IGNORED

The Shroud of Turin, The True Cross, The Holy Grail, The Lance, The Ark of Covenant and Other Relics

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

19 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Which is basically an argument against relics, not for them.  One can simply go to Jesus in faith for what he or she needs.  No relics are needed.

Amein.   I don't think YHWH ever called something a relic or anything like that, when HE HEALED anyone ,  and in fact YHWH destroyed the snake on a pole when people tried to use it like a relic , opposed to His Plan, contrary to His Purpose, and in the NT times thru today , when deceptive and pagan practices and false teachings and evil traditions are used along with a false gospel to lead multitudes  away from  the Truth(away from Jesus) who/ that might save them.

Strangely,  or maybe not so strange,  the deception today is so far reaching, that that which actually can and does heal is forbidden by federal law and forbidden or not permitted anyway(law or not) in many churches.  Thus such widespread 'control' over the vast majority of citizens, both Jews and gentiles,  both saved and unsaved.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Anyone ever consider that Jesus' sandals would be relic? You never hear about those.

Guest Judas Machabeus
15 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Anyone ever consider that Jesus' sandals would be relic? You never hear about those.

Not everything is going to survive time. The Holy family's kitchen table where Jesus ate, you don't hear about that. ;)

All kidding aside, one thing that interests me and it's not so much a relic. Only once does scripture record Jesus writing something down..... but it doesn't say what he wrote. That always fascinates me. 

9 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Not everything is going to survive time. The Holy family's kitchen table where Jesus ate, you don't hear about that. ;)

All kidding aside, one thing that interests me and it's not so much a relic. Only once does scripture record Jesus writing something down..... but it doesn't say what he wrote. That always fascinates me. 

Well my point is that no one talks about it being relic.

Actually Jesus wrote a letter, "COPY OF A LETTER WRITTEN BY AGBAR THE TOPARCH TO JESUS AND SENT TO HIM AT JERUSALEM BY COURIER ANANIS   ---Agbar Uchama the Toparch to Jesus who has appeared as a gracious savior in the region of Jerusalem--- greeting. I have heard about you and about the cures you preform without drugs or herbs. If report is true, you make the blind see again and the lame walk about; you cleanse lepers, expel unclean spirits and demons, cure those suffering from chronic and painful diseases, and raise the dead. When I heard all this about you. I conclude that one of two things must be true -- either you are God and came down from heaven to do these things, or you are God's Son doing them. accordingly I am writing to beg you to come to me, whatever the inconvenience, and cure the disorder from which I suffer. I may add tat I understand  the Jews are treating you with contempt and desire to inure you: my city is very small, but highly esteemed, adequate to both of us. [He wrote this letter when the heavenly light had shone on him only a little while. It is desirable also to hear the letter which Jesus sent him by the same letter-carrier. It is only a few lines long, but very impressive. Here it is]: JESUS'S REPLY TO THE TOPARCH ABGAR BY THE COURIER ANANIAS --Happy are you who believed in me without having seen me! For it is written of me that those who have seen me will not believe in me, an that those who have not seen will believe and live. As to your request that I should come to you. I must complete all that I was sent to do here, and on competing it must at once be taken up to the One who sent me. When I have been taken up I will send you one of my disciples to cure your disorder and bring life to you and those with you." (Eusebius, History of Church).

Guest Judas Machabeus
30 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Well my point is that no one talks about it being relic.

Friendly banter from me is all. 

I'm not an expert when it comes to Church Fathers writings by any stretch of the imagination. What surprises me is that I've never heard of that before. I found that excerpt and read the rest of the story about how Thaddeus went and cured him and than preached to the whole town. Very cool!  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

http://gods-kingdom-ministries.net/teachings/articles-and-poetry/jesus-letter-to-abgar-the-toparch/

.. " ...I will preach to them and sow in them the word of life--about the coming of Jesus and how it happened; about His mission and the purpose for which His Father sent Him; about His power and His deeds, and the mysteries He spoke in the world, and the power by which He did these things; about His new preaching; about His lowliness and humility, and how He humbles Himself and put aside and made light of His divinity, was crucified and descended into Hades, and rent asunder the partition which had never been rent since time began, and raised the dead; how He descended alone, but ascended with a great multitude to His Father; and how He is seated on the right hand of God the Father with glory in the heavens; and how He will come again with power to judge living and dead.'

So Abgar instructed his citizens to assemble at daybreak and hear the preaching of Thaddaeus. After that, he ordered gold and silver to be given to him. But Thaddaeus refused them and asked, 'If we have left our own property behind, how can we accept other people's?'" ... ...

14 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Friendly banter from me is all. 

I'm not an expert when it comes to Church Fathers writings by any stretch of the imagination. What surprises me is that I've never heard of that before. I found that excerpt and read the rest of the story about how Thaddeus went and cured him and than preached to the whole town. Very cool!  

Interestingly, Thaddeus is actually Judas or Jude, a half brother of Jesus Christ [meaning Jude-Judas/Thaddeus is Mary and Joseph's child see Matthew 1:25/ Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is the Creator who created all things John 1:3, came in a body John 1:15, and was conceived by Holy Spirit Matthew 1:18. Jesus is God Colossians 2:9 and came in flesh to save us from sin, while Thaddeus and the other half brothers of Jesus aren't really brothers in proper sense, just in their relationship to Him *I wrote this not for your benefit, but so anyone reading doesn't get confused and believe something wrongful about Jesus who is the God of Israel Romans 10:9 and the Alpha and Omega Revelation 1:1-20]. Thaddeus or Jude actually wrote on Book of Bible, right before Revelation is the one chapter/letter of Jude, which is very powerful: "And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. 23 Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others,[i] but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives." (Jude 1:22-23).

Edited by Fidei Defensor