• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, Willa said:

Personally, I have problems with dwelling on the occult.  Scriptures that proclaim God's triumph over the enemy to me are appropriate.  But telling what I consider to be ghost stories and dwelling or peoples experiences with the occult I don't believe are appropriate.  So I left the chat room a couple of times after objecting to people continuing to pursue the subject.  It is not godly to repeatedly  try to generate fear in a way that glorifies the enemy.  

I have a problem with dwelling on Satan or anything else that has to do with Satan. He wants our attention. Why give it to him?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,452
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I have a problem with dwelling on Satan or anything else that has to do with Satan. He wants our attention. Why give it to him?

As I have said before, you don't have to trouble the enemy, he comes knocking on your door and you have to face that reality.  You would gladly relate your encounters in the appropriate manner to those who are unaware of the schemes and vileness of the evil one, that is the experiences you have had to face.  I have not done so here, and those  who have is i hope not doing so to magnify satan's abilities, but to warn and give a testimony of the truth that the Bible has said of who he is.  He is a thief, a murderer, seducer and much  more.   Knowing his stratagems is  vital in a Christian walk.   I can tell from the many  years of speaking with believers, that the majority has not have combat with the enemy and it can be terrifying at first.  And i would use the old saying again, "who is in the kitchen feels the heat".   The reason we are to put on the full armor of God.   

Thomas Brooks wrote the wonderful book  "Precious remedies against satan devices", as a deterrent for those who would fall for satan subtleties. 

14 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Im really glad for this site and lcve it. But a question has been nagging me. Hw do you know when something isnt appropriate for this format? I mean vulgarity  and encouraging sin are obviously nonos but how about a topic that causes debate. Would that be stirring up strife among the brethren or being stumbling blocks

I ask this because im wondering if there are some issues that i was wrong to have posted because they caused fierce debates.

Have to say one thing about your concern.  Many topics are introduced without showing clearly the intent of the post and any supporting evidence. It leaves the reader to speculate and brings in conjecture that would lead to replies that sways the topic of course.  Just something to consider when one is creating  their post. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

31 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Have to say one thing about your concern.  Many topics are introduced without showing clearly the intent of the post and any supporting evidence. It leaves the reader to speculate and brings in conjecture that would lead to replies that sways the topic of course.  Just something to consider when one is creating  their post. 

Some studies reveal the average US citizen reads and writes between the 7th and 9th grade level.  At this level, people are beginning to learn how to structure their information into a document that clearly reflects their ideas. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

wow I have some catching up to do :red_smile: 

22 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Some studies reveal the average US citizen reads and writes between the 7th and 9th grade level.  At this level, people are beginning to learn how to structure their information into a document that clearly reflects their ideas. 

I hear you loud and clear.  But you know those one liners that have you thinking, "maybe he meant this",  so off you go plotting your  reply or to some an instant.    I think i fall into that category, so please have some patience with my post.....

Guest Teditis

In my opinion, it's not so much the topic(s) that cause dissention, but the way people talk about them.

As was pointed out earlier, many people only have high school level reading/writing skills and therefore

are only capable of communicating from that level of maturity. They aren't able to grasp that there are ways

of talking about subjects where there is disagreement in ways that don't offend others during a conversation.

Often times they are combative from the start and only handle disagreements in a win/lose scenario. And to

further complicate the matter is that Christians sometimes link their level of spiritual maturity or even their

Salvation status to whether or not they "win" an argument. They are often reduced to name calling and questioning

others' Salvation status and absurd arguments that hinge on fallacious interpretations of Scripture. So they fight

hard with any disagreement with their beliefs about the topic at hand and try hard to be the dominant poster in the

thread(s).

Guest Teditis

Actually, age of the mindset of a person can have a lot to do with it.

Some people never mature properly and stay stuck in an adolescent mindset.

Many people don't go on to college and some do, regardless they can stay stuck, socially maturing.

The way that they communicate with others is often a sign of where they're at in their mental

maturity. They don't go beyond the bickering and quarreling that you see in adolescents. They've

quit learning how and it is reflected in their scholastic abilities at reading and writing... communication.