• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

3 hours ago, fixerupper said:

Its view of the Godhead : Father Son, Holy Spirit is clear and not muddled or omitted by some newer versions of the bible.

The godhead is muddled in every version of the bible.  Even trinitarians don't agree on everything, and will tell you that there isn't ONE verse that specifically implies a godhead or more specific a Trinity.

The danger

of some newer versions of the Holy Bible is that they have omitted the God head of the FATHER, SON ,HOLY SPIRIT, misleading who Christ Jesus really is.

Who Jesus really is.... is a Savior.  Deity and Trinirarianism are not dangerous or damnable doctrines like some claim and even condemn those who of us who don't believe oe accept them.

Jesus himself said God is greater, and that God knows that that he doesn't.  And why isn't the holy spirit found around the Throne of God???  Just wondering and "just sayin."

Jesus stated the Father.  As for the Son.....Hebrews 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, NOONE7 said:

Jesus stated the Father.  As for the Son.....Hebrews 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

I have no problems with Jesus being God, only that God is greater.  Whether Jesus is God or whether there is or isn't a trinity has no bearing on a persons salvation.

Edited by fixerupper

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  106

2 hours ago, fixerupper said:

I have no problems with Jesus being God, only that God is greater.  Whether Jesus is God or whether there is or isn't a trinity has no bearing on a persons salvation.

I wasn't speaking about salvation but on the topic of a saviour.

JESUS alone is savior there is no other. :)

Isaiah 43:11

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Luke 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Although (Pope) King James Himself Is Just NOT My Cup Of Tea

The state of monarchy is the supremest thing upon earth: for kings are not only God's Lieutenants upon earth, and sit upon God's throne, but even by God himself they are called Gods. http://www.azquotes.com/quote/718254

I Do Love The King James Bible In All Of It's Many Revisions

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11 (King James Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

59 minutes ago, NOONE7 said:

I wasn't speaking about salvation but on the topic of a saviour.

JESUS alone is savior there is no other. :)

Isaiah 43:11

I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Luke 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

That's good because there are to many people ready to condemn those of us who don't believe in a trinity.  The deity is a bit of a different story, but neither are salvation issues.

Edited by fixerupper

Guest Judas Machabeus
30 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

Although (Pope) King James Himself Is Just NOT My Cup Of Tea

Hey Joe (and yes I typed that in a Jimi Hendrix voice ;) )

Are these your words or the OP's word's? It caught me off guard to see Pope in front of King Jame's name.

I am convinced the KJV is the best translation we have avail today. It is not without error but it is the best imho. I also use the esv and the nasb sometimes. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I like my KJV, but I also like the ESV and NASB, both very good translations.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

5 hours ago, fixerupper said:

We ll there's a bunch of links that show over 100 errors in it.  Have you ever look at them?  I just exposed one in 1 john 2:18 where the article was omitted but IS in the original text.  So let me show you 6 mistakes in ONE verse that's NOT on other peoples list of mistakes in the KJV...

Rev. 13;16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

MISTAKE:  The KJV omits the article 6 times in Rev. 13:16.

If you look at this in the Greek interlinear the ARTICLE IS USED 6 TIMES IN VERSE 16 and should read like this...

"and is making all the little and all the great and the rich and the poor and the free and the slaves."  

Verse 16 implies that ALL people "both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave," within the REGIONAL empire of.... and and under the control of the two horned beast will receive the mark,  NOT THE ENTIRE PLANET!  

The word ALL used in verse 16 is the word 'pas'.  'PAS' doesn't imply the entirety of the whole like the word HOLOS does.  You can look at other passages where the word is uses to reinforce that.  The word "EARTH" in verse 8 is 'ge.' Coupled wih the word "PAS," ALL in verse 16 implies ALL OF ONE REGION AND only the people in it and within the kingdom of the anti-Christ. NOT THE ENTIRE PLANET.  The word ALL or 'pas' actually means, 'INDIVIDUALLY' and and means 'all' in a limited sense.

"When the word ALL is used WITHOUT the article it means "every kind or variety."  Used with the article, it means the whole of one object. In the plural it signifies "the totality of the persons or things referred to." Used without a noun it virtually becomes a pronoun, meaning "everyone" or "anyone."

In Rev. 13:16 all is used with the article and is in the plural.

I thought the original text/manuscripts no longer exists.