• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/02/1958

4 hours ago, Running Gator said:

Well, it is a shame we cannot just offer our opinions and discuss why we hold those views.

What is gained talking about what the media is doing for the thousandth   time?  

Sometimes it's easier to talk about opinions instead of getting out of in front of our own opinions, but that depends on opinions of opinions.  It is my opinion that if any of us were to speak face to face, a lot would take care of itself, but that's just me.

As far as the media is concerned, they are, to us as we are to them and that is they who need instruction from those we deserve to do the instruction.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

True points! I see it also as way to minimize &  dis the Christian's as being naïve and some are trying to "school" us,  hoping that we will be taught a lesson in the end. They are truly annoyed that the Christian voters helped put Trump in office.  

As a Christian and a small government advocate I am annoyed that Christian voters helped put Trump into office! :blink:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

28 minutes ago, Davida said:

True points! I see it also as way to minimize &  dis the Christian's as being naïve and some are trying to "school" us,  hoping that we will be taught a lesson in the end. They are truly annoyed that the Christian voters helped put Trump in office.  

I do agree with that. 
Do you remember when Hillary R. Clinton said something to the effect while on the campaign trail that she wondered if you could be a Christian and a Republican?

I don't for a minute doubt that she and her money sponsors in the top 1% whom would have benefited greatly in her win of the election are behind all this that is happening in the left wing msm. Because that's the most effective avenue by which the resistance can make waves reporting conflict so as to stoke the resistance to more action.

There's still violent clashes among Trump opponents and supporters? For what purpose but to make it look good to those who hate the fact the Donald is in for four years.

Resistance. People hating his being in office are going to be satisfied by bad news concerning him. And if the perpetrators of that can attach the Christian community, the evangelicals that were the largest body of supporters at the polls reportedly, into that mix it is a win win. Because look at the direction the leftist politic was going under Obama. Hillary promised to carry that forward and continue his legacy.

While who are those in resistance to that? You guessed it. Christians. Curtail the righteous , moral , majority of persons in a nation when intending to turn a country's policy into turmoil and there is less resistance to the agenda's progress.

Why do we think violent Communist countries outlaw religion? Also, remember that Obama's mentor and Hillary's and that which they employ in their political drive was the philosophy of Saul Alinsky.

You know how we Christians say iron sharpens iron? Alinsky taught steel on steel.

“In the beginning the organizer’s first job is to create the issues or problems.”

― Saul D. Alinsky, Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals

36 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

As a Christian and a small government advocate I am annoyed that Christian voters helped put Trump into office! :blink:

Would you think a Christian could in good conscience have voted for Hillary R. Clinton?

1 hour ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

Would you think a Christian could in good conscience have voted for Hillary R. Clinton?

Nope.  But I still do not understand how a Christian could in good conscience could have voted for Trump in the primaries, yet it was the Evangelicals that propelled him to victory over the rest of the GOP field.

3 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

Nope.  But I still do not understand how a Christian could in good conscience could have voted for Trump in the primaries, yet it was the Evangelicals that propelled him to victory over the rest of the GOP field.

That's OK. It's all over with now and Donald Trump is president. I believe he is owed respect for that duty he's performing as the leader of the free world. Because when a people and especially Christians do their level best to join the resistance the left has invented so as to oppose him, it makes for a national profile that tells our enemies that they are secondary to that enemy aligned within our own borders.

Donald Trump was the voters choice, God's choice if I believe his word, and as such if I am to in any way say I serve an all knowing wise God I certainly won't align myself to oppose that brother God called from our number to serve his purpose. Well, I could. However, I personally would then have a very difficult time calling myself a Christian. Personal testimony and observation of conscience is what I speak of and for in myself.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Davida said:

What's more annoying to them is that Trump is putting out the effort to actually keep his promises and forcing the congress to be more productive than they have ever had to be in the past.

Trump's critics would LOVE to be able to give us the, "I-told-you-so" lectures, and it's not turning out that way.  That's got to be very annoying.

