• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

I don't think it is a question of being overzealous on certain causes, and apathetic on the general calling of all believers., but rather the fact that it is easier to get involved in prayer and petition for people when you can put a face to a name , and you know something of their personal circumstances.

All you need to do is look. I live in the U.S. and have seen plenty of homeless, hungry people. I have seen their face and their name is homeless and hungry, one of Gods children. Most people have a tendency to look the other way. I agree that the U.S. should help in the world and I think it should help its own people to. I have little to offer these people when I see them..a sandwich, bag of chips, piece of fruit. Then I see their smile and I thank God often through the tears that have welled up in my eye because I could not do more.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

I don't think it is a question of being overzealous on certain causes, and apathetic on the general calling of all believers., but rather the fact that it is easier to get involved in prayer and petition for people when you can put a face to a name , and you know something of their personal circumstances.

All you need to do is look. I live in the U.S. and have seen plenty of homeless, hungry people. I have seen their face and their name is homeless and hungry, one of Gods children. Most people have a tendency to look the other way. I agree that the U.S. should help in the world and I think it should help its own people to. I have little to offer these people when I see them..a sandwich, bag of chips, piece of fruit. Then I see their smile and I thank God often through the tears that have welled up in my eye because I could not do more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We all have something greater to offer these people, and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There lives on this earth just as yours and mine will amount to nothing compared to eternity.

God Bless,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  429
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We all have something greater to offer these people, and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There lives on this earth just as yours and mine will amount to nothing compared to eternity.

God Bless,

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day,

and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well," but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?

So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead. James 2:16-17

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I think what SJ is getting at is that we don't do enough for the poor and needy in our own back yard.

Sure, we give money away . . . but how many people would rather have "our hands and our feet" rather than our green?

I think what SJ is getting at is that we don't do enough for the poor and needy in our own back yard.

Sure, we give money away . . . but how many people would rather have "our hands and our feet" rather than our green?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And i agree with SJ whole heartedly, but also see the Shiavo case as being extremely urgent. If we allow the current rulings to stand we are setting a very bad precedent, this case WILL determine the future of our country in many ways.

God Bless,

Dave

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I understand that point as well!

Just having seen some of SJ's other posts, I know the issue of Christians being actual hands and feet in this world is very stron on his heart, so I can see why he would look at the situation this way.

I do not believe he is against the fight to save Terri's life.

I interpret his emphasis being on wanting us to move on to other areas as well.

Make sense?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

Just having seen some of SJ's other posts, I know the issue of Christians being actual hands and feet in this world is very stron on his heart, so I can see why he would look at the situation this way.

Make sense?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree.

Make sense?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed!!!! and AMEN!!!!!!!!

Artist: Casting Crowns

Album: Casting Crowns

Song: If We Are The Body

It's crowded in worship today

As she slips in trying to fade into the faces

The girls teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know

Farther than they know

Chorus:

But if we are the body

Why aren't His arms reaching?

Why aren't His hands healing?

Why aren't His words teaching?

And if we are the body

Why aren't His feet going?

Why is His love not showing them there is a way?

There is a way

A traveler is far away from home

He sheds his coat and quietly sinks into the back row

The weight of their judgmental glances

Tells him that his chances are better out on the road

Jesus paid much too high a price

For us to pick and choose who should come

And we are the body of Christ

Jesus is the way

God Bless,

Dave

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Make sense?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly. This isn't an either/or situation..it's both! Should Terri be fought for? Absolutely! But so should others who cannot fight for themselves. That's his point. Of course, ppl around here are eager to argue, so they'd rather pick apart what he said and find a point of conflict, rather than see his intent and bless him in his challenge for believers to rise up.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  08/08/1964

Most of us do not like to see anybody suffering, especially innocent people. Terry is just one more example of that suffering. Many try to alleviate that suffering either by giving money, becoming missionaries, offering free medical help, praying, simply voicing disapproval....... Many are fighting in the shadow away from the publicity. There is no irony. This world belongs to Satan and we can see its result. God is coming back to put an end to the lunacy of this world. I don't know how those who do not believe in God and in His graceful gift of salvation can cope in this world of darkness.