• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

'nuff said, that was my point.

Don't you see the conflict in terms ? For someone to say American history facts really doesn't matter. And to then assert proof of that in their own errant remarks about the founding documents of American history.

No, "nuff" hasn't been said.Because what has been said thus far is error. Therefore your point was not made on the fact of American history but rather on the fact errors in American history are invoked as enough to make your point.

That's not helpful.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It wasn't in response to your post.

I know what I meant when I said 'nuff said'...apparently you don't.

I followed the conversation that I participated in. And I followed what you quoted when you said that was your point.

Your remarks don't have to be in response to my post when your remarks hope to further what has already been claimed against American history and Christians.

I believe you know what you meant when you replied to gator. I'm telling you neither you nor Gator know what you're speaking of when you invoke American history as sustaining your criticisms of Christians who support Trump.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

First,I never mentioned any criticisms of Christians who support Trump.

Second, I voted for Trump and still would.

Third, pleeeeze.

6 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

I followed the conversation that I participated in. And I followed what you quoted when you said that was your point.

Your remarks don't have to be in response to my post when your remarks hope to further what has already been claimed against American history and Christians.

I believe you know what you meant when you replied to gator. I'm telling you neither you nor Gator know what you're speaking of when you invoke American history as sustaining your criticisms of Christians who support Trump.

You two want a room together?

We don't need fewer participants in the dialog because of them becoming personal with eachother.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

43 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Don't you see the conflict in terms ? For someone to say American history facts really doesn't matter....

The reason it does not matter is because there is no group you can point to as evidence the US was/is a Christian nation, because we are not.  We have never since our inception been a Christian nation. 

33 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Thank goodness neither of us did that.  Strawman number 2 from you in this thread.  

13 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Well excuse me. Joshuason first challenged me, I didn't challenge him... and no I don't want a room.

I was only clearing the air, or is that 'getting personal'?

Please read my pm.

47 minutes ago, Churchmouse said:

There are those who are apart of Christianity by the grace of God and there are those who deem Christianity apart of them because of the virtue they see in themselves. To which of these are you refering to when you use the term Christian ?

Those who defend anyone just to defend them, when they know little of them are not defending the individual, but themselves  for making that. choice.

I am going to go out on a limb and assume you meant "a part of" and not "apart",  that space makes all the difference.

As for if it is "real" Christian or not is really unimportant when it comes to how people view religion in general and Christians specifically.   The people doing the viewing do not make such distinctions, to them Fred Phelps was as much a representative of Christianity as was Billy Graham. 

23 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I am going to go out on a limb and assume you meant "a part of" and not "apart",  that space makes all the difference.

As for if it is "real" Christian or not is really unimportant when it comes to how people view religion in general and Christians specifically.   The people doing the viewing do not make such distinctions, to them Fred Phelps was as much a representative of Christianity as was Billy Graham. 

There are no REAL Christians. There are Christians. There are those who are in love with the feeling they get by calling themselves Christian.  What matters is whose image pops into peoples minds when the word christian is spoken and that is far more to do with the way the media portrays them than how they portray themselves.  Fred Phelps and Billy Graham are too far apart to mike a comparison to what I am speaking about.

Lets leave them alone and look at Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty and the article in which the reporter asked about examples of sin. Mr. Robertson quoted several examples which included Homosexuality and several others which are actual criminal behavior in the secular world. The media pushed that story as he was comparing homosexuality to a secular crime instead of allowing him to explain that sin has no hierarchy, as there are no felony or Misdemeanor sins as there are in secular courts. Sin is simply acting against God's laws and one, in the eyes of God is the same as any other, except that there is a sin that is unforgivable. 

The media chose that particular question as a gotcha question and bleed it for all it's worth.

Edited by Churchmouse

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

What appears to be ignored is Trump being a Christian,

I'm not wanting to pass judgment but how do you know that Mr. Trump is a Christian? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Hitler was not elected.

Wow it didn't take this post long to get the the Hitler thing. Only on page 6 !