• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I understand what you are saying Pat,I don't think I'm concerned with logic but the a legal perspective,the due process.....I don't believe I ever said she should be sent to prison but rather "arrested" & jailed as she goes through the legal process as everyone else would.....you or I would be "charged" ,jailed",released on bail(if we could afford it) & then await a court hearing.....isn't that how it works?    

I personally believe it is an act of treason,I shouldn't say as much as I have because in all honesty I have not seen the video......I may be wrong but from what I've been told she is not "saying" anything & I don't think iyt is about "freedom of speech" ...this is not a case of someone speaking against the President imo but making threatening ,murderous gestures,implicating "death" for the POTUS.....I think this goes far beyond agreeing or disagreeing with their politics,don't you? 

I really don't want to watch such a gorey thing ,perhaps I have no right to talk about it here as I am going by what others have said?       Love ya,Kwik

She is going through the legal process just like everyone else. She is being investigated by the proper enforcement agency and they will make the determination if more needs to be done.  

That is the normal process.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

She is going through the legal process just like everyone else. She is being investigated by the proper enforcement agency and they will make the determination if more needs to be done.  

That is the normal process.

I dunno,doesn't seem "normal" to me,they have the "video" that is enough to "charge" her with the crime....as I said,if you or I or anyone not in the celebrity status made such a video we would not be investigated before there was a knock on the door & we were placed in hand cuffs,read our rights & cared off the start"due process"...the SS is not the SCOTUS ,since when are they so lax concerning the POTUS? I just don't get it.....this is truly being treated as a 'freedom of speech" thing & in m,y eyes it has nothing to do with her rights to speak publically to express her opinion.....holding up a severed head is far more than an opinion,a political view or a speech of any kind.....

When I was NYPD I was not a detective and I did not investigate anything but the reason for any investigations are basically to get enough evidence for lack of anything to support your case if you want to '"charge " someone for an offense or a crime.....they already have evidence,whats the holdup?    See what I am saying?

With Love & Peace in our Lord Jesus,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I dunno,doesn't seem "normal" to me,they have the "video" that is enough to "charge" her with the crime....as I said,if you or I or anyone not in the celebrity status made such a video we would not be investigated before there was a knock on the door & we were placed in hand cuffs,read our rights & cared off the start"due process"...the SS is not the SCOTUS ,since when are they so lax concerning the POTUS? I just don't get it.....this is truly being treated as a 'freedom of speech" thing & in m,y eyes it has nothing to do with her rights to speak publically to express her opinion.....holding up a severed head is far more than an opinion,a political view or a speech of any kind.....

When I was NYPD I was not a detective and I did not investigate anything but the reason for any investigations are basically to get enough evidence for lack of anything to support your case if you want to '"charge " someone for an offense or a crime.....they already have evidence,whats the holdup?    See what I am saying?

With Love & Peace in our Lord Jesus,Kwik

To me it seems perfectly normal, the proper people are investigating and will make the determination.  I do not agree that would happen to your or me.

I think it is unfair to accuse the Secret Service of being las just because they are not doing what you want them to do. 

I understand in your eyes is it not a freedom of speech thing, but in my eyes, and the eyes of many others, it is a free speech thing.

In my opinion the "hold up" is that it is not as black and white as you and others are making it out to be.  There is no foregone conclusion it was a threat, that is merely the opinion of you and others.  My first reaction was "man she is a sick person", I never saw it as direct threat against Trump.  Now, had she held up the head and said "this is what I am going to do to you", that would have been a threat. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, she is playing the victim.   She is trying to claim that the Trump family's response to her vile video amounts to bullying her.   It's completely ridiculous.  But that is the kind of warped argument you use when your lawyer is the daughter of Gloria Alred.    She is claiming that Trump is ruining her life and that he "broke her."   No, she brought this on herself.   She made the video and even joked that she might have to move to South America or something.   She knew what she was doing, that it was over the line, but made a conscious choice to do it, anyway. 

She is reaping what she sowed.    She has no one to blame but herself.   All of the criticism she is getting is justly deserved.  Actions have consequences and she needs to grow up and put on her big girl pants and just take it and accept that she is suffering on account of her own self-destructive decision.  

And hopefully she will have some time in prison to think about her actions.  If nothing else, the SS should scare the living daylights out of her and make her sweat for a little while. 

She violated Federal law. If she's arrested the press should be there to film the whole thing and her trial should be broadcast to the world and the Net. 

Demonic acts like hers should be smashed asap. As it is, calling for our Presidents beheading should land her in prison for as long as possible. My idea of a perfect sentence would be life. With all her assets seized. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

I dunno,doesn't seem "normal" to me,they have the "video" that is enough to "charge" her with the crime....as I said,if you or I or anyone not in the celebrity status made such a video we would not be investigated before there was a knock on the door & we were placed in hand cuffs,read our rights & cared off the start"due process"...the SS is not the SCOTUS ,since when are they so lax concerning the POTUS?

