IGNORED

Major problems getting onto Worthy

missmuffet

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, wingnut- said:

I think it probably has to do with us both using older versions of Windows, mine isn't as old as yours but still not new.  Kinda what Shiloh is saying, older software is what I am thinking is why we get that message.

It's not just the older software.  That is part of it, but also the processor. Older processors simply cannot keep up with the Internet the way it is now.  Vista came out 13-14 years ago or so, and processors for machines back then would not do well today. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That might work for you shiloh but it doesn't work for us. We will have to stay with what we are familiar with as long as possible. My son is disabled.

I understand.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Guess what I did? I cleared all the caches and the message is gone :D I sure hope it didn't mess anything else up.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It's not just the older software.  That is part of it, but also the processor. Older processors simply cannot keep up with the Internet the way it is now.  Vista came out 13-14 years ago or so, and processors for machines back then would not do well today. 

I agree, but this new laptop has an up to date processor, just an older OS.  In missmuffet's case her processor is probably not up to date, but since we both get the same error code it is more likely the old OS.  Eventually we will both probably have to upgrade OS, but I will run on Windows 7 as long as I can lol.  I am curious if anyone running on windows 10 gets that error, because that would debunk my whole theory lol.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

5 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I agree, but this new laptop has an up to date processor, just an older OS.  In missmuffet's case her processor is probably not up to date, but since we both get the same error code it is more likely the old OS.  Eventually we will both probably have to upgrade OS, but I will run on Windows 7 as long as I can lol.  I am curious if anyone running on windows 10 gets that error, because that would debunk my whole theory lol.

I run Linux and get the same error message.

If a person get a new tower what happens to the Virus protection they they have purchased that was on their old tower?

I am seeing everything that is being said in the chatroom on the lower right hand side of my computer. How to you shut that off or is George still working on that?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

If a person get a new tower what happens to the Virus protection they they have purchased that was on their old tower?

You would have to download it on new harddrive but your account is still good.  You may want to check with your virus protection first and see if you need to do anything specific.

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am seeing everything that is being said in the chatroom on the lower right hand side of my computer. How to you shut that off or is George still working on that?

I don't know the answer on that, I don't get the chat on my screen unless I click the chat tab.  Maybe see if those three dots are still on the right side where you can close it?

19 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I talked to a computer guy a few months ago. He does computers for a living. He told me that I had about 2 more years for Vista. He said that he thought Windows 7 would be around for a few more years so not to worry quite yet.

2 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

You would have to download it on new harddrive but your account is still good.  You may want to check with your virus protection first and see if you need to do anything specific.

I don't know the answer on that, I don't get the chat on my screen unless I click the chat tab.  Maybe see if those three dots are still on the right side where you can close it?

That is what I think I would have to do. Call ESET which I love and ask them. Where are the three dots?