• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Anonymous Aristotle said:

Being president means that you can shove another world leader and they'll let you get away with it

Yes, you can get away with it, but it does not stop you from being a jerk for doing it.  Being president means you can get away with just about anything, ask Bill Clinton.  Didn't make it right.   Bush II started a war on lies that cost more than a trillion dollars and 5000 American service members lives, and he got away with it because he was president.  Didn't make it right to do.

Might makes right is not a biblical principle. 

Guest Butero
58 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Brother Butero

So may I ask "How do these bickersome threads serve that purpose" I know for a fact that you are not in front of the computer for 8 hrs a day debating the same issues(Different Titles,same Topics) day after day after day                       You Sis with Love,Kwik

I have to fight the temptation to do that to get other things done.  I don't think these fights accomplish anything of value.  What I see is certain people that have a desire to attack President Trump every chance they get.  They know the majority here are conservative, so they are trying to chip away at them to get them to consider that liberals aren't all bad and that divided government is better than 100 percent Republican rule.  I saw what was happening and felt the need to step into the conversation. 

None of these silly attacks on the President over whether or not he was rude accomplish anything good.  They are attempts to create  divisions.  They are attempts to make people that voted for Trump regret it and start accepting the media spin that we made a mistake and should have voted for Hillary or perhaps Gary Johnson.  When you have to stoop to making a big deal over something like whether Trump was rude, it tells me he hasn't really done anything that bad.  I guess I feel the need to defend the President against unfair attacks before they start to wear away at his supporters.  It was like before the election.  Some ran from Trump for fear of how people would look at them, so I proudly put his name on the vehicles I was driving and defended him openly every chance I had.  We have to stop the "resistance" before they have any impact.  It am seeking to break the resistance. 

Those attacking the President have an agenda.  I know the agenda of one person because he told me what it is.  He wants divided government.  In my case, I want conservative government.  Everyone involved in these threads has an agenda.  I would suspect yours is a desire for peace, which is a good thing.  The Bible says blessed are the peacemakers.  I wish we could all live in peace and harmony, but there is a spiritual battle taking place in this world between good and evil, and it won't end till Jesus returns and sets up his Kingdom.  Anytime you stand up for God, you will face "resistance."  I face resistance for just standing for the truth of the Bible.  The war between good and evil has become part of the political system.  I see liberals as on the side of the devil.  Even when they are pretending to care for the poor and downtrodden, it is all self-serving.  Instead of relying on God, they put their faith in government.  The whole system is evil. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I feel that it effects the church.  When liberals are in charge, you have anti-discrimination laws in place forcing Christians to violate their conscience and do things like marry gay couples or provide wedding cakes for homosexuals.  You have the murder of unborn babies.  You have attacks on Christianity and tolerance for every false religion under the sun, including Islam.  They try to attack our free speech, even in the pulpits, like the Mayor of Houston did.  Liberals threaten us all, so I feel like it is a life and death struggle.  They must be defeated so we can keep some morality in the nation and freedom to spread the gospel as we believe it. 

Everything I want to do in the way of Christian radio and television is threatened by liberals.  If I want to start a church, they will try to re-define what is protected free speech and say something is hate speech.  They have already banned political free speech in churches with the threat of taking away your non-profit status.  If we let liberalism spread without a fight, we will wind up with a state church, bans on so-called hate speech, and a flood of future terrorists flooding our nation.  I understand this isn't a fight everyone feels comfortable being directly involved in, but someone has to do it. 

The Supreme Court has just made a ruling that deals a severe blow to the 'hate speech' nonsense; they ruled the First Amendment doesn't bar offensive speech.  We, as Christians, just have to continue to refuse to be silenced and refuse to ompromise on what we believe.  Silence is tacit agreement with the Dark Left's agenda.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Sad isn't it? :( We are to love. Even our enemies. So why is it our president in the eyes of some Christians in this world is exempt from that commandment? 