I just don't get it.....this is truly being treated as a 'freedom of speech" thing & in m,y eyes it has nothing to do with her rights to speak publically to express her opinion.....holding up a severed head is far more than an opinion,a political view or a speech of any kind.....

The problem is that Trump has become an acceptable target, in the eyes many, for this kind of murderous hatred, even if they cannot find the courage to admit it.   "Free speech" is being redefined to include what Griffin did.

Her lawyer is a radical leftist/feminist.  That probably plays into it, as well.  People on the Left have to offer up insincere "condemnations"  of it, but deep in their hearts, they really do agree with Griffin.  They are not really that outraged.   The only difference is that Griffin had the guts to do it, and they do not.   

And the reason they don't have the guts is because everyone knows what can happen if you say or do something that can be construed as a threat against an elected official, especially in the highest office in the land.                                                                                           

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:
  1. I believe it has everything to do with President Trump,perhaps not for you but for many many people defending Kathy Griffith......imo    I certainly understand what you are saying BUT you are not the POTUS & if it were you it is not an act of treason.......I think thats the whole point here       Love,Kwik

It's not treason. People who hate Trump will defend Griffin's actions every time. She did what they themselves don't have the courage to do. Imagine how hard Hillary laughed when she saw this video. Notice she hasn't said a word? 

This is a violation of Federal law. It isn't protected free speech.But Trump's detractors will claim it is. The SS prayerfully aren't persuaded by partisan bias so as to abandon their lawful duty in this matter. 

18 U.S. Code § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

"... or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

There's no relevance whatever to the LBJ SCOTUS case and Griffins violation. She's actually prosecutable. 

11 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The problem is that Trump has become an acceptable target, in the eyes many, for this kind of murderous hatred, even if they cannot find the courage to admit it.   "Free speech" is being redefined to include what Griffin did.

Her lawyer is a radical leftist/feminist.  That probably plays into it, as well.  People on the Left have to offer up insincere "condemnations"  of it, but deep in their hearts, they really do agree with Griffin.  They are not really that outraged.   The only difference is that Griffin had the guts to do it, and they do not.   

And the reason they don't have the guts is because everyone knows what can happen if you say or do something that can be construed as a threat against an elected official, especially in the highest office in the land.                                                                                           

Imagine where you'd be right now had you done this in a life Facebook feed. Not here posting, that's for sure. 

In comparison, BING search results: citizen arrested threats against obama

Remember reading about some of those? 

Griffin's now playing the victim :rolleyes: She did the math and realized what this terrorist stunt cost her in loss of venues and appearance contracts. 

Griffin not 'laying down' for Trump, fears career is over

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Embattled comedian Kathy Griffin says she's not afraid of Donald Trump and plans to keep making fun of him but maintained that she's sorry for a video that depicted her holding a likeness of the president's severed, bloody head.

At a rambling press conference Friday, Griffin tearfully predicted her career is over and said Trump "broke me." Since the video was posted Tuesday, she has lost her job co-hosting CNN's New Year's Eve special and had all her upcoming comedy shows cancelled. Trump, first lady Melania Trump and Donald Trump Jr. have publicly criticized the video. Full article and Griffin appearance

She's not laying down. She's "sorry" for the video she pre-planned and produced and hired the videographer for. And she's going to keep on against Trump. And she fears her career is over. But she's going to keep making fun of Trump where? If she has no career platform to perform on? 

Boy, that's contrition for you. 

Then there's this that Kathy Griffin can be held liable for: Cyber Bullying law: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/cyber-bullying.html

Guest shiloh357
32 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

Imagine where you'd be right now had you done this in a life Facebook feed. Not here posting, that's for sure. :rolleyes: 

Yes, had an ordinary citizen done what she had done, and would have the benefit of a powerful lawyer, that person would be sitting in a jail cell.

She did the math and realized what this terrorist stunt cost her in loss of venues and appearance contracts. 

She and her lawyer are trying to turn this into an attack from Trump, that there was nothing wrong with what she did, and the criticism she got from the Trump family amounts to bullying.   She is trying to cast herself as the victim, when she is a really disgusting, D-list comedian who doing her best to stay out of prison.   Blaming Trump for all of the companies that are pulling away from her when Trump has nothing to do with it.  

Liberals are not adults; they cannot take responsibility for their own actions.   She is taking a page from Hillary Clinton and blaming Trump and anyone else, she can think of such as "old white men"   who are trying to destroy her.   She cannot admit that she made a self-destructive decision and that she knew the consequences ahead of time and chose to move forward, anyway.    She deserves prison and I hope she gets it, but I don't think she will.