• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, lemurchampagne said:

I like how you think. 

I am glad you spoke of how we are all one in Christ. That's very true. Paul told us that. There is no Jew, Gentile, Greek. We're all one in Christ. 

And definitely if someone isn't about a woman preacher they shouldn't attend a church that has a woman pastor. I think we're family as Christians. And I think when we're in church it should feel that way too. That's an important factor. Having as pastor one that you can feel good about as teacher, counselor.  

Spot on lemur!  

Side note here: my wife and I went on an 10 day Israeli tour this year, and the spiritual leader of our bus was a female pastor.  She is AWESOME!!!! She led all the prayers, messages, and watched over all 40 of us like a true Shephard.  Clearly, she loved the Lord with great passion and we had many heart to heart talks with her and her husband.  We walked away totally convinced God is using her and very happy with her love for the flock. No way would I tell her she is displeasing the Lord. No way.........

Anyhow, thanks for listening. 

Spock

• Group:  Royal Member

43 minutes ago, Davida said:

Cultural Christianity sets a worldly example and not a biblical one and there are few women that come from that type of influence that will change their personal beliefs and bring it into complete obedience with what the Bible teaches.  Even if someone is not from a Cultural denomination , the world & the power & influence of feminism preaches against respecting Paul's teachings as it is looked at as an "offence " to modern womanhood.  As far as disregarding Paul, I believe that the Lord JESUS (Son of GOD!!!) knows EVERYTHING beforehand & chose Paul for specific reasons one being Paul was a Jewish scholar well versed in the Scriptures. Jesus Christ knew EXACTLY what would be written down of Paul's teachings, because Paul was under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit when he said it. The Bible is not like any other spiritual book, so anyone saying they think Paul was just speaking for himself is a convenient cherry-picking, in my view.  Same goes with the argument that it was just a reflection of the Jewish patriarchal society - it came from the scripture that taught as written in Genesis that Adam was created first & Eve as a help-mate to Adam.

The Bible says All of scripture is GOD-breathed -there is no exceptions.  Paul stated the reason for this went back to Genesis, no where does Peter or John contradict Paul's statements? Wouldn't the Lord have seen to it to correct Paul or was Jesus powerless after His resurrection and I guess Paul just got to tell people what he wanted? - not likely.  Some women think there is no consequences for the specific genders because of the fall, I think that is wrong. The structure of the Body of Christ is given in the scriptures and it is the result of how GOD created Man & Woman and the result of how sin entered the world. Eve was deceived and therefore God does not allow women to have spiritual authority over men. If you don't like that meditate on Eve, don't ruminate or blame it because of the Patriarchal society. Well Heaven is Patriarchy isn't it?

As far as the men not being at the grave , the men were not only devastated by the crucifixion of Jesus but confused by it & probably also in fear that the authorities were looking for them too. I'm glad the women were there to mourn & to check His grave, they were not there because the knew Jesus had risen. Their presence at the grave speaks for these specific women who were , along with John at the foot of the cross & these women would have prepared His body after the crucifixion. Their presence does not speak for all the women that became Christians followers later & give them special attributes because of these women. They were examples for us. As far as just attributing Paul's comments to "jewish culture"I believe that makes a lot of the Bible easy to write off. The fact that women can be good speakers, can preach & love Jesus doesn't change anything. Women need to be teaching  & preaching to women but they don't want to. They want to have equal authority & the same roles as men- well God could have made Adam and Eve at the same time but HE Did not. Women are not given the role of Pastoring churches. And please don't give me the Pastor is not in the Bible- that is irrelevant, shepherd /pastor/teacher same deal. The Bible states clearly the structure of the Body of Christ is to be.  

Sorry as I write I can hear the same old arguments by feminists male or female and it gets really tiresome to me. Bottom line is accepting the Word of God as it is written.

Davida,

May I make one suggestion for future reference.  Please consider using another term other than "feminist" when discussing this issue. That term is usually said in a negative context and usually elicits strong emotions, not positive or neutral. And, for many of us who believe as we do, it's not that we are feminists but rather hold to a different interpretation/application of the scripture than you do. 

Thanks for considering this. I assure you I won't lose any sleep if you prefer to continue using that term. However, if you do, I may just have to go outside and burn my wife's bra just to feel like I am one of them. :)

spock

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Davida said:

Cultural Christianity sets a worldly example and not a biblical one and there are few women that come from that type of influence that will change their personal beliefs and bring it into complete obedience with what the Bible teaches.  Even if someone is not from a Cultural denomination , the world & the power & influence of feminism preaches against respecting Paul's teachings as it is looked at as an "offence " to modern womanhood.  As far as disregarding Paul, I believe that the Lord JESUS (Son of GOD!!!) knows EVERYTHING beforehand & chose Paul for specific reasons one being Paul was a Jewish scholar well versed in the Scriptures. Jesus Christ knew EXACTLY what would be written down of Paul's teachings, because Paul was under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit when he said it. The Bible is not like any other spiritual book, so anyone saying they think Paul was just speaking for himself is a convenient cherry-picking, in my view.  Same goes with the argument that it was just a reflection of the Jewish patriarchal society - it came from the scripture that taught as written in Genesis that Adam was created first & Eve as a help-mate to Adam.