"No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us." 1 John 4:12

Sure is.......I cannot answer this & I can tell you that I was not pleased with Obama in office but I prayed for him,his family & certainly tried to keep my mouth shut in regards to my personal opinion about the man.....still,loving him and with hopes of not mocking Christ by letting my carnal thoughts plop out of my mouth..,...we do not even really have to "like"  a person in order to love them,we love them by our actions(imo)our desire to do good for them ,in kindness and in other ways,not by professing our own opinions that may or my not be negative ones.does that make sense....I was taught that if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all    

President Trump needs our prayers & support just as much as Mr Obama did & still does,we don't have to like president Trump nor do we have to be pleased with anything he does now that he is in the Oval Office,,,but He is & that should be enough to "zip it!!!" It is one thing to voice your disagreements & displeasure with his decisions or lack of but this constant character assasination has got to stop,it is terribly unattractive                  Love ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Running Gator said:

I just looked back to be sure, but I never said that at all in that thread, you are mistaken.  I looked at every post that I made in that thread and never came close to saying that.   

My sincere apologies. I just looked at that thread and I was mistaken. It wasn't you that made the comment about not using the F word. 

I apologize again and accept what you've implied in this thread. That you do curse but not here because of the rules. 

1 minute ago, kwikphilly said:

Sure is.......I cannot answer this & I can tell you that I was not pleased with Obama in office but I prayed for him,his family & certainly tried to keep my mouth shut in regards to my personal opinion about the man.....still,loving him and with hopes of not mocking Christ by letting my carnal thoughts plop out of my mouth..,...we do not even really have to "like"  a person in order to love them,we love them by our actions(imo)our desire to do good for them ,in kindness and in other ways,not by professing our own opinions that may or my not be negative ones.does that make sense....I was taught that if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all    

President Trump needs our prayers & support just as much as Mr Obama did & still does,we don't have to like president Trump nor do we have to be pleased with anything he does not that he is in the Oval Office,,,but He is & that should be enough to "zip it!!!" It is one thing to voice your disagreements & displeasure with his decisions or lack of but this constant character assasination has got to stop,it is terribly unattractive                  Love ,Kwik

Amen!:wub: Well said. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Just now, Butero said:

I have to fight the temptation to do that to get other things done.  I don't think these fights accomplish anything of value.  What I see is certain people that have a desire to attack President Trump every chance they get.  They know the majority here are conservative, so they are trying to chip away at them to get them to consider that liberals aren't all bad and that divided government is better than 100 percent Republican rule.  I saw what was happening and felt the need to step into the conversation. 

Correct; all of the day in, day out trashing of the President is done by the left for the exact purpose you mentioned.  All for nothing, apparently.  You would think it would wear itself out from sheer monotony but, I guess not.

6 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

The Supreme Court has just made a ruling that deals a severe blow to the 'hate speech' nonsense; they ruled the First Amendment doesn't bar offensive speech.  We, as Christians, just have to continue to refuse to be silenced and refuse to ompromise on what we believe.  Silence is tacit agreement with the Dark Left's agenda.

Praise God in that perhaps that will be the buffer that precludes the LGBTQS lobby , and what is already leanings of SPLC, in their efforts to call the bible hate speech as pertains to scripture concerning homosexuality. 

Yes, silence is deadly in this age for the church. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I can't believe people are still saying this.  I was not in favor of the second Gulf War, but it was not started on lies.  That has been proven, over and over, but some people keep falling back on a fallacy to bolster an argument. Incredible.  Some of the chemicals used in the Syria attacks came from Iraq.  You know, the WMD's that weren't there.

The lie was that Iraq with an imminent  threat to us because of their WMDs and their extensive WMD program.  When in reality all they had were left overs from a decade before(some of which we gave them)

11 minutes ago, Butero said:

A divided government is better than 100% rule by either party.  This is because with a divided government less gets done and less damage is done.   When the only two parties that are in power both support bigger government and less personal freedoms, it is best they do not get much accomplished.   The only difference in this area is which parts to make bigger and which freedoms to take away first.  

Nothing good has ever come from one party holding 100% power, at least not in the last 100 years.