IGNORED

Did Paul Have a Woman as His Pastor? (Charisma News)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

My dear Beloved Brothers & Sisters...

I am appalled by reading this Thread,rarely do I ever read every single post but I was lead to do so and my spirit is deeply grieved.......Brothers & Sisters in Christ speaking to one another with such animosity,from outright hostile to the just as bad passive aggressive replies......please,each of you,except one for sure,possibly 2 who will not be offended if I do not name them......please,I beg of you,go back from page one & read your posts,your replies to another member of Christ Body.....

And then one speaks of "sinners",do we not ALL fall short of the Glory of God? Brothers & Sisters,we are Representing the ONE Who reduced Himself to "servitude" from all His Majesty,He washed His Brothers feet,He SAid the "least Will be the GREATEST.....& all this non-Salvational fuss over such a thing?between the Brethren?CAn anyone not listen to what another has to say without mocking them,questioning their walk with Christ,belittling one another? What does this say to the world who examines every word we say as if under a microscope?

I am a woman of God,God Gives me so many Ministry opportunities in so many ways.....I've preached in Church,witness in the streets,serve food to the homeless, cleanied toilets in church , Helps Ministry.....each & every assignment is an honor & a privilege to serve God,serve others.........what is the difference what Pheobe's Title was,she was no lesser or greater than the Apostles Peter & Paul,no lesser or greater than King David or Moses.......the point is here that a woman can pastor a church but she still does not have Authority over a man.........is that so difficult for anyone to understand or to agree or disagree with?THere is a woman pastor in my church who is the FIRST to say"A woman never has Spiritual Authority over a man".....God used a donkey to speak,did that give the donkey authority of his owner?he certainly taught the man,didn't he......God Will Use whomever He Will Use but it still does not give the woman  Authority .......I Understand this,my Pastor Understand ,Adam & Eve got sa bit confused & look where it got them!

Now anyone is free to disagree with me but how dare anyone say I am a bigot or discriminatory,it is Gods Word......and please don'y use Scripture out of context because I won't      THere are many times I speak Wisdom to my husband & he Receives that with great Joy,how many times he will say that I taught him something but no,God does,not me.......we are one flesh ,God Called as as ONE,we are one unit cAlled but He has Spiritual Authority that I submit to.....he is not greater,not lesser,we are not even equal we are UNited as ONE.......

Please,just be kind to one another,you can disagree but then REASON together,hear what each other has to say & WHY.....Sister Planet,we spoke many times & never in such a way as this Thread,clearly you do not agree with me nor I do with you.....does this make you or I ignorant,less of a Sister,no more dancing partners,do we say "I'll pray for you " with a negative connotation implying the other has no Understanding?I should hope not!    

I understand what you are saying,there were women in the Bible that were great examples of woman of great Faith,women of God,serving & Called for a Purpose.....that should definitely Inspire women that they too can be Used According to the Purpose of their Calling......I have no doubt that Phoebe was a great Inspiration to Paul & to many others,she was loved,respected & commended for her service,God Probably Spoke Many A Word through Phoebe,you do not need to have Authority over a man to minister to him......     Anyway,can everyone take a moment to pray,pray for yourselves to focus on Jesus & speak with that Love that He Speaks to you with

Glory to God in the Highest                                                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

The reason why we do not see this today as should be is due to how lost the world is. 

The enormity,  the sheer overwhelming reality of this,  is devastating at first to even start to learn.....  perhaps not required of everyone ( I don't know) ,  but not many escape in any case ....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

4 hours ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Femanazi's ? I've only heard Rush Limbaugh's young dittoheads use that pejorative. 

A woman's body is her own. Period. In marriage the two become one. As it says in scripture.

Not true.  I highly suggest you do a more in-depth study of scripture about marriage before making such comments.  Only those who love the world would find comfort in your words.

You really should study what a marriage true encompasses. 1 Corinthians 7; Ephesians 5; Colossians 3, 1 Peter 3, and that are only the main points from the NT.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/5/2017 at 7:35 PM, OneLight said:

Not true.  I highly suggest you do a more in-depth study of scripture about marriage before making such comments.  Only those who love the world would find comfort in your words.

I disagree with you. I believe people would find comfort in a discussion with someone that doesn't attempt to slyly demean their identity or faith . 

You really should study what a marriage true encompasses. 1 Corinthians 7; Ephesians 5; Colossians 3, 1 Peter 3, and that are only the main points from the NT.

Interestingly enough, the (implication) of this verse is that which also appears in its own writings in the Koran . The holy book of Muhammadans. It is the edict that permits Muhamadan husbands to have sex with the body of their wife even when she is not so inclined. Because he has authority over it. Sura 4:34. In civilized western culture that would be called rape. In Islam it is called marriage. 

Again, this is cultural and it was to that tradition that Paul was addressing his letters to the church in Corinth. Paul's letter based on traditional Jewish values. Christians aren't Jewish. 