The Bible says All of scripture is GOD-breathed -there is no exceptions.  Paul stated the reason for this went back to Genesis, no where does Peter or John contradict Paul's statements? Wouldn't the Lord have seen to it to correct Paul or was Jesus powerless after His resurrection and I guess Paul just got to tell people what he wanted? - not likely.  Some women think there is no consequences for the specific genders because of the fall, I think that is wrong. The structure of the Body of Christ is given in the scriptures and it is the result of how GOD created Man & Woman and the result of how sin entered the world. Eve was deceived and therefore God does not allow women to have spiritual authority over men. If you don't like that meditate on Eve, don't ruminate or blame it because of the Patriarchal society. Well Heaven is Patriarchy isn't it?

As far as the men not being at the grave , the men were not only devastated by the crucifixion of Jesus but confused by it & probably also in fear that the authorities were looking for them too. I'm glad the women were there to mourn & to check His grave, they were not there because the knew Jesus had risen. Their presence at the grave speaks for these specific women who were , along with John at the foot of the cross & these women would have prepared His body after the crucifixion. Their presence does not speak for all the women that became Christians followers later & give them special attributes because of these women. They were examples for us. As far as just attributing Paul's comments to "jewish culture"I believe that makes a lot of the Bible easy to write off. The fact that women can be good speakers, can preach & love Jesus doesn't change anything. Women need to be teaching  & preaching to women but they don't want to. They want to have equal authority & the same roles as men- well God could have made Adam and Eve at the same time but HE Did not. Women are not given the role of Pastoring churches. And please don't give me the Pastor is not in the Bible- that is irrelevant, shepherd /pastor/teacher same deal. The Bible states clearly the structure of the Body of Christ is to be.  

Sorry as I write I can hear the same old arguments by feminists male or female and it gets really tiresome to me. Bottom line is accepting the Word of God as it is written.

I understand your passion in this area. I would caution though that you not attempt to take your opinion that is against God's calling of women pastors and make remarks that present your point of view as one of intolerance and entitlement to judge the whole of the faith and those in service to. Because they are female and in positions of service to God and his calling that you do not agree with nor respect as such.

That's really unfair.  

24 minutes ago, Davida said:

Lemurchampagne you apparently want to state your opinion and you are "cautioning" me for mine. I took the time to sincerely try to address your pts in your previous post, I see that was a complete waste. I never got personal with you but you accuse me of "intolerance" , "entitlement to judge" and being "unfair" and ironically that my opinion is "against" God's will -when I'm sticking with what the Word of God says. Why didn't you just present scripture & an intellectual response instead of the ad hominem attack? Too late now-I'm done here.  I'll stand with the Bible and what it says. Your above response to my post is why I left the people that tout those beliefs far behind. 

Wow, you're very impatient with those who don't concede to your point. I arrived at my remarks in the spirit of charity. You are not able to see you are levying judgment and you are impatient with those who see that you do and that you assume the righteous right to state what amounts to in your opinion that no woman called by God to preach should actually be there. 

That's what you are arguing in a short form as I read you. As I said before I understand your passion in this area. I was mistaken. I do not understand a passion that speaks as this that has recently posted here. And I will not be addressed in a manner not befitting the charity and compassion in which I first entered into this subject. 

1 hour ago, Davida said:

I hear you Bro, I just don't know what else to call it. I'm not trying to cause issues for people.  I'm of this opinion because of my observations in my own life. I see no where it has not been touched by this ideology. The feminist ideology has been poured into the very fabric of our modern culture & has a powerful influence our way of thinking whether we prescribe to all of it or not. I came out of cultural Christianity that ordained female Pastors, ( I got married by one ) and although I didn't identify as a feminist at all, my values & ideals were in support at least the feminist ideal of gender equality and that included the Church. It was after I got convicted by the Holy Spirit & read the Bible & became aware there were actual Bible following /preaching churches that I rescinded my previous point of view. It was not easy for me to accept some of these teachings at first when I was first saved but through just a willing to have a willingness to lay down my rebellion & obey the scripture.

I know how you feel and I don't want you to change your thinking. I was just asking for you to consider using a different term than feminist.  I can think of a few other terms if you are interested. So I guess I should go find a bra and go outside......

IMG_0720.JPG

3 minutes ago, Davida said:

Lol!  Arrghhh!!  THE EVIL Weapon of MALE ENSLAVEMENT of WOMEN!!! Aaaaaaaa! :runforhills:

Btw, How much money do these cost?

IMG_0721.GIF

20 minutes ago, Davida said:

You mean how much of the Man- created evil circulating medium of exchange which was created to FURTHER punish women who are FORCED to pay for the Evil symbol & weapon of their own enslavement?

$15.00-$40 for the higher -end Cadillac model  :P

Interesting thread, "things only Christian women hear."  I seem to be the number one contributor on this thread, a man. Lol

Anyhow, my wife tells me she likes her bra and would rather wear one than not. She said she "would feel like a cow" if she didn't have one.  Whatever that means. You probably know better about these things than I do. 

So, women can pay up to $40 for one. I would imagine that one would be purchased at Victoria Secret. (My favorite place to buy for my wife.) 

48 minutes ago, Spock said:

Interesting thread, "things only Christian women hear."  I seem to be the number one contributor on this thread, a man. Lol

Anyhow, my wife tells me she likes her bra and would rather wear one than not. She said she "would feel like a cow" if she didn't have one.  Whatever that means. You probably know better about these things than I do. 

So, women can pay up to $40 for one. I would imagine that one would be purchased at Victoria Secret. (My favorite place to buy for my wife.) 

Do you know what Victoria's secret actually is? 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Spock said:

So I see we are on bras now. Personally I hate them things. :exclaimation:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Shouldn't this be in the ladies forum? :blink: