nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Those tweets basically can be surmised as -why can I do what what want. These ladies are flat out ignoring scripture and just want to want their way. What got me was-don't be a pastor but u can be a missionary.it's like they're more concerned about getting power and authority than God's purpose

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Spock said:

There you go! 

We are always trying to keep your thoughts pure of heart toward God and not toward some mere man! 

Thanks Kay for this contribution. Thats what I love about women- you always know what you are getting without any punches being pulled.  I was practically the only male in my school when I changed careers to teach. What a blessing that was for me. 

I kind wish sometimes that a few of them would dress lusty. Sadly it is usefully just a fat guy with a plumper's butt. There isn't anything lusty about that. But you all do get to take your shirts off.  

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I kind wish sometimes that a few of them would dress lusty. Sadly it is usefully just a fat guy with a plumper's butt. There isn't anything lusty about that. But you all do get to take your shirts off.  

I wish a lot of men I see running outside without their shirts would not do that. Really????????

38 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

These ladies are flat out ignoring scripture and just want to want their way.

I don't like the assumption that a disagreement in the meaning of scripture is the same as ignoring it.  I think that is what we have here. You think scripture says one thing, I think it saying something different. Then you say I am changing it to suite myself. Then I say the way I see it, you are changing it to suite your way of thinking. 

So in the end we should just let God be our guide in these matter.    

4 minutes ago, Spock said:

I wish a lot of men I see running outside without their shirts would not do that. Really????????

Well it would be strange coming from you being a man in all to say "I wish more men would run around without shirts". 

ROFL! :dance:

Edited by LadyKay

24 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well it would be strange coming from you being a man in all to say "I wish more men would run around without shirts". 

ROFL! :dance:

Lol!  But even I don't mind it when I see a guy running without a shirt who is in good shape as compared to a guy who is hanging out with his beer belly over his too short shorts.  :ph34r:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I think the egocentric male pride that believes the sin of sexism speaks for God is going to be incredibly surprised when it has to answer to God come the judgment. 

I heard a pastor , Joyce Meyer, say, worry is a sin. Because worrying about something means the Christian doesn't trust God. I'm not really fond of Meyer for a number of reasons but going from that, if worry is a sin then sexism sure is too. When God had women in his company in a time when women wouldn't have served with men as they did in Jesus' number, Jesus in my view was delivering a visual message to everyone who watched. 
A woman that was to be killed by the law of Moses and at the hands of men ready to stone her was saved by Jesus . He challenged those men to let the first among them without sin cast that first stone. 

That same woman was the first person to discover the empty tomb after Jesus three day rest after he'd been crucified on the cross so as to take the sins of the world on himself. What a weird thing to then sin and say women are less than men and can't possibly be part of God's plan as anything other than subservient. 
When women were delivering the good news after Jesus left to be with the father, I think I'd not say God couldn't possibly call women to ministry . Because that would make me think I know more than God. And that's just dumb.

31 minutes ago, Davida said:

If women were to have the Exact same role as a men as far as Teaching , Pastoring then why then didn't Jesus pick 6 women to be His disciples? Why not 2 or 1 even?  The Jewish culture at the time would not have held Him back if that was HIS desire, for He is the Son of God, Jesus could have appointed women ,  if that was the message & precedent  He wished to establish.   Women were amongst the inner circle of followers of Jesus & they supported His ministry equal in value but not the same as the men.  Women had important contributions but different roles to play. I accept what the Bible says on women not being Pastors and I do not question the scripture because it is difficult for my carnal nature to accept , nor do I chose to question those who GOD chose to write scripture. Women are called into the Ministry but just not to be a Pastoring authority over men.   Women are of equal value in the minstry, they can be teachers of other women & children, they can be in missionary work and work a longside of men in supportive partnership in spreading the Good News but the Bible is clear on their roles and as Paul stated in Timothy it goes back to the garden - And how GOD created Adam & Eve in the first place. God designed the purpose & roles of both.  Adam was formed first and then Eve who was created to be a help-mate for Adam. It was Eve who was deceived by Satan & she convinced Adam & gave it for him to eat the forbidden fruit.

1Tim 2:14 "13For Adam was formed first, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman who was deceived and fell into transgression. "

I think you're wrong. Because it was the Jewish religious culture that asked for Jesus to be executed because of what he was teaching already. Women had a very subservient role in the time of Christ. 

