Absolem

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

We are all called to strive for perfection but we will not fully attain perfection until we are in our new bodies. We still have sin within us. We can still sin. And we will all slip up a little occasionally. But for a spirit filled believer, sin doesnt RULE us.                Matrix

:amen:     Absolutely,The Word of God explains this well...

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Romans 7:15-20

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

35 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

No. Because you are still human. However, as one redeemed in Christ you are no longer damned as one once called sinner. You are a son or daughter of God. Reborn , redeemed, renewed, and much loved. 

What about 1st John 3?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

8 minutes ago, Absolem said:

What about 1st John 3?

What about it? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

28 minutes ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

What about it? 

It says those born of God don't sin.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Perhaps this commentary will help explain the context of 1 John 3:5

Matthew Henry Commentary
3:3-10 The sons of God know that their Lord is of purer eyes than to allow any thing unholy and impure to dwell with him. It is the hope of hypocrites, not of the sons of God, that makes allowance for gratifying impure desires and lusts. May we be followers of him as his dear children, thus show our sense of his unspeakable mercy, and express that obedient, grateful, humble mind which becomes us. Sin is the rejecting the Divine law. In him, that is, in Christ, was no sin. All the sinless weaknesses that were consequences of the fall, he took; that is, all those infirmities of mind or body which subject man to suffering, and expose him to temptation. But our moral infirmities, our proneness to sin, he had not. He that abides in Christ, continues not in the practice of sin. Renouncing sin is the great proof of spiritual union with, continuance in, and saving knowledge of the Lord Christ. Beware of self-deceit. He that doeth righteousness is righteous, and to be a follower of Christ, shows an interest by faith in his obedience and sufferings. But a man cannot act like the devil, and at the same time be a disciple of Christ Jesus. Let us not serve or indulge what the Son of God came to destroy. To be born of God is to be inwardly renewed by the power of the Spirit of God. Renewing grace is an abiding principle. Religion is not an art, a matter of dexterity and skill, but a new nature. And the regenerate person cannot sin as he did before he was born of God, and as others do who are not born again. There is that light in his mind, which shows him the evil and malignity of sin. There is that bias upon his heart, which disposes him to loathe and hate sin. There is the spiritual principle that opposes sinful acts. And there is repentance for sin, if committed. It goes against him to sin with forethought. The children of God and the children of the devil have their distinct characters. The seed of the serpent are known by neglect of religion, and by their hating real Christians. He only is righteous before God, as a justified believer, who is taught and disposed to righteousness by the Holy Spirit. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil. May all professors of the gospel lay these truths to heart, and try themselves by them.

Hope that helps                                                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik

1 hour ago, Absolem said:

That's true. As I said. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, Absolem said:

We have yet to put off the corruptible and put on the incorruptible.  When that happens, we will be complete and the old man will finally be gone.  There has been only One born of God, that is Christ Jesus.  We are to become like Him as we grow in Christ.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:26 PM, Absolem said:

Is it possible to live a sinless life in Christ Jesus? I'm talking about no mess ups at all.

According to Scripture only One for all of eternity was able The Lord Jesus... His Life was without sin from begin to Cross whereas He, in His Own Person, as The Son of Man chose every second of every moment for 33 plus years righteousness in flesh by works...! At the Cross He offered This Only Perfect Life which He had lived for an exchange for our already ruined and condemned one... Thus my expectation for acceptability lies in His Life offered me in exchange for the dead one I possessed. In this way I came to Him asking to be delivered from myself and the world I was in and He did!

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, Absolem said:

I don't understand why someone can't be sinless in Jesus.

It is the only way we can but not that of ourselves but of Himself...

10 hours ago, Absolem said:

What about 1st John 3?

The reality is A Holy Righteous God will have only Holy Righteous beings in His Keeping... thus knowing the 'IS' of my situation right now -> I know that all my hope is built upon The Son's Life and not my own and I will not be disappointed for He has told me so

1 John 5:2 (KJV)

[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

[5] Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

[6] This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

[7] For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

[8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

[9] If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

[10] He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

[11] And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

[12] He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

[13] These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

10 hours ago, Absolem said:

John also wrote this

1 John 1:8 (KJV)

[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

[10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

A simple truth satan knows if he can get you to trust in that of yourself the least little bit he can still maintain a hold upon your thoughts and life! For you are portioning out your faith upon the created essence instead of the Creator's Essence being that of Spirit and now of Flesh The Son...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

No, we are all sinners. We sin when we are not even conscience of it. But Christ died on the cross for us while we were still sinners.

Romans 5:8

9 hours ago, enoob57 said:

John also wrote this

1 John 1:8 (KJV)

[8] If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

[9] If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

[10] If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

A simple truth satan knows if he can get you to trust in that of yourself the least little bit he can still maintain a hold upon your thoughts and life! For you are portioning out your faith upon the created essence instead of the Creator's Essence being that of Spirit and now of Flesh The Son...
Love, Steven

Yes, he did. He was speaking to those who'd not yet received the good news of Christ so as to repent as sinners of their sins.