• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, MorningGlory said:

I assume you reported whoever 'they' may be, Justin.  Opinions are allowed at Worthy, even unbiblical ones.

You know MG It did not occur to me to tell teacher. I am a firm believer in free speech, even though one of my protagonists told me that this board was a private board, and they could do what they liked to my 'free speech'.

I thought that I could just let freedom sing its own song and let the readers decide so long as I put my points fairly and as concisely and cordially as possible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

3 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

You know MG It did not occur to me to tell teacher. I am a firm believer in free speech, even though one of my protagonists told me that this board was a private board, and they could do what they liked to my 'free speech'.

I thought that I could just let freedom sing its own song and let the readers decide so long as I put my points fairly and as concisely and cordially as possible.

Well no one is allowed to harass or threaten others on this site, Justin, so it's not a bad thing to let the mods handle abusive behavior.  Whether I agree or disagree with someone I always believe they have the right to post their views; it's just how free people believe and I think nearly everyone here would agree.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

Well no one is allowed to harass or threaten others on this site, Justin, so it's not a bad thing to let the mods handle abusive behavior.  Whether I agree or disagree with someone I always believe they have the right to post their views; it's just how free people believe and I think nearly everyone here would agree.

Oh yes. I agree entirely. Orwell said it best: All men are equal; but some are more equal than others.

Such it is on this board I am afraid - but that is child's play really, considering what we are going to be facing in the fairly near future. Where already, bad is good, and peace, peace, where there is no peace. Think about 'news speak', well I try not to even read the news much; just do not like Helegian constructs and disinformation.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

Oh yes. I agree entirely. Orwell said it best: All men are equal; but some are more equal than others.

Such it is on this board I am afraid - but that is child's play really, considering what we are going to be facing in the fairly near future. Where already, bad is good, and peace, peace, where there is no peace. Think about 'news speak', well I try not to even read the news much; just do not like Helegian constructs and disinformation.

I'm with you on the news; I hate it and I DO see the 'bad is good' thing every day.  I still watch it but have to limit my time spent on it.  It makes me nuts!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Nah, most of us who are Christians will just stick with the 66 books of the Bible. 

And Also stick To Their Made Up Masonic Controlled Denominations.

More scripture that Glorifies Yeshua Messiah in 1 Enoch:

And from henceforth there shall be nothing corruptible; 
For That Son of Man has appeared, 
And Has Seated Himself On The Throne Of His Glory, 
And all evil shall pass away before His Face
And the word of that Son of Man shall go forth 

And be strong before the Lord of Spirits. 

• 1 Enoch 69:29

• Thumbs Up 1

More Scripture:

And there was great joy amongst them, 
And they blessed and glorified and extolled 
Because the name of that Son of Man had been revealed unto them. 

And He Sat On The Throne Of His Glory, 
And The Sum of Judgement Was Given Unto The Son Of Man, 

And He caused the sinners to pass away and be destroyed from off the face of the earth,
And those who have led the world astray.

• 1 Enoch 69:26-27

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

3 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

You can review the Book of Enoch until The Second Coming but it will STILL be extrabiblical and NOT Scripture. 

1.  Who classified it as NOT Scripture and Extrabiblical...?

2.  I'm torn here. On one hand...if the Creator of the Universe wanted the Book of Enoch in the "Cannon"...then, it would be.

However, just because its not does not IPSO FACTO mean it's corrupted; Especially since the Book "mirrors" Scripture in many instances.  The Church Fathers and the New Testament Authors were more than well aware of the Book of Enoch.

We are to follow the word of God, not what is outside the canon.

Closing your eyes, sticking fingers in the ears and saying la la la... is not a doctrine to adopt, imho. Nevertheless, I personally use the Book for background.

Btw, Wikipedia is not  recognized as a reliable research tool by most.

For good reason.  However, that was only 1/8th of the SUPPORT he posted; what about the other 7/8th's ??

regards

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 12/1/2017 at 2:42 PM, 1to3 said:

If the one-third number is in fact accurate, what assurance that is! Two thirds of the angels are still on God's side, and for followers of Christ, they are on our side as well.

It wouldn't matter if Every Angel was cast out of heaven for rebellion.  That would only mean that instead of 1/3 of the Angels being doomed to be cast into the lake of fire forever, all the angels would be.  Because God is greater than anything He created, He is greater than all of His creation put together.  And as Scripture says, If God is with us, who can be against us? (cf. Romans 8:28-39, esp. v. 31b).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 5/9/2017 at 11:41 AM, Guest said:

To understand the Catholic and Protestant Bibles we must know what books the Biblical authors considered important and divinely inspired during the time they wrote the biblical manuscripts. Books outside the traditional 66 have been mentioned in the Bible in three different ways: by name, quotation, or alluded too. So what books did the biblical authors consider important? Here is a list:

1) The Book of Jasher

2) The Annals of Jehu

3) The Treatise of the book of Kings

4) The book of Records, Book of Chronicans of Ahasuerus

5) The Acts of Solomon

6) The Sayings of Hozai

7) The Chronicles of David

8) The Book of Wars of the Lord

9)The Chronicals of Samuel, Nathan, Gad

10) Samuels Book

11) The Prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite

12) The Treatise of the Prophet Iddo

13) The Book of Enoch

Both OT and NT writers of the Bible considered the Book of Enoch to be divinely inspired, and it is included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible which is actually 88 books.

If a book is mentioned, quoted, or alluded to is it worthy of study if it expands the understanding of the Bible and why Jesus Christ came to earth? The theory of the book of Enoch is that it was written prior to the book of Genesis and then before that was kept through verbal oral tradition. Our earliest manuscripts date to the 2nd to 3rd centuries BC but scholars believe this is not the original date of the Enochian canon. The first century Christians considered the book of Enoch as inspired canon if not authentic.

Thoughts?

While you rightly state that these books were referenced in some way in the Canon of Scripture, you conclude with assertions that you simply have not proven.  1.) "Both OT and NT writers of the Bible considered the Book of Enoch to be divinely inspired"  and 2.) "The first century Christians considered the book of Enoch as inspired canon..."

That the Book of Enoch is included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible proves nothing other than that they consider it inspired but "they" do not make up the Church, nor were "they" necessarily right.  Remember Pelagius?  How about Nestor?  and others as well who had their followers of their doctrines/books but were ultimately recognized as being in error?

The fact is, the early Church Did Not agree that these books were "inspired" or they would have been in the final Canon of Scripture.  The fact that they are referred to or even quoted 'in part' means only that they did have some things to say that were true and worthy.  Remember the saying, "A broken clock is right twice a day," which is absolutely true (if you're using a 12 hour clock), but you would not want to depend on it to get to work on time.  Neither do you want to place unwarranted confidence/trust in any of those other books.