1 Corinthians 7:4 For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Mark 10:8-12 And the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

I edited "spirit" to (implication) because too many people didn't get that a Christian would never say her God wrote the Koran. Better now?:beehive: Seriously! Where's the benefit of the doubt here that people who are Christian are Christian? Rather than looking for any inroad to assault their faith just inside the rules so as not to get reported for it? For pete's sake people. 

Edited by SchmaltzWeasel

38 minutes ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

I disagree with you. I believe people would find comfort in a discussion with someone that doesn't attempt to slyly demean their identity or faith .

Then I suggest you not slyly demean your identity or faith and come right out ans say what you mean.

38 minutes ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Interestingly enough, the spirit of this verse is that which also appears in its own writings in the Koran . The holy book of Muhammadans. It is the edict that permits Muhamadan husbands to have sex with the body of their wife even when she is not so inclined. Because he has authority over it. Sura 4:34. In civilized western culture that would be called rape. In Islam it is called marriage. 

Again, this is cultural and it was to that tradition that Paul was addressing his letters to the church in Corinth. Paul's letter based on traditional Jewish values. Christians aren't Jewish. 

1 Corinthians 7:4 For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Mark 10:8-12 And the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”

It is pretty shocking that someone who declares Christ would say the Spirit that gave us scripture pertaining to marriage is the same spirit that wrote the Qur'an.  How can you even say that??

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

Then I suggest you not slyly demean your identity or faith and come right out ans say what you mean.

I never demean my faith. And I did say what I meant. :) 

It is pretty shocking that someone who declares Christ would say the Spirit that gave us scripture pertaining to marriage is the same spirit that wrote the Qur'an.  How can you even say that??

It's really easy to answer that. I never did say that. :) 

Care to explain what you meant in the exchange then if it is not what is obvious?  Here it is below.

40 minutes ago, OneLight said:
1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

37 minutes ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

I never demean my faith. And I did say what I meant. :)

And what was that exactly?  If you are implying that it was me you were indicating when you stated "someone that doesn't attempt to slyly demean their identity or faith", I highly suggest you show me how I am doing this. 

40 minutes ago, OneLight said:

1 hour ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

Interestingly enough, the spirit of this verse is that which also appears in its own writings in the Koran . The holy book of Muhammadans. It is the edict that permits Muhamadan husbands to have sex with the body of their wife even when she is not so inclined. Because he has authority over it. Sura 4:34. In civilized western culture that would be called rape. In Islam it is called marriage. 

37 minutes ago, SchmaltzWeasel said:

It's really easy to answer that. I never did say that. :) 

Really?  You quote me pointing to scripture and then you reply: "Interestingly enough, the spirit of this verse is that which also appears in its own writings in the Koran . The holy book of Muhammadans. It is the edict that permits Muhamadan husbands to have sex with the body of their wife even when she is not so inclined. Because he has authority over it. Sura 4:34. In civilized western culture that would be called rape. In Islam it is called marriage. "

You then go on to say Paul was applying culture morality instead of the Word of God as it applies to everyone.  You even quoted 1 Corinthians 7:4 to make your point, along with Genesis 2:24 and Mark 10:8-12.

Exactly how is what you said not implying scripture is just like the Qur'an?

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

1 Corinthians 7:4  The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:5 Do not deprive one another, except by mutual consent for a limited time, so you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again, so that Satan will not tempt you through your lack of self-control.

No where does the bible suggest or condone what your saying.  The koran is NOT God inspired writing. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, giggling appy said:

1 Corinthians 7:4  The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

1 Corinthians 7:5 Do not deprive one another, except by mutual consent for a limited time, so you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again, so that Satan will not tempt you through your lack of self-control.

No where does the bible suggest or condone what your saying.  The koran is NOT God inspired writing. 

No one in this thread has actually stated the Koran is a god inspired writing. 

Paul is speaking to the church in Corinth. Which was a region decidedly pagan in nature and worship. 
The Koranic dictate as to a man controlling his wifes body, being, is a comparative for those that imagine a Christian husband owns, controls, his wife's being. And she in turn surrenders her autonomy. And the same with the Christian husband to his wife.  

If we're going to go by that edict as God given then hearken to the Old Testament that Paul was solely familiar with on a personal level as a Pharisee. A prosecutor of God's law. And those verses that speak of and to women and their being in the control of males in their life. 
For instance, a raped daughter.  Who was to be sold by her father to her rapist for pieces of silver. Or, if she was engaged in the ravishing, she was to instead be killed.  

If a woman is to be property of her husband as some wish to argue here, then that woman would not be able to speak without her husbands permission. And the same for the husband without his wife's permission. 

If the body is not their own each spouse and their actions are under the control of the other. 

That's slavery. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

No one in this thread has actually stated the Koran is a god inspired writing.

I didn't say anyone said it.  On page 9, a verse from the koran was put up side by side with the bible to suggest that the bible and the koran is saying the same thing and condoned.  NO the person didn't say it to a tee   But the hint is there because the bible verse was taken out of context to prove a point.