IGNORED

13 Alabama counties saw 85 percent drop in food stamp participation after work requirements restarted

Justice_League

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

This ideal that people are not being responsible is offensive to me.

Too bad.  All through society people are wicked, lying and selfish. Stealing from others, and even marketing souls of men, women and children (exactly as Scripture says).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I didn't see where it says they got jobs. Did it say? I don't know.  Unknown to many people, there are working people who qualify  for food stamps.  This ideal that people are not being responsible is offensive to me. Sometimes stuff happens in life. Your job cuts your hrs, someone gets sick. You find yourself in a place you never thought you would be.:12:

All of that is true, LK.  But I think the general overview is that food stamps should be a temporary stop gap to help people.  I have relatives up north who have been on them for over twenty years and now their kids are on them too.  The cycle tends to perpetuate itself.  Better education and job growth is the answer, not more welfare.  There are jobs that can't be filled because no one wants them.  I say ANY job is better than being on welfare.  It goes to one's self respect. 

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Too bad.  All through society people are wicked, lying and selfish. Stealing from others, and even marketing souls of men, women and children (exactly as Scripture says).

Too bad that I am offended? 

3 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Too bad that I am offended? 

Think about it a few minutes.   Why were you offended ?

13 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

All of that is true, LK.  But I think the general overview is that food stamps should be a temporary stop gap to help people.  I have relatives up north who have been on them for over twenty years and now their kids are on them too.  The cycle tends to perpetuate itself.  Better education and job growth is the answer, not more welfare.  There are jobs that can't be filled because no one wants them.  I say ANY job is better than being on welfare.  It goes to one's self respect. 

I understand what you are saying MG. I always feel uneasy when I see post on here about food stamps or what not. It should be handle with kindness as none of us know what anyone on here is going through. I too have known people who take advantage of the system. And for someone already in the system to keep having child after child when they can not care for the ones they already have is being foolish. I think it would all work better if it was more of a case by case. Instead of a cut all or all for all if you know what I mean. I think churches should do more to help and not with just handing things out, but finding out how they can help a person help themselves.  I think that most people do want to work. And I think that people sometimes get stuck in the system and don't know how to get out. Well those are my feelings. Carry on. 

12 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Think about it a few minutes.   Why were you offended ?

Maybe offended wasn't the right word. Maybe it is because a few years ago I had a load of bad stuff happen to me and my family that was beyond our control. The short of it is the company my husband worked for close up. Then he was hired by a guy to do work for his company. Then when the work was done, that guy let my husband go and refuse to pay him for his work. So this and that happen and I would hear all the time people telling me that you have to be responsible. That is why you are in the mess you are in because you are not responsible. No. We are in the mess we were in because some low life did not pay for the work that was done. As it turn out he was putting the money he was suppose to be paying his workers into other project. We were not the only ones who did not get paid. So that in a nutshell was what happen. And all the while people keep saying to me you lost everything because you were not responsible. I'm sorry. It is just a personal thing with me. 

24 minutes ago, Davida said:

Try disagreeing and make an intellectual basis for your opinion.

I thought I did. Well I made some more post since then maybe they will help. 

16 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I thought I did. Well I made some more post since then maybe they will help. 

Yes,  very much .   YHWH (GOD) is just working on you and your husband, perfecting you in the character of Christ, as His Word says.

This is much, much different than stating that most people, or even half of them, on welfare/entitlements/insurance/retirement/

are doing or living "right" according to truth. (they're not).

I thought from the first post I questioned that you were offended because you thought many people on welfare were just 'stuck' like you and your husband were,  and that they weren't gaming the system (selfishly) wittingly or not. 

Most of them on entitlements/ etc/ are not doing nor living 'right' according to Scripture.  Even the leaders, religious ones, are playing the system themselves, and encouraging others to

instead of helping them / instead of teaching anyone to do what is right and good and true according to Scripture.

Of course, most people NOT on entitlements of any kind, are also NOT doing nor living right according to Scripture,

so it is not as if to pick on one group and respect another group, no.   All mankind is sinful,  and deteriorating fast. (as written).

When we were "in" the system,  for massive health challenges (a surprise actually to survive),

the suprervisor of the case workers admitted to us openly that out of hudnreds of cases,  we were the only ones who told her the truth !!!! (actually, this did not surprise me much - I already knew it (we were unique)  -  it was a miracle of grace even,  including that the supervisor even ever talked with us (the case workers did not have the authority or the ability(or maybe the desire) to accomplish the job) .....   the whole system has been so overwhelmed with fraud for decades, top to bottom (governors/senators/and higher down to smallest cases) it has been broken for a long, long time.....

(might need edited/ clarified later(feel free to ask) ...... written spur of moment not double-checked/ )

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I understand what you are saying MG. I always feel uneasy when I see post on here about food stamps or what not. It should be handle with kindness as none of us know what anyone on here is going through. I too have known people who take advantage of the system. And for someone already in the system to keep having child after child when they can not care for the ones they already have is being foolish. I think it would all work better if it was more of a case by case. Instead of a cut all or all for all if you know what I mean. I think churches should do more to help and not with just handing things out, but finding out how they can help a person help themselves.  I think that most people do want to work. And I think that people sometimes get stuck in the system and don't know how to get out. Well those are my feelings. Carry on. 

Good points and I agree.  It's breaking the cycle that is hard, I know this from my own relatives, that it becomes the norm.  Even if there are no jobs of any consequence, able bodied recipients can do litter control and such things until they can find a job.  But for those that are truly in need, our government is absolutely essential.  A lot of other countries have no safety net such as we have.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/12/2017 at 11:02 PM, Justice_League said:

It is. It's better that those people have jobs now and not tax payer support. Welfare shouldn't be impetus to not work.