IMG-20170505-WA0003.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Seriously?  Another thread about how people see what a woman's place is in the church should be or is, and even a fictitious one to start the ball rolling??  Don't we have enough division already?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

30 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Seriously?  Another thread about how people see what a woman's place is in the church should be or is, and even a fictitious one to start the ball rolling??  Don't we have enough division already?

Not to sound harsh, but the division is already here, and will be regardless of whether such topics are brought to light. I agree such a post does nothing to alleviate the division, but neither is it really causing it. If anything all such posts do is bring it to the surface.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Can we Please Stop with the Women Pastor topics! How many post do we need on this subject? My views on it has not changed and I am sure no one else's view have neither! Enough already! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Don't look at the trees  look at the forest. It's identifying  a serious attitude problem with people ,not only women

34 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Not to sound harsh, but the division is already here, and will be regardless of whether such topics are brought to light. I agree such a post does nothing to alleviate the division, but neither is it really causing it. If anything all such posts do is bring it to the surface.

25 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Don't look at the trees  look at the forest. It's identifying  a serious attitude problem with people ,not only women

Yes, it is already here, and heavily discusses to where many of the threads have been deleted.  Here are a few that are still active, or at least visible:

We have looked at both the trees and the forest and found them both wanting.  So, I ask again, why beat a dead horse?

That's not it. Look past the womb in ministry issue. She was offered many minitry opportunities but declined and when not allowed to preach, got irate and said nothing for women to do.

Regardless of your  view on women in ministry,the point is this -we often can want the prestigious up front jobs and not want the less glorious. Thats the  wrong attitude. Service to God is not about prestige  ,it's about submission to what needs to be done. 

This coukd have easily been a man asking to preach

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

That's not it. Look past the womb in ministry issue. She was offered many minitry opportunities but declined and when not allowed to preach, got irate and said nothing for women to do.

This is a made up story with made up people. I know many people including myself who do things in the church that are not in the spotlight. I am money counter in my church.  

As for becoming a pastor. This is something that God leads one too. Not just something someone does because they are bored and what something to do in church. Women are not setting around church going "gee I'm bored I wonder what job I could do in the church? Oh I know, I will be a pastor!" No it does not work that way. All the people men and women both that I have know who have become pastor tell how they were called to do so. They tell how it was something they really did not want to do, but felt God calling them to do so. They tell how they tried to ignore the call and do their own thing. But God kept calling them and opening doors for it to happen to the point where it was made clear to them that this is what God was calling them to do.  So no one, not men or women sit around and think I'm bored with church I think I will become a pastor. 

18 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

Regardless of your  view on women in ministry,the point is this -we often can want the prestigious up front jobs and not want the less glorious. Thats the  wrong attitude. Service to God is not about prestige  ,it's about submission to what needs to be done. 

That is a whole other discussion.  The reason I spoke up is because the deacon was speaking to a lady by the name of June.  If it were a male to male, I would never would of said a word.  If you can edit the OP this way, that would be great so this does not go down the wrong trail.