59 minutes ago, JoshuasonFlower said:

That's OK. It's all over with now and Donald Trump is president. I believe he is owed respect for that duty he's performing as the leader of the free world. Because when a people and especially Christians do their level best to join the resistance the left has invented so as to oppose him, it makes for a national profile that tells our enemies that they are secondary to that enemy aligned within our own borders.

Donald Trump was the voters choice, God's choice if I believe his word, and as such if I am to in any way say I serve an all knowing wise God I certainly won't align myself to oppose that brother God called from our number to serve his purpose. Well, I could. However, I personally would then have a very difficult time calling myself a Christian. Personal testimony and observation of conscience is what I speak of and for in myself.

I think we have a very different idea of what God is telling us when we are told that all leaders are chosen by Him.  I do not believe that means that I have to agree with everything they do or that it is wrong to speak out against them.   For the last 8 years I worked against the things that Obama was doing that I felt were bad for the country, and I did so for the 8 years before that under Bush II.

I disagree with many of Trump's policies and plans and I will not sit idly by and and not speak out against them in both this forum and to those that have been elected to represent me. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

It just shows the blatant hypocrisy of the liberal MSM and their amen corner among the Progressives and the rest of the Liberal sector of our society.

Well you all can deny that there are people calling themselves Christians that don't see Trump as some kind of chosen one. But I have had conversations with people on this forum who say stuff like Trump will be the one that saves Christianity. Even in this very topic I am being told I should show Mr. Trump the same respect as I do God when I talk about him. Then there is all this talk about how Trump getting elected was a sign that God heard his people's prayers. I for one think that the writer has a point given everything I have heard other people say. I think there  is at less a little bit of truth in what he says.  Now I am not saying that you think this way. But I have heard it from other people who call themselves Christians. In and outside this forum.  

9 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I think we have a very different idea of what God is telling us when we are told that all leaders are chosen by Him.  I do not believe that means that I have to agree with everything they do or that it is wrong to speak out against them.   For the last 8 years I worked against the things that Obama was doing that I felt were bad for the country, and I did so for the 8 years before that under Bush II.

I disagree with many of Trump's policies and plans and I will not sit idly by and and not speak out against them in both this forum and to those that have been elected to represent me. 

I do not think any person here would ever say you intend to stand mute.

What I think you've forgotten is how to speak and from where. And especially when speaking among and to fellow Christians.  Your resistance to Trump is your right. Your demeanor in the process reflects your heart and where it is. You'll not change what you think wrong with any administration in a forum. That isn't how political activism is accomplished.

Political activism addresses the politics and the politicians. Political activists attend session, remain current with bills of interest starting in the House and pursue that bill or those bills progress through the system. Political activists write letters and copy to email their concerns to their respective state representatives. And even to the president himself. Political activists call the office of their representative and ask for a face to face so they can further discuss their concerns or ideas. Political activists pursue with respect, from a place of love, with Godly intentions , those politicians who are directly responsible for the step by step journey their state and nation take toward the future on any issue. That is what speaks for the great experiment, that of a free democratic republic.

Speaking against leadership without love, without grace, without charity, acting contrary to everything that is described as the inward change in the new creation in Christ, on a text forum so as to conjure malice, conflict, chaos, among the divided electorate is not .  The fruit that effort bears is rotten to the core. Because it will change nothing in the tree of liberty one finds at risk due to a politician and the direction policy they support may threaten. Instead, it divides a people into sides. It feeds one or the other wolf inside the individual that forgets their baptism and returns to the worldly spirit that thrives on such things as that.

I've been a political activist for over 20 years. What accomplishes change for the positive side of this Christian land isn't machinations conjured and sustained from the devil. It is he whom we are to oppose brother. Not each other. You want to see change ? Be the change. Go to the source. Don't carp about someone behind their back to people who will never change what you believe wrong with that one you speak of. Speak to power. Not about it. Speaking about power doesn't fall into the ears of power. It fosters instead that which thrives on what makes the powerful of ill heart continue to lead a nation into darkness. Be the light.