Jesus flew in the face of that and had women in his company of Apostles. The women traveled with him , the women were at the foot of the cross when he died. And women carried forth the ministry after he departed. Pastor doesn't appear in scripture? That is fine. It doesn't have to. Women still served God's purpose. 

The same argument today that says women can't be pastors is an argument that is carrying forth from the time before Christ. 

I'm not intending to change anyone's mind that believes God would never call a woman to pastor. Scriptures show that he did and the world shows that he does. Thinking that God upholds the tradition of men is wrong. That doesn't mean people are not entitled to think it is true. 

34 minutes ago, lemurchampagne said:

I think you're wrong. Because it was the Jewish religious culture that asked for Jesus to be executed because of what he was teaching already. Women had a very subservient role in the time of Christ. 

Jesus flew in the face of that and had women in his company of Apostles. The women traveled with him , the women were at the foot of the cross when he died. And women carried forth the ministry after he departed. Pastor doesn't appear in scripture? That is fine. It doesn't have to. Women still served God's purpose. 

The same argument today that says women can't be pastors is an argument that is carrying forth from the time before Christ. 

I'm not intending to change anyone's mind that believes God would never call a woman to pastor. Scriptures show that he did and the world shows that he does. Thinking that God upholds the tradition of men is wrong. That doesn't mean people are not entitled to think it is true. 

Interesting dialog you had here. Well done on both sides. Now davida is a personal friend and love and respect her dearly, but.....

i side with you on this debate. I know paul said in 1 Timothy 2 that women were not to have authority  over men or to teach  them, but let's look at Pauls exact words here:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;b she must be quiet..."

Notice what Paul said......I DO NOT PERMIT.......

I = Paul (only?)  I think when Paul speaks like this, he is telling us it is not from the Lord, because he does say at times, "Not I but the Lord....."

i do think 2000 years ago, things were much different than today, plus, man and woman are one IN CHRIST. 

For me, the passage in the gospels that talks about not burying your gifts or talents is huge.  Jesus is telling his disciples to NOT BURY YOUR GOD GIVEN TALENTS.  There are so many women out there with incredible gifts and talents from above.....they need to use them, not bury them just because this is a man's world! 

Plus, there are so many foreign countries where God needs strong voices, and guess what?  There are a lot of women heeding the call and ready to go,into battle much more willing than men. I think you are right, don't muzzle a voice for the Lord just because of her gender. All are welcomed to participate in the Great Commission.  DONT BURY, SHARE THEM! 

But you are also right when you said this message is not for all. Some women do not feel that is their place to teach men and some men don't want a woman pastor.  These people obviously should avoid such and follow their consciences too.

anyhow, this is what I think.

spock

5 minutes ago, Spock said:

Interesting dialog you had here. Well done on both sides. Now davida is a personal friend and love and respect her dearly, but.....

i side with you on this debate. I know paul said in 1 Timothy 2 that women were not to have authority  over men or to teach  them, but let's look at Pauls exact words here:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;b she must be quiet..."

Notice what Paul said......I DO NOT PERMIT.......

I = Paul (only?)  I think when Paul speaks like this, he is telling us it is not from the Lord, because he does say at times, "Not I but the Lord....."

i do think 2000 years ago, things were much different than today, plus, man and woman are one IN CHRIST. 

For me, the passage in the gospels that talks about not burying your gifts or talents is huge.  Jesus is telling his disciples to NOT BURY YOUR GOD GIVEN TALENTS.  There are so many women out there with incredible gifts and talents from above.....they need to use them, not bury them just because this is a man's world! 

Plus, there are so many foreign countries where God needs strong voices, and guess what?  There are a lot of women heeding the call and ready to go,into battle much more willing than men. I think you are right, don't muzzle a voice for the Lord just because of her gender. All are welcomed to participate in the Great Commission.  DONT BURY, SHARE THEM! 

But you are also right when you said this message is not for all. Some women do not feel that is their place to teach men and some men don't want a woman pastor.  These people obviously should avoid such and follow their consciences too.

anyhow, this is what I think.

spock

I like how you think. 

I am glad you spoke of how we are all one in Christ. That's very true. Paul told us that. There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek. We're all one in Christ. 

And definitely if someone isn't about a woman preacher they shouldn't attend a church that has a woman pastor. I think we're family as Christians. And I think when we're in church it should feel that way too. That's an important factor. Having as pastor one that you can feel good about as teacher, counselor.