• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, PlanetChee said:

You really can't say that. This isn't a free speech issue.  

The men who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would not agree with you, they had no issue with burning images of King George in effigy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

The men who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights would not agree with you, they had no issue with burning images of King George in effigy.

Not even remotely the same thing. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I know that because of the emotional reaction being displayed on this thread.  I know that because I'm a parent and it would upset me as well.  I wouldn't care for a moment about someone depicting my head as being severed, but if my child saw it and was upset that would get a reaction from me.

No, you don't know why she is under investigation.  The SS doesn't investigate these things because people are upset.

The founders did not agree with you, nor do I.

The founders have nothing to do with it.   And you can cite exactly zero laws that protect  American citizens from doing what she did.    The laws on the books support my position.   Whether you agree with me or not, I am right, and the law is on MY side, not yours.

Just now, PlanetChee said:

Not even remotely the same thing. 

Of course it is, which is why they said in the preamble to the Constitution that they intended to form "a more perfect union" than the one they had lived under previously.  Then they established the freedoms for the citizenry to exercise, so unless you believe they thought themselves criminals and not patriots, it surely is the same thing.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Of course it is, which is why they said in the preamble to the Constitution that they intended to form "a more perfect union" than the one they had lived under previously.  Then they established the freedoms for the citizenry to exercise, so unless you believe they thought themselves criminals and not patriots, it surely is the same thing.

None of that matters.   We have laws today that prohibit people from doing anything that can have even the remotest possibility of inciting violence against the president and this would be covered.   We are obligated to the laws of our land today and she violated current US law.    Whatever you think about the founders, that doesn't cancel out our laws, today. 

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The laws on the books support my position.   Whether you agree with me or not, I am right, and the law is on MY side, not yours.

So far the Secret Service and the DOJ disagree with YOUR view.  They are really the only opinion that counts 

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you don't know why she is under investigation.  The SS doesn't investigate these things because people are upset.

Right, because governmental agencies would never do such a thing, which means Trump is currently under investigation for legitimate reasons and not just because liberals are upset they lost the election.

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The founders have nothing to do with it.   And you can cite exactly zero laws that protect  American citizens from doing what she did.    The laws on the books support my position.   Whether you agree with me or not, I am right, and the law is on MY side, not yours.

They should have everything to do with it considering they understood liberty far more than people in this nation do today.  When the smoke from this clears you will see that you are not right at all.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Running Gator said:

So far the Secret Service and the DOJ disagree with YOUR view.  They are really the only opinion that counts 

No, they don't.   That is why she is under SS investigation.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.67
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, they don't.   That is why she is under SS investigation.

Has she been arrested or charged with a crime?

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

None of that matters.   We have laws today that prohibit people from doing anything that can have even the remotest possibility of inciting violence against the president and this would be covered.   We are obligated to the laws of our land today and she violated current US law.    Whatever you think about the founders, that doesn't cancel out our laws, today. 

So you are in favor of an overbearing federal government that manipulates the law through personal interpretation to weaken your personal freedom?