary. What part did she give the Lord or do you think that she just carried what the Holy Spirit placed there?

Marilyn.

Of the tree of life it is said "the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations" Adam had access to it. And God said in Genesis 3 "lest he stretch forth his hand and eat from it... and live forever".

It is just as you say.

11 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Well you would have to scripturally show why.

For people to believe that we the Body of Christ will come back to earth, then there needs to be clear scriptural evidence of such.

Marilyn.

Saints are raptured in 1 Thess 4 (both the living and the dead) but they do not come back to earth until in Rev 20-21 when God and the Angels and the Holy City come to earth - after the 1000 year millennium and all the saints are already resurrected at that point -  because that resurrection of the saints is the "First resurrection" and takes place at the start of the 1000 years ... at the Rev 19 second coming event. The rapture of the saints -- both the living and the dead.

Not sure what this has to do with the immaculate conception.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Saints are raptured in 1 Thess 4 (both the living and the dead) but they do not come back to earth until in Rev 20-21 when God and the Angels and the Holy City come to earth - after the 1000 year millennium and all the saints are already resurrected at that point -  because that resurrection of the saints is the "First resurrection" and takes place at the start of the 1000 years ... at the Rev 19 second coming event. The rapture of the saints -- both the living and the dead.

Not sure what this has to do with the immaculate conception.

Hi Bob,

:( Not sure either. Probably better wind up soon.

Now in Rev. 20: 4 I only see those who had been beheaded, that come back to life  for the 1,000 years. Where are the others?

Marilyn.

On 4/15/2017 at 2:54 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Bob,

:( Not sure either. Probably better wind up soon.

Now in Rev. 20: 4 I only see those who had been beheaded, that come back to life  for the 1,000 years. Where are the others?

Marilyn.

Rev 20 says  the dead are divided into two groups:-

In the first resurrection we have these groups -

Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who

A: had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God,

B: and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand;

and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 

(You have picked one of the groups in the first resurrection) But it also includes those saints who have not worshiped the beast. There is a sense in which you and I might fall into that category.

For those in the second group we have this description

The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. 

Then back to the first group again:

This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

===========================

Those in the first resurrection are the saints - "blessed and holy" and they reign with Christ for 1000 years. Over these the 2nd death has no power.

By extension those in the second resurrection are not the "blessed and holy" and the 2nd death does have power over them.. and they are "the rest of the dead". A very large group.

2 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Hi BobRyan,

Now that would make a very interesting discussion, but for now I`ll have to bow out as we are way past this topic on this thread. Hope we can continue on another thread.

Marilyn.

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi BobRyan,

Now that would make a very interesting discussion, but for now I`ll have to bow out as we are way past this topic on this thread. Hope we can continue on another thread.

Marilyn.

Would you be interested in a thread titled "what is the first resurrection"? Or "What is the second resurrection" ? I will start a topic if I can ... and you are interested in the discussion.

9 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Would you be interested in a thread titled "what is the first resurrection"? Or "What is the second resurrection" ? I will start a topic if I can ... and you are interested in the discussion.

Hi BobRyan,

Yes, that`s a good idea - `What is the first resurrection?` I think it has been done before, but there is always new people & those who have not shared, so go for it, bro.

Marilyn.

Guest shiloh357
On 4/14/2017 at 9:02 PM, Marilyn C said:

As I was a former teacher Shiloh, I`ll give you `E` for effort but not a `C` for correct.:D

Daniel was never told about the Body of Christ - `this revelation (of the Body of Christ) He made known to me....which in other ages was NOT known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit...` (Eph. 3: 3 - 6) So not us there bro, but Israel.

No, the saints of the highest one is us and the time period is that of the millennium.  Sorry, but that's the only correct way to see it.

Rev. 5: 10 is the Greek word `epi` & means over or on & thus we need more scriptures to show which.

And yet, the translators never translated it any other way than on.   How is it that you know more than they do?   The thing is that Greek and Hebrew aside being more nuanced than English, are more precise.   I would expect that a teacher would know that. And there are reasons, grammatically why it is "on" and not "over"  and  I would add that "over"  doesn't mean "above"  necessarily.   But people who don't know Greek or Hebrew are really good at trying to muddy the water about what words mean, when the Scriptures don't agree with their false teaching.  It's a way of forcing the Bible to mean what you want it to mean, rather than letting the text speak for itself.

Rev. 2: the rod of iron does NOT say where we will be ruling. However Rev. 3: 21 tells us that we will be ruling on Christ`s throne.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on His throne.`

Clearly Christ`s seat of Power & authority given by His Father will be in the third heaven. Authority starts at the top and from there all other authorities are put down & each rulership realm comes under the Lordship of Christ.

You have no clear scripture to say that the Body of Christ is coming back with the Lord to earth.

Marilyn. 

Jesus' throne during the millennium is the throne of David and is located in the Temple that is described in Ezekiel 40-48.   So He will be on the earth, reigning.  That's the Bible way to look at it.